2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:36 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:31 am Bishop Hartley @ Ironton should be a dandy next year
Hartley plays quite a schedule to they will be tough
I seen that, that is a tough schedule.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Baldeagle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:40 am
thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:16 am
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:32 pm

I can forward you my info and you can test the theory. Let me know.
Still waiting on that info, softy. :mrgreen:
don't hold your breath. He is a chicken.
I've been waiting on your info. You messaged me with the name of a bar in Ironton. ( Murphys).

Why is a self proclaimed "coach at eastern" in Reedsville Ohio hanging out at a bar in Ironton ohio? 🤣

Is it because it's the same coach who got released at Ironton for beating on women and getting a domestic violence charge? 🤔

I'm in Northern VA. Right outside DC. If your country ahh wants to come visit I can show you how dangerous life can be for tourists here. Let me know I will send MY personal address.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Must be nice hiding in Virginia

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Baldeagle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:36 pm Must be nice hiding in Virginia
Do you own a vehicle? I ask because seo people be broke af lmao. I can book you a trip. You fly? Train? Bus? Name what one you want. I'll even have a lil welcoming party waiting for you. You habla Español very well? I ask cause my neighborhood is predominately Spanish speaking. Even the McDonald's menu is Español. Lol. It would be handy if so. Never know what's being plotted right in front of ya if you don't.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

When Irontons staff TERMINATED you because you beat up, kicked and dragged a 5ft2 130 pound woman down a flight of stairs, did you discuss it with Eastern before you allegedly joined the staff?

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:44 pm
Do you own a vehicle? I ask because seo people be broke af lmao. I can book you a trip. You fly? Train? Bus? Name what one you want. I'll even have a lil welcoming party waiting for you. You habla Español very well? I ask cause my neighborhood is predominately Spanish speaking. Even the McDonald's menu is Español. Lol. It would be handy if so. Never know what's being plotted right in front of ya if you don't.
How about an airplane? We can meet in Florida. Then at least you wont be cold when you get embarrassed.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Ironton will be a good football team with a large core returning. The O line will be strong led by Layne, Bump, and Jacobs. The RBs will be a nice 1-2 punch with Williams/Carmon and the QB will be settled probably this summer between Schreck and Edwards. The one who loses the QB battle will end up at WR3 behind Terry and Roach. The TE position will be a question as T. Moore and Thacker will be graduating. Schreck could be a fit here if he’s not the QB. The defense will be nice up front with Layne, Copas, and Jacobs. The LB crew will be a problem area with only Bump returning as a starter. If they move Williams back to LB and play Sturgill outside, the LBs may be okay. Cox could step up and help secure the middle with Bump. The secondary will be fast and aggressive with Terry and Johnson leading the way. Edwards and Markel will help back there as well. The 2024 team could easily be 8-2, maybe 9-1 against the 2023 schedule. It’s my understanding the 2024 schedule will be much more challenging. A 7-3 or 6-4 regular season record may be more realistic against a tougher schedule but will also better prepare the team for a nice playoff run.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:38 am Ironton will be a good football team with a large core returning. The O line will be strong led by Layne, Bump, and Jacobs. The RBs will be a nice 1-2 punch with Williams/Carmon and the QB will be settled probably this summer between Schreck and Edwards. The one who loses the QB battle will end up at WR3 behind Terry and Roach. The TE position will be a question as T. Moore and Thacker will be graduating. Schreck could be a fit here if he’s not the QB. The defense will be nice up front with Layne, Copas, and Jacobs. The LB crew will be a problem area with only Bump returning as a starter. If they move Williams back to LB and play Sturgill outside, the LBs may be okay. Cox could step up and help secure the middle with Bump. The secondary will be fast and aggressive with Terry and Johnson leading the way. Edwards and Markel will help back there as well. The 2024 team could easily be 8-2, maybe 9-1 against the 2023 schedule. It’s my understanding the 2024 schedule will be much more challenging. A 7-3 or 6-4 regular season record may be more realistic against a tougher schedule but will also better prepare the team for a nice playoff run.
Not sure if the sophomore QB Edwards will be ready for next year but I have faith in schreck leading the team. I could possibly see a 2 QB system but both will start on offense either starting at QB or WR. I can see the 2024 team being better than the 2023. Both sides of the ball will have alot of returning starters and will be lead by the 25+ senior class. The LB group is the only question mark but returns the leading tackler ILB Bump and OLB Sturgil that started most of the year, I would add Williams to the LB group or even Copas. The other position groups look to be set and with a lot of depth. It will be interesting to see if kids transfer in this year, I've already heard rumors of kids enrolling in that was high caliber players last year but this team is set to succeed without any transfers this year.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:15 pm
GoBigI wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:38 am Ironton will be a good football team with a large core returning. The O line will be strong led by Layne, Bump, and Jacobs. The RBs will be a nice 1-2 punch with Williams/Carmon and the QB will be settled probably this summer between Schreck and Edwards. The one who loses the QB battle will end up at WR3 behind Terry and Roach. The TE position will be a question as T. Moore and Thacker will be graduating. Schreck could be a fit here if he’s not the QB. The defense will be nice up front with Layne, Copas, and Jacobs. The LB crew will be a problem area with only Bump returning as a starter. If they move Williams back to LB and play Sturgill outside, the LBs may be okay. Cox could step up and help secure the middle with Bump. The secondary will be fast and aggressive with Terry and Johnson leading the way. Edwards and Markel will help back there as well. The 2024 team could easily be 8-2, maybe 9-1 against the 2023 schedule. It’s my understanding the 2024 schedule will be much more challenging. A 7-3 or 6-4 regular season record may be more realistic against a tougher schedule but will also better prepare the team for a nice playoff run.
Not sure if the sophomore QB Edwards will be ready for next year but I have faith in schreck leading the team. I could possibly see a 2 QB system but both will start on offense either starting at QB or WR. I can see the 2024 team being better than the 2023. Both sides of the ball will have alot of returning starters and will be lead by the 25+ senior class. The LB group is the only question mark but returns the leading tackler ILB Bump and OLB Sturgil that started most of the year, I would add Williams to the LB group or even Copas. The other position groups look to be set and with a lot of depth. It will be interesting to see if kids transfer in this year, I've already heard rumors of kids enrolling in that was high caliber players last year but this team is set to succeed without any transfers this year.
The O line wasn't strong last year. Since the o line is returning what makes them strong?

