2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

mustard
JV Team

Re: 2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by mustard »

RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:38 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:18 pm With Ironton as it always has been during the pendleton area will be turnovers and dumb penalties.
There are not many Southetn Ohio teams who don't make turnovers and penalties and still have the same record as Coach Pendleton. How many active coaches can say they are 67 and 13 with 5 of those losses in the first year. 3 State runnerups in the last 4 years.
:lol: … how many active coaches have had em ova 20 transfers in the last 4 yrs…with none in that 1st year….. :lol: :lol:

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

mustard wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:42 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:18 pm With Ironton as it always has been during the pendleton area will be turnovers and dumb penalties.
There are not many Southetn Ohio teams who don't make turnovers and penalties and still have the same record as Coach Pendleton. How many active coaches can say they are 67 and 13 with 5 of those losses in the first year. 3 State runnerups in the last 4 years.
:lol: … how many active coaches have had em ova 20 transfers in the last 4 yrs…with none in that 1st year….. :lol: :lol:
Only the smart ones. Coach Lutz always said if you have an outstanding program they will come. Get used to it there will always be transfers to a good program.

I was looking at Lutz and Pendletons records and for the first 6 years at Ironton they are about the same. Lutz has a little bit better win percentage but not by much. Pendleton on the other had has a way better playoff record in that length of time.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

mustard wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:42 pm [quote=RiverRatRay post_id=2101775 time=<a href="tel:1708645095">1708645095</a> user_id=4653]
[quote=gobucs20 post_id=2101756 time=<a href="tel:1708629521">1708629521</a> user_id=17314]
With Ironton as it always has been during the pendleton area will be turnovers and dumb penalties.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cabell Midland had like 20 new kids last year. Ashland and Raceland have more kids move in than Ironton ever dreamed of. The only reason you see a problem with it is your from SEO where your behind in the times compared to everywhere else and sports isn’t that important. Kids in SEO don’t move around like the rest of the state or other tri state does. True Story!

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

:P
RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:57 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:42 pm

Only the smart ones. Coach Lutz always said if you have an outstanding program they will come. Get used to it there will always be transfers to a good program.

I was looking at Lutz and Pendletons records and for the first 6 years at Ironton they are about the same. Lutz has a little bit better win percentage but not by much. Pendleton on the other had has a way better playoff record in that length of time.
:lol: :lol: ….so you cant find one… i knew it…lol

he got beat twice by a team with no transfers…lol

…pat ur self on the back but real talk… ur coach has done less with more…. :lol: …but continue braggin…make a man hav a good laugh 😂

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

The only team that don't have transfers are the ones with losing records. I know of one school in Scioto County that can brag that they have had 8 transfer from Ironton. In fact they have one now in basketball. The 8 transfers were in football, basketball, baseball, softball and soccer. The soccer transfer was from St Joe but that is still Ironton. Hard telling how many they have from other schools.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:39 pm The only team that don't have transfers are the ones with losing records. I know of one school in Scioto County that can brag that they have had 8 transfer from Ironton. In fact they have one now in basketball. The 8 transfers were in football, basketball, baseball, softball and soccer. The soccer transfer was from St Joe but that is still Ironton. Hard telling how many they have from other schools.
Every school has received transfers. Not one school in existence has gotten zero transfers over a period of time. Families do move in and out of school districts all the time. So saying only schools with losing records don’t get transfers. That’s not true. They get transfers as well.

As for the school that has received 8 transfers from Ironton, over how many years were those transfers?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Those transfers were over several years and in more than one sport but one of them is there now. This is a school who never gets transfers. My nephew went to school there and started on the basketball team in the 7th grade. He sat the bench his 8th grade year due to transfers. I thought Ironton had more than 20 transfers in 4 years. They aren't as successful as I thought they were. Good coaches draw transfers especially those coaches that get them a free education at the next level.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:42 pm Those transfers were over several years and in more than one sport but one of them is there now. This is a school who never gets transfers. My nephew went to school there and started on the basketball team in the 7th grade. He sat the bench his 8th grade year due to transfers. I thought Ironton had more than 20 transfers in 4 years. They aren't as successful as I thought they were. Good coaches draw transfers especially those coaches that get them a free education at the next level.
Let’s try this again. How many specific years for those 8 Ironton kids to transfer to said school? Over enough years, every school in the area has had eight kids transfer to all other schools.

Also, in your nephews case, how many transfers came in to knock him out of the starting lineup?

