Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Re: *Breaking* Oak Hill Officially Petitions TVC for Membership

Post by Play60Football »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:55 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:45 pm I guess weaker programs would like to see Oak Hill in the TVC to guarantee a conference win most years to make them feel better about themselves. Like River Valley. Ugh.
Hasn’t oak hill been on the NY schedule the last few years?
I would put oak hill on the same level as Wellston and above a RV. I do think the raiders and the TVC would be better off if they moved to the Hocking division.

Ohio

Alexander
Athens
Meigs
Nelsonville York
Oak Hill
Vinton County
Warren
Wellston

Hocking

Belpre
Eastern
Fed Hock
Miller
River Valley
Southern
Trimble
Waterford
I've seen Miller mentioned a few times as coming back to the TVC.... Is that a rumor? does it have any legs? or is it just a thought exercise?
I would think Miller is happy in the MSL.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:55 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:45 pm I guess weaker programs would like to see Oak Hill in the TVC to guarantee a conference win most years to make them feel better about themselves. Like River Valley. Ugh.
Hasn’t oak hill been on the NY schedule the last few years?
I would put oak hill on the same level as Wellston and above a RV. I do think the raiders and the TVC would be better off if they moved to the Hocking division.

Ohio

Alexander
Athens
Meigs
Nelsonville York
Oak Hill
Vinton County
Warren
Wellston

Hocking

Belpre
Eastern
Fed Hock
Miller
River Valley
Southern
Trimble
Waterford
I thought VC didnt want Warren because of crappy roads. BTW has anyone taken a look at roads leading to Oak Hill before this vote?

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:00 pm What will the SOC due if Oak Hill does leave or will there be reaction from the SOC?
That's something I'm curious about. My guess is go for Portsmouth, but also wouldn't be opposed of an SOC-OVC merger either (with or without Gallia Academy and/or Ironton FB)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:00 pm What will the SOC due if Oak Hill does leave or will there be reaction from the SOC?
I don't see much change in SOC. I really think multiple OVC teams were interested in SOC until Ironton went independent in football. That solved most of their problems with OVC, so they not going anywhere now.

Portsmouth would obviously still be interested in SOC, but given the current bylaws of SOC, I don't see them ever being voted in. After Oak Hill leaves, SOC will have an even number of teams (6) again in SOC II football, so scheduling will be easier.

Real question is will SOC go back to only 2 divisions again in all other sports? Football was the only sport that really needed a third division, and now with one less school and expansion unlikely to happen, might as well go back to 2 divisions in the other sports for scheduling purposes.*

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

What by-laws prevent Portsmouth from the SOC? I seriously dont know. I'm not so sure they want in the SOC after being denied so many times.

IF Oak Hill leaves, I don't see the SOC going back to 2 conferences. SOC 3 competitive, the SOC 1 competitive with each other, but the SOC 2 is not. I think a particular district likes it that way.

But you are correct, football was the only sport that a change was needed. Makes you wonder what is going on.

SEOALLivesMatter
Waterboy

Post by SEOALLivesMatter »

Will Oak Hill rethink this with the news about the SEOAL being resurrected?

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

I hate to say it but you all are not even close. Everyone is gonna be SHOCKED when they see what is about to happen and the big boys are not gonna be happy

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Very doubtful that anyone will be shocked by anything especially the "big boys". Ppl thinking that 1 or 2 teams are meeting in the dark ally ways plotting some big thing is hilarious. OH leaves not shocking, Northwest leaves again not shocking, only thing that would shock anyone would be all the other teams trying to make their own league up and exclude Burg, Waverly and West and something like that isn't going to be kept secret. So I don't think anyone is going to be "shocked" just because you posted that word on here.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:46 am I hate to say it but you all are not even close. Everyone is gonna be SHOCKED when they see what is about to happen and the big boys are not gonna be happy
Ok. Cool. :lol:

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:26 am Very doubtful that anyone will be shocked by anything especially the "big boys". Ppl thinking that 1 or 2 teams are meeting in the dark ally ways plotting some big thing is hilarious. OH leaves not shocking, Northwest leaves again not shocking, only thing that would shock anyone would be all the other teams trying to make their own league up and exclude Burg, Waverly and West and something like that isn't going to be kept secret. So I don't think anyone is going to be "shocked" just because you posted that word on here.
I'm just saying you might be surprised. It's not a huge secret and many smaller schools are on board. Will it happen who knows but would be interesting.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:13 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:26 am Very doubtful that anyone will be shocked by anything especially the "big boys". Ppl thinking that 1 or 2 teams are meeting in the dark ally ways plotting some big thing is hilarious. OH leaves not shocking, Northwest leaves again not shocking, only thing that would shock anyone would be all the other teams trying to make their own league up and exclude Burg, Waverly and West and something like that isn't going to be kept secret. So I don't think anyone is going to be "shocked" just because you posted that word on here.
I'm just saying you might be surprised. It's not a huge secret and many smaller schools are on board. Will it happen who knows but would be interesting.
Since “it’s not a huge secret” and everyone else here is “not even close”, you might as well just go ahead and enlighten us instead of playing the game of “I know something you don’t, but not going to say it”*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:19 pm
Since “it’s not a huge secret” and everyone else here is “not even close”, you might as well just go ahead and enlighten us instead of playing the game of “I know something you don’t, but not going to say it”*
Well there's a few things to look at in the statement, first let's start with "it's not a huge secret" given there's only 1 person mentioning something to that affect then obviously if there's anything it must be a secret. I'll just come out and say it given a lot of the contacts I have with the SOC schools I'll say this much it's a WELL kept secret if there is anything. However, in the his final statement it contradicts it all, "will it happen who knows"??? Well heck we went from this shocking secret that isn't so much of a secret to well who knows if it happens. You can't make this stuff up, plus by smaller schools I'm assuming you're not talking SOC1 schools because they're perfectly content with the current setup that ship ain't a rocking.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

greygoose wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:32 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:19 pm

Well there's a few things to look at in the statement, first let's start with "it's not a huge secret" given there's only 1 person mentioning something to that affect then obviously if there's anything it must be a secret. I'll just come out and say it given a lot of the contacts I have with the SOC schools I'll say this much it's a WELL kept secret if there is anything. However, in the his final statement it contradicts it all, "will it happen who knows"??? Well heck we went from this shocking secret that isn't so much of a secret to well who knows if it happens. You can't make this stuff up, plus by smaller schools I'm assuming you're not talking SOC1 schools because they're perfectly content with the current setup that ship ain't a rocking.
greygoose: Yep…I don’t have any issue with him claiming to know something. My issue is dismissing rest of us stating that we’re “not even close” without telling us how so.

From your posts over the years on here, I think you’re as dialed in as anybody here with SOC dealings. You would’ve likely heard something if there is some plan and it’s “not some huge secret” like bro claims.*

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Yeah no one meeting in a dark alley. They meeting in a strip club. Probably discussing the old SVAC and SEOAL rebrands. But it’s all in secret, but it’s no big secret and that’s how I found out about it. :mrgreen:

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Did Danny O get the SVAC back together or what’s going on?

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Word out of Racine from the Downtown Athletic Club is that Danny O has a deal in place to create a conference as shown below:

Southern
Eastern
South Gallia
River Valley
Hannan
Symmes Valley

Still working on a name but many clamoring to a revival of SVAC.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Almost Champions wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:25 am Word out of Racine from the Downtown Athletic Club is that Danny O has a deal in place to create a conference as shown below:

Southern
Eastern
South Gallia
River Valley
Hannan
Symmes Valley

Still working on a name but many clamoring to a revival of SVAC.

Rename it the W.E.A.K Conference!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Call it the RIVER BOAT Conference.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Any updates? Is this dead in the water? It's been 3 months since the original post.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:05 am Any updates? Is this dead in the water? It's been 3 months since the original post.
Hopefully dead in the water but I doubt that’s the case.

Go Bucks!!

Return to “Football”