Varsity

Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Post by Tri_State79 »

Good luck to both at their next landing spot

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Post by Baldeagle »

Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:07 pm Good luck to both at their next landing spot
I hear Carrico is headed to Hocking College

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Baldeagle wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:07 pm Good luck to both at their next landing spot
I hear Carrico is headed to Hocking College
Oh yea? Man I bet Eastern had a lot of d1 commits w this senior group this season. Can you list em so we can acknowledge them?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

when opportunity knocks, you open the door. Both kids had to take these chances to play big time D1 football.

part of me feels bad for them tho, the hype at their HS program was entirely bigger than the substance. If you've watched any HS outside of our region, you'd know neither was going to have significant success at that level. But like I said, you gotta take that oppurtunity and chance, not many even get the offer.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:30 pm when opportunity knocks, you open the door. Both kids had to take these chances to play big time D1 football.

part of me feels bad for them tho, the hype at their HS program was entirely bigger than the substance. If you've watched any HS outside of our region, you'd know neither was going to have significant success at that level. But like I said, you gotta take that oppurtunity and chance, not many even get the offer.
I agree

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would think Carrico would come and play for Marshall. I think he would be a good fit for them. Maybe Perkins as well.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

If Marshall thought Carrico could play at that level they would be interested.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Carrico can definitely play P5 football I think. There’s a reason he was rated so highly coming out. As for Perkins Marshall could be best case scenario or even OU

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Was carrico able to finish his degree?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

graduation does not matter for your first portal move. 2nd, it does matter.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Im not very familiar with perkins but as for carrico I think he could have played at osu in the right system. He was in a system with a d coordinator who only played 2 lbs at a time and refused to substitute especially last year even up to the point of getting both starters hurt and both missed spring ball this year. But in the right situation i think the skill is there. Good luck to both young men.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:44 pm graduation does not matter for your first portal move. 2nd, it does matter.
I was only hoping he finished a degree before moving on. I believe he has been there long enough. Anyway, I wish all these kids the best

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Good luck to both of you I hope you both find a spot that will make you happy. Most of all get that degree!

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:04 pm Carrico can definitely play P5 football I think. There’s a reason he was rated so highly coming out. As for Perkins Marshall could be best case scenario or even OU
I see both going to a MAC / C-USA / Sunbelt level school. I think Fickell leaving messed with Perkins' plan. And I just don't see Carrico landing at a P5 school as a transfer Senior with virtually never stepping on a college field for any significant amount of time, could see him at one of the directional schools in Michigan or Toledo/Akron type.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

FIDO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:53 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:44 pm graduation does not matter for your first portal move. 2nd, it does matter.
I was only hoping he finished a degree before moving on. I believe he has been there long enough. Anyway, I wish all these kids the best
Reid started at tOSU in the spring semester of 2021. At the end of the current fall semester, that would be 3 years at tOSU. So I'm assuming he is a full year shy of his degree.

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to them both. Hopefully, they go to Marshall or Ohio University.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:28 am
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:04 pm Carrico can definitely play P5 football I think. There’s a reason he was rated so highly coming out. As for Perkins Marshall could be best case scenario or even OU
I see both going to a MAC / C-USA / Sunbelt level school. I think Fickell leaving messed with Perkins' plan. And I just don't see Carrico landing at a P5 school as a transfer Senior with virtually never stepping on a college field for any significant amount of time, could see him at one of the directional schools in Michigan or Toledo/Akron type.
Reid has 2 years of eligibility left

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:23 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:28 am
Reid has 2 years of eligibility left
The portal can be a dangerous game to play. Hope it works out.

Best of luck to both of them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Carrico it doesn't really surprise me, my guess is he's got his degree from OSU and he's going to end up at a place where he can play out his final year and I won't be surprised if it's closer to home but we'll see. Perkins jumping in was quite a surprise assuming the coaching change right before enrollment might've ended up playing a role maybe after his 1st season he just didn't see a path moving forward there. Good luck to both young men moving forward

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I don't really agree with this one as he was at P5 and he didn't play, look for him to lower the bar within the D1 schools and try to find a place. Even in garbage time he wasn't finding his way on the field at LB it just goes to show the level of talent that is across the board when you're talking P5 schools.

Return to “Football”