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

If kids going to Ironton upsets you , take some Alka seltzer because you’re going to be upset soon.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Larry Fine wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:23 am If kids going to Ironton upsets you , take some Alka seltzer because you’re going to be upset soon.
:lol: :lol:

..no one doubtin that but ya cant brag about bein tall standin on a box…. :lol:

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

XandOs wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:14 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:42 pm [quote=RiverRatRay post_id=2101775 time=<a href="tel:1708645095">1708645095</a> user_id=4653]
[quote=gobucs20 post_id=2101756 time=<a href="tel:1708629521">1708629521</a> user_id=17314]
With Ironton as it always has been during the pendleton area will be turnovers and dumb penalties.
[/quote]

Cabell Midland had like 20 new kids last year. Ashland and Raceland have more kids move in than Ironton ever dreamed of. The only reason you see a problem with it is your from SEO where your behind in the times compared to everywhere else and sports isn’t that important. Kids in SEO don’t move around like the rest of the state or other tri state does. True Story!
[/quote]

Bingo!!!! 🎯

Reading seops is like a 1980s psy op. 🤣 These old gray sour angry birds can't adapt to change which is a big reason why seo is a dump per demographics. Because.progress and change are sins in the land that time forgot. There's a funny old saying that originated on social media for this. > OK, BOOMER. As in: "papaw is just yapping but none of what he is saying amounts to anything cause "papaw" is out of touch, equally, in practice and perspective. Matter fact seops could use more younger perspectives and could stand to lose a lot of the old outdated nonsense. Lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:14 pm
RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:42 pm Those transfers were over several years and in more than one sport but one of them is there now. This is a school who never gets transfers. My nephew went to school there and started on the basketball team in the 7th grade. He sat the bench his 8th grade year due to transfers. I thought Ironton had more than 20 transfers in 4 years. They aren't as successful as I thought they were. Good coaches draw transfers especially those coaches that get them a free education at the next level.
Let’s try this again. How many specific years for those 8 Ironton kids to transfer to said school? Over enough years, every school in the area has had eight kids transfer to all other schools.

Also, in your nephews case, how many transfers came in to knock him out of the starting lineup?

So ya family member sat the bench cause he was a weak player. If he wasn't the transferred wouldn't have mattered. Sadly you are crippling the kid psychologically so moving fwd those mentally tough kids from the city will dunk on him and take his gf.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

mustard wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:01 am
Larry Fine wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:23 am If kids going to Ironton upsets you , take some Alka seltzer because you’re going to be upset soon.

I am not an Ironton fan, just a reporter.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton's schedule is tough Transfers or not but you have to give them credit they are doing what others are not doing scheduling up to be ready to win it all.
they may go 5-5 or 8-2 it don't matter they will be battle tested.
I hope the best for them and hope for a long run and a championship at the end at least they are trying transfers or not

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Larry Fine wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:33 am
mustard wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:01 am

I am not an Ironton fan, just a reporter.

I’ll take a shot at it. Is it possibly the kid(s) from Hurricane?

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fielddaddy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:49 pm Ironton's schedule is tough Transfers or not but you have to give them credit they are doing what others are not doing scheduling up to be ready to win it all.
I hope the best for them and hope for a long run and a championship at the end at least they are trying transfers or not
Over the past 5+ years, it’s been stated multiple times that Ironton’s losses at state are partially due to not being prepared to play teams of that caliber because of IHS’ weaker regular season schedule.

Well, no one can make that claim this year. IHS’ schedule will be the most difficult of any D5 school, and it’s not even close. Will be interesting to see how this plays out come playoffs.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:11 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:49 pm Ironton's schedule is tough Transfers or not but you have to give them credit they are doing what others are not doing scheduling up to be ready to win it all.
Over the past 5+ years, it’s been stated multiple times that Ironton’s losses at state are partially due to not being prepared to play teams of that caliber because of IHS’ weaker regular season schedule.

Well, no one can make that claim this year. IHS’ schedule will be the most difficult of any D5 school, and it’s not even close. Will be interesting to see how this plays out come playoffs.
Takes time to build a team a schedule getting out of the OVC helps that will it pay dividends only time will tell

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Ironton football is ambitious. The only people mad at ambition are the people and "programs" that fall behind as life progresses and changes.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

True. Most talented. But most difficult path. Ambition is a great thing to see in seo in any aspect.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:50 pm

True. Most talented. But most difficult path. Ambition is a great thing to see in seo in any aspect.
Ambition is great if it produces results. Blind ambition can be dangerous.

Return to “Football”