35%
Warren
20%

Total votes: 40

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: TSL 2024

Post by Dundas »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:13 pm Series scheduling lets you dump people when you think you cant beat them. This is seen in athletic departments like Athens, Belpre and your beloved VC. Let Warren in and the schedule takes care of itself. But VC will complain about the two lane road through Corner on the way to the HS and will mourn the fact that year in year out they cant beat Warren in much of anything.
So scheduling as series with Warren isn’t enough. We must be locked in to a conference matchup? You do realize you can leave a conference just as easy as stopping a series.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort picks up Harrison Central

Fort Frye Schedule

Week 1- Barnesville
Week 2- Belpre
Week 3- @ Wheeling Central
Week 4- Waterford
Week 5- Harrison Central
Week 6- @Caldwell
Week 7- @Greenbrier West
Week 8- Marietta
Week 9- @ Warren
Week 10 - @ Point Pleasant

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:23 pm
meatswinger wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:13 pm Series scheduling lets you dump people when you think you cant beat them. This is seen in athletic departments like Athens, Belpre and your beloved VC. Let Warren in and the schedule takes care of itself. But VC will complain about the two lane road through Corner on the way to the HS and will mourn the fact that year in year out they cant beat Warren in much of anything.
So scheduling as series with Warren isn’t enough. We must be locked in to a conference matchup? You do realize you can leave a conference just as easy as stopping a series.
And this is why the games dont get played. Warren chose to leave to play better competition. VC and others got butt hurt and now they dont want to play unless they know they can win. You know its true. You spent all that time with Combs and his antiWarren propaganda. Time to nut up VC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

meatswinger wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:03 pm
And this is why the games dont get played. Warren chose to leave to play better competition. VC and others got butt hurt and now they dont want to play unless they know they can win. You know its true. You spent all that time with Combs and his antiWarren propaganda. Time to nut up VC.
How many state title appearances did Warren make playing that better competition? Honestly, at this point, does Warren even want the TVC? The TSL seems to be okay so far.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:12 pm

How many state title appearances did Warren make playing that better competition? Honestly, at this point, does Warren even want the TVC? The TSL seems to be okay so far.
and how many has VC won playing in the kiddie pool? Avoidance when facing defeat is typical. Cant beat Warren so we will do everything we can to keep them out

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

meatswinger wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:13 pm

and how many has VC won playing in the kiddie pool? Avoidance when facing defeat is typical. Cant beat Warren so we will do everything we can to keep them out

I love the fascination of VC in the eyes of Warren people. It’s flattering to be wanted. VC lost a regional championship game playing in the lowly TVC. I guess had Warren been on the schedule that year, we would’ve won the title easily.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I don’t know if that guy is a Warren supporter or not. Would I like to play VC every year? Absolutely, same size, same region - it would be great. If it doesn’t work, both sides will live. What I can say, however, is that I would personally rather be in the TSL at this moment in time. Travel is good, competition is good, no complaints really besides there only being 4 teams. The TVC as a whole is in a downswing competitively right now, so the better fit is the TSL. VC has certainly been better and Nelsonville is consistent. Athens looks to be getting back to being where they should be, but some of those schools are struggling. Pick a TSL school last year and they either win the TVC or are right there to do it. Hopefully the TVC starts on an upswing here soon. Edit: I came at this from a football perspective - the TVC for basketball is a different story right now.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If Tvc and TSL had a challange the TSL would go 4-0

Warren vs VC

Marietta vs Athens

Fort vs Nelsonville

Point vs Eastern

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:56 pm If Tvc and TSL had a challange the TSL would go 4-0

Warren vs VC

Marietta vs Athens

Fort vs Nelsonville

Point vs Eastern
I’d hope a school the size of point would beat Eastern! Not sure Warren would’ve beaten VC last year. Marietta barely beat Athens. I’ll give you Fort over NY easily.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:56 pm If Tvc and TSL had a challange the TSL would go 4-0

