Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:35 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:36 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:30 pm

Carrico was also a 4 star and that's the point.

A 4 star from southeast Ohio d5 football IS NOT the same as a 4 star from Dallas Texas.
Burrow was a 4 star who was buried on the depth chart behind the following. JT Barrett holds multiple school records and B1G records, Dwayne Haskins who set multiple single season passing records as well as being a 1st round pick. He could transfer and be just like Burrow. And that’s the point you never know what you have if you never use it. Kyle McCord was a 4 star qb and he’s hit the portal. He’s from Philly are you going to say he’s different than any other 4 star qb from a highly populated area??
Joe Burrow is a 1 in 1 million for seo. South Florida has produced NFL hall of famers.

Seo kids are naia kids mostly.

Small. Slow. Not very good skill levels. And no experience against D1 p5 level talent.
Yeah let’s just pretend Trevon Pendleton didn’t start for MSU, play in the rose bowl, sign with the Ravens, or Gerald Cadogan wasn’t a multi year starter at Penn State, and didn’t have stints in the CFL or NFL, maybe we can forget about Antonio Malone having a cup of coffee with the Packers too. Why bring up Cain Madden or Austin Pleasants, those big slow lineman never played at ND or signed with multiple NFL teams. Seo sucks those guys all sucked, how could anyone ever doubt what you’d say.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:40 pm Jermon Jackson = flamed out and folded in Columbus
Walt delong = flamed out and folded in Columbus
Troy Sands = flamed out and folded in Columbus
Tyler Holden = flamed out and folded in Columbus
Harmon = starter at MSU
Pendleton = starter at MSU
Madden = starter at ND
Cadogan = starter at PSU
Newman = starter at OSU
Estep = starter at OSU

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:33 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:24 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:29 pm

South Florida produces more elite athletes in 5 years than seo has produced in 50 years. Lmao 🤣 🤣
South Florida is 9 million people! Lawrence and Scioto counties about 130k combined!!
That's Lawrence and Scioto problem. Doesn't change the facts. Seo kids can't play.
9 million versus 130k doesn’t matter? LOL!!

caliron
Waterboy

Post by caliron »

interesting thread. below are some names and a cool https://www.irontontribune.com/2020/06/ ... l-players/ article about Lawrence county NFL players. George McAfee, Dick Boykin, Jerry Fields, Danny Pride, Coy Bacon, Ken Fritz, Bill Poe. Others in SE include Lou Groza, Mike Bartrum, plus MLB World Series MVP Gene Tenace who beat the Reds in 72 series, Larry Hisle, Al Oliver, Gerald Cadogan, Del Rice etc...

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

caliron wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:57 pm interesting thread. below are some names and a cool https://www.irontontribune.com/2020/06/ ... l-players/ article about Lawrence county NFL players. George McAfee, Dick Boykin, Jerry Fields, Danny Pride, Coy Bacon, Ken Fritz, Bill Poe. Others in SE include Lou Groza, Mike Bartrum, plus MLB World Series MVP Gene Tenace who beat the Reds in 72 series, Larry Hisle, Al Oliver, Gerald Cadogan, Del Rice etc...
Chuck Ealey played QB for Portsmouth ND when Ed Miller was coach. Chuck got recruited to play other positions at the college level but not QB; this was the late 60’s when black quarterbacks were heavily discriminated against. Ealey went to Toledo, only school that offered him to play QB. After sitting out his freshman year, required at that time, he started three full seasons at Toledo going undefeated and winning three bowl games. To this day, I believe he’s the only QB to start three full seasons and never lose a game. He had a successful career in Canada.

Don Gullet was from the South Shore, KY area. Another stud athlete who pitched for the Reds and then the Yankees until an injury ended his career.

Don Gullet, Al Oliver, Larry Hisle, and Gene Tennace, all from the Portsmouth area, were in MLB at the same time! Johnnie LeMaster, who also played in MLB with these guys, was born in Portsmouth, Ohio but grew up in Kentucky.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Gullet was a freak athlete in every sport he played.Sub 10 in the 100,Averaged 25 a game in B ball and once scored 72 pts. In a football game.Oh by the way,pitched for the Reds at 19.greatest all around athlete I had the pleasure to see.(same age) :)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Isn’t the pleasant kid from coal grove playing in the nfl right now?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:39 pm Isn’t the pleasant kid from coal grove playing in the nfl right now?
The funniest part of this convo is seo has to skip around and grab names here and there.

High school football in Texas and Florida do it EVER YEAR. PRODUCE NFL TALENT.

ITS not the same animal at all. Go travel please lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:39 pm Isn’t the pleasant kid from coal grove playing in the nfl right now?
🤣🤣🤣🤣

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:02 pm
The funniest part of this convo is seo has to skip around and grab names here and there.

