Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Re: Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Post by LoyalOak »

If any of that above is wrong, sorry ahead of time. Just what I’ve gathered through Facebook today and people tend to be honest when pissed off.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Oh my, what a mess. Here’s what I’m trying to figure out though what was the coach wanting?? Independent wasn’t going to work especially if you’re looking at all sports. They wanted the TVC now I haven’t heard what OH has decided since the SOC decision but to me the TVC move is a no brainer. The SOC finally makes a move but it’s contingent upon getting another big team but you’re going to play crossover games. Really so NW and OH teams that don’t want to play Burg-West-Waverly are still now going to have to play 2 of the 3 lol. Does this make sense to anyone?? Take the TVC opening and run with it, wow. It’s a shame if the coach did indeed do all of those things because the ones hurting with this is the kids.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

I hadn’t seen anything about the whole tvc/soc thing outside of this forum so idk if that even had anything to do with his job.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LoyalOak wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 pm I hadn’t seen anything about the whole tvc/soc thing outside of this forum so idk if that even had anything to do with his job.
It was, just heard from some sources that superintendent and coach were butting heads on things. Apparently the coach was pushing the TVC move and after talks with super a comment was made he wouldn’t hire him anyways for not supporting him. Crazy stuff and honestly the coach is right for football TVC was 💯 the right move and still is if it’s still even an option

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

greygoose wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 pm
LoyalOak wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 pm I hadn’t seen anything about the whole tvc/soc thing outside of this forum so idk if that even had anything to do with his job.
It was, just heard from some sources that superintendent and coach were butting heads on things. Apparently the coach was pushing the TVC move and after talks with super a comment was made he wouldn’t hire him anyways for not supporting him. Crazy stuff and honestly the coach is right for football TVC was 💯 the right move and still is if it’s still even an option
I’d heard they’d always butted heads anyways because of him pushing for better everything you’d want in a football program. Then I’m assuming the conference stuff made it worse. Then I seen a couple parents went to super recently saying typical “he’s too hard on my kids bs” and he used that as the excuse to fire him.

shai-halud
Waterboy

Post by shai-halud »

greygoose wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 pm
a tribe must have only one leader, but without loyal lieutenants the desert will swallow the people.

"the Old Man of the Desert"
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Just heard about the Kratzenberg situation. If what’s being said is true and it’s because of a couple of parents saying he is too hard, then Oak Hill deserves to be the bottom feeder of the SOC. End of story.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

OVC wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 pm Just heard about the Kratzenberg situation. If what’s being said is true and it’s because of a couple of parents saying he is too hard, then Oak Hill deserves to be the bottom feeder of the SOC. End of story.
I agree.

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

LoyalOak wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 am
OVC wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 pm Just heard about the Kratzenberg situation. If what’s being said is true and it’s because of a couple of parents saying he is too hard, then Oak Hill deserves to be the bottom feeder of the SOC. End of story.
I agree.
coach k loved the kids but he didnt love not being king of the program talked accountability to players but wasnt the same to his leadership

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 am
LoyalOak wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 am
I agree.
coach k loved the kids but he didnt love not being king of the program talked accountability to players but wasnt the same to his leadership
Care to elaborate?

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

You Can't get any better if the School Board don't wanna try and give the Coaches time.

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
Sideline Sammy
Waterboy

Post by Sideline Sammy »

Man there is a lot going on here for this thread to just stop!!!
Any new news?

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Oak Hill has moved in a new era of stu#$&. The old worn out saying ( it is all about the kids). Lol , how about the parents, school board, coaches who pull all the punches. ( What about me)And there the kids on the bench, aww maybe.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sideline Sammy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:06 pm Man there is a lot going on here for this thread to just stop!!!
Any new news?
Not sure if it ended up happening or not but there was talks of having a big meeting with schools, coach, parents, etc. before the final determination. No idea if it happened or where they went with it. Interesting though that the Super who used to coach at Manchester would but heads with a coach that was trying to better the program from top to bottom as he of all ppl know how difficult it is to try and turn around a program.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

greygoose wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:40 am
Sideline Sammy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:06 pm Man there is a lot going on here for this thread to just stop!!!
Any new news?
Not sure if it ended up happening or not but there was talks of having a big meeting with schools, coach, parents, etc. before the final determination. No idea if it happened or where they went with it. Interesting though that the Super who used to coach at Manchester would but heads with a coach that was trying to better the program from top to bottom as he of all ppl know how difficult it is to try and turn around a program.
Community meeting tonight @ 6pm.
Kids have refused to even weight lift and say they’re not playing if he’s not coaching. If the school hated paying the fines for a couple games missed they could end up paying for the entire season thanks to the superintendent.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LoyalOak wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:47 am
Any new news?
Kids have refused to even weight lift and say they’re not playing if he’s not coaching. If the school hated paying the fines for a couple games missed they could end up paying for the entire season thanks to the superintendent.
Thanks for the update, if the coach wanted to go to the TVC I simply don’t understand the problem. That would’ve been quickest way to build the program back up as they would’ve had a shot in most games.

Sideline Sammy
Waterboy

Post by Sideline Sammy »

greygoose wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:54 pm

Thanks for the update, if the coach wanted to go to the TVC I simply don’t understand the problem. That would’ve been quickest way to build the program back up as they would’ve had a shot in most games.
Wonder what happened in the meeting tonight.
Those boys need to be in the weight room at least if they aren’t already hopefully.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

Sideline Sammy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 am

Those boys need to be in the weight room at least if they aren’t already hopefully.
If you Facebook search “Jeremiah Shaver - The Telegram News” he had it on Facebook live yesterday and the recording is on his page.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

LoyalOak wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:06 am
Sideline Sammy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 am

If you Facebook search “Jeremiah Shaver - The Telegram News” he had it on Facebook live yesterday and the recording is on his page.

I'll save a little time.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

So what has happened? Will the position be posted or not?

Return to “Football”