Warren vs VC

Marietta vs Athens

Fort vs Nelsonville

Point vs Eastern
I’d hope a school the size of point would beat Eastern! Not sure Warren would’ve beaten VC last year. Marietta barely beat Athens. I’ll give you Fort over NY easily.
Would most likely have been a game just like the last two. Competitive from start to finish.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

beg003 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:32 pm

Warren vs VC

Marietta vs Athens

Fort vs Nelsonville

Point vs Eastern
Would most likely have been a game just like the last two. Competitive from start to finish.
You’re right. My point is, the tsl could go 4-0 in those matchups just as easily as 2-2. Athens played marietta close last year and the tsl beat each other up. So I’d have to say that those games would be pretty close. Again, the fort over NY and Point over eastern would be blowouts. The tsl top to bottom is much more deep than the TVC. Even with less teams. No one is denying that.

Eastern playing Point is just a silly hypothetical though. Point would win 50 years out of 50.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:36 pm

You’re right. My point is, the tsl could go 4-0 in those matchups just as easily as 2-2. Athens played marietta close last year and the tsl beat each other up. So I’d have to say that those games would be pretty close. Again, the fort over NY and Point over eastern would be blowouts. The tsl top to bottom is much more deep than the TVC. Even with less teams. No one is denying that.

Eastern playing Point is just a silly hypothetical though. Point would win 50 years out of 50.
I don’t disagree at all with that take. Meigs would be the better comp size wise, not that it matters much. I really do hope the TVC can get back to being a solid conference top to bottom again.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

beg003 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:53 pm

I don’t disagree at all with that take. Meigs would be the better comp size wise, not that it matters much. I really do hope the TVC can get back to being a solid conference top to bottom again.
At the current status, the TVC is down across the board. There’s no doubt that the Washington county schools are consistently better collectively. There would be some good battles though most years. The only issue for VC is it’s a long drive. Although, we did travel to Circleville last year (1 hour) and will be going to Northwest this coming season. I know coach Carper has reached out to Warren for another series. Hopefully that works out. As for basketball, VC typically goes west for non conference games. Minus Marietta the last couple of years, every non conference game for VC has been to the left on the map. F the TVC does not accept Oak Hill, with the changes at VC (ad, principal, coaches across the board, and soon to be new superintendent) added to the new facilities at Warren, I could absolutely see VC voting yes for Warren in the TVC. I don’t think they will ever go for Marietta though. VC stretches almost to Chillicothe so it’s not just a trip from McArthur. Who knows.

I hope the TSL can snag Logan in a couple years and add another school to get to 6. That’s a survivable number if a team decides to exit. Right now, if point said see ya, it would be hard to run a conference with only 3 teams and even harder to get an outsider to commit to such a small, new league.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:07 pm

At the current status, the TVC is down across the board. There’s no doubt that the Washington county schools are consistently better collectively. There would be some good battles though most years. The only issue for VC is it’s a long drive. Although, we did travel to Circleville last year (1 hour) and will be going to Northwest this coming season. I know coach Carper has reached out to Warren for another series. Hopefully that works out. As for basketball, VC typically goes west for non conference games. Minus Marietta the last couple of years, every non conference game for VC has been to the left on the map. F the TVC does not accept Oak Hill, with the changes at VC (ad, principal, coaches across the board, and soon to be new superintendent) added to the new facilities at Warren, I could absolutely see VC voting yes for Warren in the TVC. I don’t think they will ever go for Marietta though. VC stretches almost to Chillicothe so it’s not just a trip from McArthur. Who knows.

I hope the TSL can snag Logan in a couple years and add another school to get to 6. That’s a survivable number if a team decides to exit. Right now, if point said see ya, it would be hard to run a conference with only 3 teams and even harder to get an outsider to commit to such a small, new league.
It wouldn’t surprise me that if Point were to leave if we wouldn’t try to get back into the TVC. But, they’re kind of like a WV version of Logan. They’re a decent sized school in a geographic area with not enough schools around their size. They’ll likely stay out of necessity. I could realistically see Logan getting a taste of the OCC and saying hello and goodbye in rather quick succession. As far as facilities and programs across the board, I’d like to think we’re a little more attractive than Oak Hill. As for Marietta, there’s no history with the TVC teams either. Warren at least has legitimate history with the core TVC teams. But for right now, I think Warren is pretty content with where they are. Like we’ve both said, I would love to get VC for a non conference game in football every year. At the very least, one fairly long drive a year on Friday nights isn’t the end of the world. Both teams would benefit from it, in my opinion.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:15 pm Fort picks up Harrison Central