Instead of comparing SEO to southern Florida, you are now comparing SEO to both Florida and Texas? Ever think population plays an important role into # of athletes produced? 130k to 50MM is a substantial difference. No duh it’s not the same animal 🤦‍♂️

As for your “go travel” comment, that’s just an ignorant statement on your part since you have no idea who on this site has been/lived where.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Instead of comparing SEO to southern Florida, you are now comparing SEO to both Florida and Texas? Ever think population plays an important role into # of athletes produced? 130k to 50MM is a substantial difference. No duh it’s not the same animal 🤦‍♂️

As for your “go travel” comment, that’s just an ignorant statement on your part since you have no idea who on this site has been/lived where.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

FIDO wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:06 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:52 am
FIDO wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:24 pm

"AN extremely uninformed post." I can go into details but it would only make you miserable.

I know my post is counter to the false narrative being spread from the Ironton faithful. NOT THE KIDS FAULT ADULTS LIE. It is laughable to say Ironton is loaded with D1 talent. Your own fan base is trying to sell this false narrative so they can overtly/covertly recruit or to entice young impressionable kids to Ironton. Your own fan base has declared ironton as a destination school for the areas top players, all based on false promises and an extremely false narrative.

A 19 year old young man has thicker skin than you guys give them credit. Many have died serving our country. Get out of SEO for a bit and clear your clouded and uninformed vision.
Please go ahead and go into details since you have all the details about the coaching change not effecting anything or how it wasn't a full scholarship.

I am not from Ironton. I do not give a darn about their D1 talent. I am from Lucasville and I have been around Ty a very long time. I am glad you were so smart to leave the area yet spend your time talking about the football back here when you have seen how great it is elsewhere. I hope you are gracing the fans there with "ur" knowledge on how they play in those places.
Oh good grief. If a player is good enough to play D1 football, it doesn't matter who is coaching. As I've said in my earlier post, I wish nothing but the best for the kids, meaning Ty and Carrico.

The rest of your post is just silly nonsense. I haven't disparaged local play or athletes. How many local football players are getting substantial playing time at P5 or D1 schools? There are plenty playing at lower levels and there is nothing wrong with that. It is what it is. Don't pretend it is something it isn't.

There is nothing wrong with telling a kid they aren't good enough to be a....................name your sport, profession or walmart greeter.
So you don't have the details that would "only make me miserable". Got it.

You are the one that is smart enough to leave SE Ohio, yet still spend your time on a message board about the sports being played there.

I have zero beef with your statements about telling a kid they aren't good enough. I agree with you. I called you out because you claim knowledge of a situation. Claim to know "details". You clearly don't. But now want to make it something it isn't.

SEOSports740
Waterboy

Post by SEOSports740 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:55 am

Please go ahead and go into details since you have all the details about the coaching change not effecting anything or how it wasn't a full scholarship.

I am not from Ironton. I do not give a darn about their D1 talent. I am from Lucasville and I have been around Ty a very long time. I am glad you were so smart to leave the area yet spend your time talking about the football back here when you have seen how great it is elsewhere. I hope you are gracing the fans there with "ur" knowledge on how they play in those places.
Oh good grief. If a player is good enough to play D1 football, it doesn't matter who is coaching. As I've said in my earlier post, I wish nothing but the best for the kids, meaning Ty and Carrico.

The rest of your post is just silly nonsense. I haven't disparaged local play or athletes. How many local football players are getting substantial playing time at P5 or D1 schools? There are plenty playing at lower levels and there is nothing wrong with that. It is what it is. Don't pretend it is something it isn't.

There is nothing wrong with telling a kid they aren't good enough to be a....................name your sport, profession or walmart greeter.

You are the one that is smart enough to leave SE Ohio, yet still spend your time on a message board about the sports being played there.

I have zero beef with your statements about telling a kid they aren't good enough. I agree with you. I called you out because you claim knowledge of a situation. Claim to know "details". You clearly don't. But now want to make it something it isn't.
:lol: Mic Drop.

But seriously SEO Athletes are elite look at Plaxico Burress and the bengals! i know he hurt his wrist but hes a stud!

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:35 pm

The expression: "Then act like you know" applies. Seo is small potatoes. Kids that like to play sports. Not athletes. There's a difference.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:51 pm

The expression: "Then act like you know" applies. Seo is small potatoes. Kids that like to play sports. Not athletes. There's a difference.
Yes, a 49.87MM difference! Simple math and stats.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

You are picking comments I made to tigercat74 about me being a miserable SOB and tying it in with the Ty Perkins discussion.

True, I played your words against the poster about being an extemely uninformed post. But it had nothing to do with you or Ty

Unless, of course, you have another username as tigercat74 and you accidentally responded under your mod name. NAH, I suspect this all some crazy misunderstanding.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:32 pm

That's life. Sharks and guppies. Seo is guppies water.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

FIDO wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:21 pm

You are picking comments I made to tigercat74 about me being a miserable SOB and tying it in with the Ty Perkins discussion.

True, I played your words against the poster about being an extemely uninformed post. But it had nothing to do with you or Ty

Unless, of course, you have another username as tigercat74 and you accidentally responded under your mod name. NAH, I suspect this all some crazy misunderstanding.
I can assure you I'm just me. Nobody special. :lol:

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:44 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:32 pm

That's life. Sharks and guppies. Seo is guppies water.
You realize the flaw in your logic? It’s equivalent to saying Floyd Mayweather is a terrible fighter because he can’t hang with Mike Tyson.

Return to “Football”