How Ironton & Burg can both win a state title in D5

Bird Dog
All Conference

Re: How Ironton & Burg can both win a state title in D5

Post by Bird Dog »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:51 pm
Bird Dog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:46 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:33 pm

Miami Central, a public school btw, would beat ohios best private schools by 40 on a regular. It isn't close. Size speed strength are all light years different and also the south Florida kids especially the Miami kids are just tougher and come from tough backgrounds and they play with more of an edge. Hungrier. Nastier. More aggressive and ultimately they are also more independent and more confident.

Is this the Miami Central you're talking about?

neutral field
[2023] St. Edward (Lakewood, OH) 28 (65%), [2023] Central (Miami, FL) 21 (35%)
Fiction isn't reality. would get embarrassed.

I know and almost every prediction and ass whooping you've posted on here is the exact opposite. I wouldn't recommend going to Vegas. ;) ;) ;)

SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

FIDO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:12 am Any team in SEO, from any division, winning a state title will be an anomaly. There will never be a Kirtland, Coldwater or any other multiple championship team in SEO.

Ironton, with all the hype and braggadocious attitude from their arrogant fan base, will never be a power, outside the region. They honestly believe when they roll up in a greyhound teams fear them. Some believe, "the game is over before we get off the bus."

No one has yet answered what sort of offers were being given to these supposed power 5 D1 players. The fan base is hyping false promises.

You may get an invite to the dance but ya going to be a wallflower

All of this is true. The area remains backward. As a consequence, the inferiority complex is huge. I also chuckle at the “5 D-I” players comment. It’s rare there are 5 in all of SEO in any one year much less on the same team. lol

Typical hype from the river.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Bird Dog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:56 pm
Bird Dog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:46 pm

Is this the Miami Central you're talking about?

neutral field
[2023] St. Edward (Lakewood, OH) 28 (65%), [2023] Central (Miami, FL) 21 (35%)

I know and almost every prediction and ass whooping you've posted on here is the exact opposite. I wouldn't recommend going to Vegas. ;) ;) ;)
St Ed's don't and won't play the so Florida or Texas or Cali teams. Lmao

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

SugarDaddy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:59 pm
FIDO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:12 am Any team in SEO, from any division, winning a state title will be an anomaly. There will never be a Kirtland, Coldwater or any other multiple championship team in SEO.

Ironton, with all the hype and braggadocious attitude from their arrogant fan base, will never be a power, outside the region. They honestly believe when they roll up in a greyhound teams fear them. Some believe, "the game is over before we get off the bus."

No one has yet answered what sort of offers were being given to these supposed power 5 D1 players. The fan base is hyping false promises.

All of this is true. The area remains backward. As a consequence, the inferiority complex is huge. I also chuckle at the “5 D-I” players comment. It’s rare there are 5 in all of SEO in any one year much less on the same team. lol

They literally live in a bubble.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:01 pm

IMG had 31 p5 D1 commits on the field this season. These IMG kids get multi million dollar NIL deals and are almost always plug in and play kids, go play college ball for 2 years and then they get drafted.

These seo folks are just victims of not being able to relate beyond 5 feet in front of their face. They are as the kids say now "delulu" or delusional.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:04 pm

IMG had 31 p5 D1 commits on the field this season. These IMG kids get multi million dollar NIL deals and are almost always plug in and play kids, go play college ball for 2 years and then they get drafted.

These seo folks are just victims of not being able to relate beyond 5 feet in front of their face. They are as the kids say now "delulu" or delusional.
Many in seo remember how great jermon Jackson was at Ironton.

Pepe Pearson jumped him in the depth chart despite being an underclassman, same way Hicks did Carrico at LB.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:00 pm

St Ed’s don’t play teams in those states because of the expense. However, about 15 years ago, Ohio teams played the best schools in the nation and held their own. Below are the results for the 2006 Herbstreit Ohio vs USA challenge. Ohio finished 4-5 with a tough loss against #3 Lakeland Florida, and a close loss to Byrnes, SC as well.

Too bad this isn’t played anymore. Really expensive and tough on fans to travel.

https://buckeyeplanet.com/forum/threads ... 023/page-5

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:04 pm

Yes, and some of the IMG kids are from Ohio.

Btw, IMG played Glenville this year and won 28-6. Obviously a comfortable win against a well coached, talented D4 school in Ohio. However, Glenville is not Massillon Washington or St Ed’s.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:44 pm

St Ed’s don’t play teams in those states because of the expense. However, about 15 years ago, Ohio teams played the best schools in the nation and held their own. Below are the results for the 2006 Herbstreit Ohio vs USA challenge. Ohio finished 4-5 with a tough loss against #3 Lakeland Florida, and a close loss to Byrnes, SC as well.

Too bad this isn’t played anymore. Really expensive and tough on fans to travel.

Lets make a list. In the last 5 years how many NFL draft picks has seo produced? And how many has south Florida produced?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Saying some live in a bubble is being generous.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:33 pm

Lets make a list. In the last 5 years how many NFL draft picks has seo produced? And how many has south Florida produced?
What does that have to do with “St Ed’s don’t and won’t play the so Florida or Texas or Cali teams?”

Ohio schools, for a number of years, played some of the best teams in the country as part of the Herbstreit challenge, so not sure where you got your claim about St Ed’s.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Herbstreit challenge was the absolute best.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:28 pm

What does that have to do with “St Ed’s don’t and won’t play the so Florida or Texas or Cali teams?”

Ohio schools, for a number of years, played some of the best teams in the country as part of the Herbstreit challenge, so not sure where you got your claim about St Ed’s.
The ohio teams walked away with a losing record in the event. They always get housed. Too slow.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

FIDO wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:56 pm

Saying some live in a bubble is being generous.

Very generous. And they also suck at basketball lol

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:37 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:28 pm

The ohio teams walked away with a losing record in the event. They always get housed. Too slow.
Yes, because it was one state (Ohio) taking on the best programs in all other states (entire USA). 🤦‍♂️

Return to “Football”