Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: *Breaking* TVC Accepts Oak Hill (OH BOE to Vote)

Post by Dundas »

LoyalOak wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:03 pm Idk anything about it being simple or how it’s done. I just know the coaches went out of their way to make an independent schedule and find other schools but the administration wouldn’t do their part. Whatever the easiest option is, that’s what I expect the administration to do and it’s reflected with all of our sports.
I think the easiest option would be to remain in the soc and figure out where the shortcomings are in the programs. The TVC however, was a destination that OH tried to reach back in the early 90’s when the SVAC disbanded. Had OH joined the TVC then, they would’ve remained. I think OH is a better fit for the TVC Ohio division rather than the big school SOC because the competition isn’t as stiff from top to bottom. I also think the TVC Ohio is a better fit for OH than the small school SOC for the opposite reason. It will challenge them to get better with the ability to win a few games here and there even in their worst years.

Basically, the TVC Ohio is a bridge between the two SOC conferences.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

Dundas wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:56 pm
LoyalOak wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:03 pm Idk anything about it being simple or how it’s done. I just know the coaches went out of their way to make an independent schedule and find other schools but the administration wouldn’t do their part. Whatever the easiest option is, that’s what I expect the administration to do and it’s reflected with all of our sports.
I think the easiest option would be to remain in the soc and figure out where the shortcomings are in the programs. The TVC however, was a destination that OH tried to reach back in the early 90’s when the SVAC disbanded. Had OH joined the TVC then, they would’ve remained. I think OH is a better fit for the TVC Ohio division rather than the big school SOC because the competition isn’t as stiff from top to bottom. I also think the TVC Ohio is a better fit for OH than the small school SOC for the opposite reason. It will challenge them to get better with the ability to win a few games here and there even in their worst years.

I agree with staying in the soc. In a few more years the groups of kids that have actually had youth sports thanks to the community will be in high school and that makes a huge difference. A lot of the recent year players has nothing until close to middle school

Sideline Sammy
Waterboy

Post by Sideline Sammy »

greygoose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:33 pm
LoyalOak wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:04 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:53 pm

Don’t be surprised I mean they applied and accepted. OH has wanted to be moved out of SOC2 play whether that’s adding a division or what they’ve been adamant they were done. So while I’m sure that coach was being completely truthful, LOL, facts are at least in football they want zero to do with SOC without change. Also let’s not act like they had no idea again I’m sure your information was completely true, ha ha, because no coach wants to say they wanted the change. Facts are behind closed doors they’re telling the administrators exactly what they want the administration didn’t leave them out of the loop and it’s laughable to think they did.
The schedule would have been independent last year if the administration and coaches were on the same page
Oh my, you really think it’s that simple?? Poof were independent even as they have to keep getting to coaches, new super. Contracts are in place and cost quite a bit money, funny how some think it’s a simple thing like one year we’ll do this the next we’ll do this. Same page and not knowing anything is 2 different things also.
Absolutely correct greygoose

Sideline Sammy
Waterboy

Post by Sideline Sammy »

LoyalOak wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:29 am

I agree with staying in the soc. In a few more years the groups of kids that have actually had youth sports thanks to the community will be in high school and that makes a huge difference. A lot of the recent year players has nothing until close to middle school
There has been peewee tackle football for over 20 years at the Ovc then they went to the TVC for a few years then went somewhere else an changed the 3/4 tackle program to flag

Bmoc313
Waterboy

Post by Bmoc313 »

I just going to call it now. They will not accept the TVC invite & they will remain in the SOC.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Bmoc313 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 pm I just going to call it now. They will not accept the TVC invite & they will remain in the SOC.
Oak Hill wasn’t invited they petitioned the TVC for membership. Makes zero since not too join after being accepted.

Bmoc313
Waterboy

Post by Bmoc313 »

hsfbfan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 pm
Bmoc313 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 pm I just going to call it now. They will not accept the TVC invite & they will remain in the SOC.
Oak Hill wasn’t invited they petitioned the TVC for membership. Makes zero since not too join after being accepted.
They presented their case to be invited to join. The TVC votes yes so they received a formal “invite” to join the conference. Regardless of how you say it. I’m just saying they do not end up joining the TVC.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I heard, I actually found it especially funny they were lining up Raceland. That alone let me know they weren’t making the right decisions. I mean they only played in the state championship game last 2 seasons.

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

I agree with this take. The small side of the SOC was not challenging enough for Oak Hill most years. The big side has become a murderers row for them. The TVC teams seem to have a great fluctuation in talent year in and year out, which we are seeing from Oak Hill, several years of mediocre classes and losing the D1 lineman to Jackson.