Shrek is NOT a quarterback in any sense of the word.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

The Oline wasn't horrible last year, Ironton returns 4 starters and add the Lewis kid from green that's 6’5 290 it should definitely be a improvement from last year.

Schreck isn't a bad QB, he did play bad against HP but he also made some great throws in that game. I just think he needs more reps to get familiar with the offense. He has speed and size and as of right now throws a better ball than the Sophmore Edwards

If Edwards has a big offseason by getting his mechanics down he could take the starting job. After watching Edwards in the JV games last year he is a run first QB but he was also playing with inexperience WRs

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:41 am The Oline wasn't horrible last year, Ironton returns 4 starters and add the Lewis kid from green that's 6’5 290 it should definitely be a improvement from last year.

Schreck isn't a bad QB, he did play bad against HP but he also made some great throws in that game. I just think he needs more reps to get familiar with the offense. He has speed and size and as of right now throws a better ball than the Sophmore Edwards

If Edwards has a big offseason by getting his mechanics down he could take the starting job. After watching Edwards in the JV games last year he is a run first QB but he was also playing with inexperience WRs
O line was horrendous. Slow and undisciplined.
And shreck is an athlete but he's not a qb.
And since that's the case Edwards is a way better athlete.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Not way better. :roll:

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:02 am Not way better. :roll:
Significantly. Better arm also

Girevik
Waterboy

Post by Girevik »

Lack of parallel and bilateral congruent strength is the missing ingredient and explains why the Tiggers keep choking in the playoffs. They need kettlebell trainer. Lucky for you I am available.

Buy kettlebells to stop the choking

Come to Ukraine! We Train!
LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

The starter at QB will - in some ways - not matter if they can't pass protect any better. There's rarely a dropback pass that looks smooth from start to finish. There's almost always heat on the passer & an ensuing scramble & the QB winging it. Look at the pick 6 against HP.

Girevik
Waterboy

Post by Girevik »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:19 am The starter at QB will - in some ways - not matter if they can't pass protect any better. There's rarely a dropback pass that looks smooth from start to finish. There's almost always heat on the passer & an ensuing scramble & the QB winging it. Look at the pick 6 against HP.
Kettlebells solve these issue. Get them OLs swinging those bells to develop loose hips. This one reason why tiggers choke on big stage.

Come to Ukraine! We Train!
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:19 am The starter at QB will - in some ways - not matter if they can't pass protect any better. There's rarely a dropback pass that looks smooth from start to finish. There's almost always heat on the passer & an ensuing scramble & the QB winging it. Look at the pick 6 against HP.
One of the problems with Ironton line is they never run the ball!! When we do run the ball the QB is 6 yards deep and the back is 8 yards deep. How long do you expect the line to hold their blocks!! If we don't start balancing out the run and pass we will continue to struggle in big games.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:01 am
One of the problems with Ironton line is they never run the ball!! When we do run the ball the QB is 6 yards deep and the back is 8 yards deep. How long do you expect the line to hold their blocks!! If we don't start balancing out the run and pass we will continue to struggle in big games.
“QB in shotgun handing the ball off to a running back 8 yards from the line.” Running backs getting tackled on run plays for a five yard loss. Ugh!!!

Just one more thing I hate about the spread!

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:54 pm
“QB in shotgun handing the ball off to a running back 8 yards from the line.” Running backs getting tackled on run plays for a five yard loss. Ugh!!!

Absolutely…mind numbing needing a yard on 3rd or 4th down and QB runs it from the shotgun 🙄

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:03 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:54 pm

Absolutely…mind numbing needing a yard on 3rd or 4th down and QB runs it from the shotgun 🙄
I saw so much of that during Bowl season. It’s truly painful to watch!!

Return to “Football”