Total votes: 40

meatswinger
JV Team

Re: TSL 2024

Post by meatswinger »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:02 pm
meatswinger wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:13 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:12 pm

How many state title appearances did Warren make playing that better competition? Honestly, at this point, does Warren even want the TVC? The TSL seems to be okay so far.
and how many has VC won playing in the kiddie pool? Avoidance when facing defeat is typical. Cant beat Warren so we will do everything we can to keep them out

I love the fascination of VC in the eyes of Warren people. It’s flattering to be wanted. VC lost a regional championship game playing in the lowly TVC. I guess had Warren been on the schedule that year, we would’ve won the title easily.
So they’ve never won a regional title? WOW with all the “envy” and “wanted” talk you’d think they’d at least won one. I bet everyone envies a team that’s never won a regional. :mrgreen:

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:56 pm If Tvc and TSL had a challange the TSL would go 4-0

Warren vs VC

Marietta vs Athens

Fort vs Nelsonville

Point vs Eastern
I’d hope a school the size of point would beat Eastern! Not sure Warren would’ve beaten VC last year. Marietta barely beat Athens. I’ll give you Fort over NY easily.
When is the last time Athens beat Marietta? Yes the games are normally competitive, but Marietta always wins. Athens has to be one of the most underachieving program in SE Ohio. They have good facilities, are a larger school surrounded by smaller schools, have one of the largest employers in the region (OU) in their backyard, have an NFL superstar as a recent alum...and they are average at best-and often less than average-every single year.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:23 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:56 pm If Tvc and TSL had a challange the TSL would go 4-0

Warren vs VC

Marietta vs Athens

Fort vs Nelsonville

Point vs Eastern
I’d hope a school the size of point would beat Eastern! Not sure Warren would’ve beaten VC last year. Marietta barely beat Athens. I’ll give you Fort over NY easily.
When is the last time Athens beat Marietta? Yes the games are normally competitive, but Marietta always wins. Athens has to be one of the most underachieving program in SE Ohio. They have good facilities, are a larger school surrounded by smaller schools, have one of the largest employers in the region (OU) in their backyard, have an NFL superstar as a recent alum...and they are average at best-and often less than average-every single year.
In all fairness to Athens, they didn’t play each other in the regular season during the Burrow years and the 4-5 years they were still good afterwards. Not sure what the SEOAL years were like, just trying to provide some context. Your other points are very much on target, and I agree with them.

Return to “Football”