Does Ironton need to consider a new offensive coordinator?

Tri_State790
Varsity

Does Ironton need to consider a new offensive coordinator?

Post by Tri_State790 »

How do we feel about the offensive playcalling?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Does Ironton need to consider a new offensive coordinator?

Post by greygoose »

Everyone feels it’s basketball season for Ironton, so who cares.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

uhh, yulp.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

needed to play thacker at qb

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

eagle one wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:16 am needed to play thacker at qb
I was told he requested the move to TE

OldCoach
Waterboy

Post by OldCoach »

Sounds like the honeymoon is over in Ironton. A lot of the parents aren't real happy right now. I heard that some are upset that kids with no real ties to the community are coming in and taking playing time away from the kids who've dedicated their whole lives to Ironton football.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

OldCoach wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:33 am Sounds like the honeymoon is over in Ironton. A lot of the parents aren't real happy right now. I heard that some are upset that kids with no real ties to the community are coming in and taking playing time away from the kids who've dedicated their whole lives to Ironton football.

That’s not the case. I think you got a small group of parents that complain cause it’s only about their kid. Coach Lutz years Ironton got more transfers than they get now. Go back and look at the teams and look how many kids moved into Ironton to play football from other schools. I don’t know why people think it just started. It’s been going on for 50 years.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

OldCoach wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:33 am Sounds like the honeymoon is over in Ironton. A lot of the parents aren't real happy right now. I heard that some are upset that kids with no real ties to the community are coming in and taking playing time away from the kids who've dedicated their whole lives to Ironton football.
bull hockey you must be from rock hill

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

XandOs wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:44 am

That’s not the case. I think you got a small group of parents that complain cause it’s only about their kid. Coach Lutz years Ironton got more transfers than they get now. Go back and look at the teams and look how many kids moved into Ironton to play football from other schools. I don’t know why people think it just started. It’s been going on for 50 years.
The difference being that Lutz won.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Is this a OC for basketball?? Didn't realize they had that because that's the only thing Ironton is worrying about right now. Guess all those Sunday morning pushups and 6 am runs weren't enough get tougher up front boys it's the same thing every year.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

XandOs wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:44 am

The amusing thing about seo residents is they are always upset about something that requires them downgrading their neighbors. That'll never change. Crabs in a barrel.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:49 am Is this a OC for basketball?? Didn't realize they had that because that's the only thing Ironton is worrying about right now. Guess all those Sunday morning pushups and 6 am runs weren't enough get tougher up front boys it's the same thing every year.
Does Ironton have a basketball team?

I never see any promo for them?

Why?

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:22 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:49 am Is this a OC for basketball?? Didn't realize they had that because that's the only thing Ironton is worrying about right now. Guess all those Sunday morning pushups and 6 am runs weren't enough get tougher up front boys it's the same thing every year.

Why?
Try the Basketball Forum. There is a post Ironton 2023/2024 that lists players and positions. Only 2 or 3 replies 🤷‍♂️ Not sure if lack of Interest or the fact that maybe Ironton fans aren’t exactly in basketball mode yet. But in my opinion looks like they have a solid, athletic basketball team. A lot of familiar names.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Coach P went from walking on water to being lambasted on this forum in a very short time. Sad.
Return to your roots coach, they will appreciate you on the West Side.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Yes the playing calling can get better but that applies to over 80 percent of the teams in this area. To run this coaching staff down like this is crazy. Good luck Tigers and thanks for a great year!

By the way it is ok to run this coaching staff down and the moderators do nothing. But mention a team that wears red and black you get kicked off the site and they get as made as hornets!

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

TomUnessa wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:20 pm

Why?
Try the Basketball Forum. There is a post Ironton 2023/2024 that lists players and positions. Only 2 or 3 replies 🤷‍♂️ Not sure if lack of Interest or the fact that maybe Ironton fans aren’t exactly in basketball mode yet. But in my opinion looks like they have a solid, athletic basketball team. A lot of familiar names.

How come Irontons social media team doesn't promote the student athletes who play basketball like they promote football?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:04 am

Why?

How come Irontons social media team doesn't promote the student athletes who play basketball like they promote football?
Im sure the team consists of people inside the football program. Basketball has people that could do same thing if they put forth the effort.
Last edited by XandOs on Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Dont get any ideas about trying to loure Sammy T away from Eastern. Word is he will be back on sidelines possibly next year.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:17 am

Im sure the team consists of people inside the football program. Basketball has people that could do same thing if they put forth the effort.
So Ironton doesn't make sure their student athletes are promoted equitably?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:59 am
XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:17 am

So Ironton doesn't make sure their student athletes are promoted equitably?
Good question. I’m sure the school will continue to do the commercial stuff during all the sports seasons. I think each program has a responsibility to market themselves. It comes down to which program decides to do it or not.

Return to “Football”