Ideally for the Oaks, the SOC could get a couple of teams to join and get three football divisions. Match them up with similar schools. But short of that, the TVC helps with football, even though the middle division of the SOC is probably a better fit for baseball and basketball.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well……..SOC going to 3 divisions if they can get 1 more big team. So if they get 1 team they’ll have 2-4 team divisions and 3rd division will remain SOC2 teams

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:35 pm Well……..SOC going to 3 divisions if they can get 1 more big team. So if they get 1 team they’ll have 2-4 team divisions and 3rd division will remain SOC2 teams
Portsmouth?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:47 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:35 pm Well……..SOC going to 3 divisions if they can get 1 more big team. So if they get 1 team they’ll have 2-4 team divisions and 3rd division will remain SOC2 teams
Portsmouth?
I doubt it, biggest question is going to be what team will leave their league to go to a 4 team conference?? Ironton is currently independent I think they’d join but does west and Waverly want that lol. Greenfield wants out of FAC as does Hillsboro. There’s no date that can be set given it’s under the condition of adding a team. So all this to make OH and NW happy. Wow talk about a vote without a plan. 3 conference games???? Have fun with that scheduling lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:58 pm
Portsmouth?
I doubt it, biggest question is going to be what team will leave their league to go to a 4 team conference?? Ironton is currently independent I think they’d join but does west and Waverly want that lol. Greenfield wants out of FAC as does Hillsboro. There’s no date that can be set given it’s under the condition of adding a team. So all this to make OH and NW happy. Wow talk about a vote without a plan. 3 conference games???? Have fun with that scheduling lol
River Valley
Fairland
Portsmouth
Gallia
Jackson

I could see RV joining for the mid division and the rest being big school options.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:27 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:58 pm

Portsmouth?
River Valley
Fairland
Portsmouth
Gallia
Jackson

I could see RV joining for the mid division and the rest being big school options.
Right now they’re only saying adding 1 big school. They’d be in with Burg-West-Waverly right now Minford is up there also they want a big school school to let Minford move down. Minford with a new coach and Caudill not playing football going to be hurting

Bmoc313
Waterboy

Post by Bmoc313 »

I heard that if they went to 3 divisions then the 2 bigger divisions would play 2 crossovers with each other to get 5 games set for weeks 6-10. Not ideal but it solves some scheduling problems.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bmoc313 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 pm I heard that if they went to 3 divisions then the 2 bigger divisions would play 2 crossovers with each other to get 5 games set for weeks 6-10. Not ideal but it solves some scheduling problems.
Yeah I figured they’d be doing crossovers but are they going to force the crossover is the thing?? OH and NW both wanted out so they didn’t play those schools. Sounds like they create a mess, I mean how do you make this decision without a plan for teams lol.

Bmoc313
Waterboy

Post by Bmoc313 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm
Bmoc313 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 pm I heard that if they went to 3 divisions then the 2 bigger divisions would play 2 crossovers with each other to get 5 games set for weeks 6-10. Not ideal but it solves some scheduling problems.
Yeah I figured they’d be doing crossovers but are they going to force the crossover is the thing?? OH and NW both wanted out so they didn’t play those schools. Sounds like they create a mess, I mean how do you make this decision without a plan for teams lol.
I agree. I figure they make the crossovers mandatory but make it so you aren’t facing Burg or West the same year every year. It seems like a a situation where it sounds good if it pans out but they didn’t think past if it doesn’t.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

This is an opportunity for the SOC to do what has been talked about on these forums for years! Send out a ton of invites and see how many bite. Ports. , Fairland, Gallia, RV, Wellston, Rock Hill, Etc.... If 2 , 3 or more take the invite then it's a perfect thing.... Expansion is GOOD! Kind of like the Big Ten and SEC pulling multiple different teams in and making their two conferences the ELITE conferences in the NCAA.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 am This is an opportunity for the SOC to do what has been talked about on these forums for years! Send out a ton of invites and see how many bite. Ports. , Fairland, Gallia, RV, Wellston, Rock Hill, Etc.... If 2 , 3 or more take the invite then it's a perfect thing.... Expansion is GOOD! Kind of like the Big Ten and SEC pulling multiple different teams in and making their two conferences the ELITE conferences in the NCAA.
100% and hopefully that's the long-term plan but initially they're saying they just want 1 bigger team and you'll have Burg-West-Waverly-??, Minford-Valley-NW-OH, then SOC2 teams would make up the small division. Which brings up an interesting thing on the crossover are they going to force the small teams to do it?? I don't believe something like that would be fair to them they didn't ask for any of this it's 2 teams that caused it and finding 7 non-conference games is going to be a scheduling nightmare for those 2 divisions. This is a great opportunity for SOC if they do it right and I hope the long-term plan does involve working each of those divisions up to around the 6 team mark.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bmoc313 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 am
greygoose wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm
I agree. I figure they make the crossovers mandatory but make it so you aren’t facing Burg or West the same year every year. It seems like a a situation where it sounds good if it pans out but they didn’t think past if it doesn’t.
Finding 7 nonconference games will be a heck of a mess, even only making 1 crossover game still leaves 6 games. Then do you make the small school play the middle division, they didn't ask for any of this and they've got plenty of teams and have no need for crossover. Hopefully the end goal is to work the 2 bigger divisions to 5/6 teams over the next 3-5 years.

Return to “Football”