Fort Frye Schedule

Week 1- Barnesville
Week 2- Belpre
Week 4- Waterford
Week 5- Harrison Central
Week 6- @Caldwell
Week 7- @Greenbrier West
Week 8- Marietta
Week 9- @ Warren
That's a pretty nice schedule for Fort Frye. Harrison Central is a good addition.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

beg003 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:34 pm

It wouldn’t surprise me that if Point were to leave if we wouldn’t try to get back into the TVC. But, they’re kind of like a WV version of Logan. They’re a decent sized school in a geographic area with not enough schools around their size. They’ll likely stay out of necessity. I could realistically see Logan getting a taste of the OCC and saying hello and goodbye in rather quick succession. As far as facilities and programs across the board, I’d like to think we’re a little more attractive than Oak Hill. As for Marietta, there’s no history with the TVC teams either. Warren at least has legitimate history with the core TVC teams. But for right now, I think Warren is pretty content with where they are. Like we’ve both said, I would love to get VC for a non conference game in football every year. At the very least, one fairly long drive a year on Friday nights isn’t the end of the world. Both teams would benefit from it, in my opinion.
Agree with that.

It’s crazy to think that the TVC started in the late 60’s with Vinton County, Fed Hock, Belpre and Warren. That was a 4 team conference of teams that really didn’t have a home (minus belpre). Long trips for VC across the board then but there was no other option as the seoal had control of pretty much every bigger school in seo. Warren and VC both tried to get into the seoal at the time and were told no thanks. Thus the TVC was born.had the seoal accepted the two, the tvc would never have happened.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:57 pm

Agree with that.

It’s crazy to think that the TVC started in the late 60’s with Vinton County, Fed Hock, Belpre and Warren. That was a 4 team conference of teams that really didn’t have a home (minus belpre). Long trips for VC across the board then but there was no other option as the seoal had control of pretty much every bigger school in seo. Warren and VC both tried to get into the seoal at the time and were told no thanks. Thus the TVC was born.had the seoal accepted the two, the tvc would never have happened.
Well, I learned something today. Very cool. VC was a big time outlier.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

beg003 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:03 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:57 pm
Agree with that.

Well, I learned something today. Very cool. VC was a big time outlier.
This was also before state route 32 was a 4 lane highway. So add more time in travel back then. A lot more.

Because Warren and VC were shunned by the seoal in 68, and the fact that Warren left in the mid 80’s to join the very league that said we weren’t good enough, rubbed some people the wrong way. I wasn’t around back then but that’s been brought up over the years as the reason the TVC doesn’t want Warren back. It’s like a soap opera to me. Back in the 80’s, Belpre and NY were making the playoffs and warren wasn’t. I suppose they thought the move would help them in that regard. Keep in mind, only two teams made the postseason per region back then. Once the playoffs expanded, Warren wouldn’t have had any issue making it. I feel like had warren stayed for another 7-8 years, it would’ve been just fine in the TVC. Much better than in the seoal. I understand the move at the time but man, had they waited, warren, VC, NY, and belpre would’ve had some big time battles in the 90’s and beyond.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

pioneer19 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:35 pm

Fort Frye Schedule

Week 1- Barnesville
Week 2- Belpre
Week 4- Waterford
Week 5- Harrison Central
Week 6- @Caldwell
Week 7- @Greenbrier West
Week 8- Marietta
Week 9- @ Warren
That's a pretty nice schedule for Fort Frye. Harrison Central is a good addition.
I was thinking the same. Always great to get a home game as well.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

pioneer19 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:35 pm

Fort Frye Schedule

Week 1- Barnesville
Week 2- Belpre
Week 4- Waterford
Week 5- Harrison Central
Week 6- @Caldwell
Week 7- @Greenbrier West
Week 8- Marietta
Week 9- @ Warren
Scrimmaged last year and Harrison actually won 2-1.

Return to “Football”