Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: *Breaking* TVC Accepts Oak Hill (OH BOE to Vote)

Post by Dundas »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:12 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:58 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:08 pm

They actively tried to duck the two but couldn’t Northwest did as well don’t want this to seem like I hate oak hill, calling a spade a spade
They actively tried to duck the two but couldn’t? Why couldn’t they? They absolutely could have said no if they wanted. What forced them to play?
Why couldn’t they? Who could they have played on such short notice with openings. Also what does that say about your program and to the kids if we can’t compete we won’t play
Oak hill could have not played if they wanted. They played. I’m asking why they couldn’t have made that decision. You said they couldn’t. Why? They played the games…

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:17 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:12 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:58 pm

They actively tried to duck the two but couldn’t? Why couldn’t they? They absolutely could have said no if they wanted. What forced them to play?
Why couldn’t they? Who could they have played on such short notice with openings. Also what does that say about your program and to the kids if we can’t compete we won’t play
Oak hill could have not played if they wanted. They played. I’m asking why they couldn’t have made that decision. You said they couldn’t. Why? They played the games…
My guess of what forced them to play would be the threat of having to pay fines. Had they ducked every team would’ve made it pretty obvious.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

So is Oak Hill to the TVC a done deal?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 pm So is Oak Hill to the TVC a done deal?
Oak Hill petitioned the TVC for membership. The TVC accepted and officially invited Oak Hill to join the TVC. It’s now up to the Oak Hill Board of Education to accept the invitation at their next meeting. Once they do, Oak Hill will become the newest member of the Tri-Valley Conference.

TVC Ohio

Alexander D5
Athens D3
Meigs D5
Nelsonville-York D6
River Valley D5
Oak Hill D6
Vinton County D4
Wellston D5

TVC Hocking

Belpre D6
Eastern D7
Fed Hock D6 (Non Football)
Southern D7
Trimble D6
Waterford D7

Bmoc313
Waterboy

Post by Bmoc313 »

Dundas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 pm So is Oak Hill to the TVC a done deal?
Oak Hill petitioned the TVC for membership. The TVC accepted and officially invited Oak Hill to join the TVC. It’s now up to the Oak Hill Board of Education to accept the invitation at their next meeting. Once they do, Oak Hill will become the newest member of the Tri-Valley Conference.

TVC Ohio

Alexander D5
Athens D3
Meigs D5
Nelsonville-York D6
River Valley D5
Oak Hill D6
Vinton County D4
Wellston D5

TVC Hocking

Belpre D6
Eastern D7
Southern D7
Trimble D6
Waterford D7
So this will be all for nothing if the BOE declines. If they accept then Oak Hill goes on to the TVC to be at the bottom or sometimes middle of the pack in football. Don’t know what it does for the other sports but it’s a move solely based on football if it goes through.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 pm

TVC Ohio

Alexander D5
Athens D3
Meigs D5
Nelsonville-York D6
River Valley D5
Oak Hill D6
Vinton County D4
Wellston D5

TVC Hocking

Belpre D6
Eastern D7
Southern D7
Trimble D6
Waterford D7
Congrats to OH they’ve been looking for a better setup this is a move long overdue.

Sideline Sammy
Waterboy

Post by Sideline Sammy »

So is it official yet for oak hill to be in the TVC??

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Sideline Sammy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:50 am So is it official yet for oak hill to be in the TVC??
The Oak Hill BOE is scheduled to meet next Wednesday, April 17th. It should be official then.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Dundas wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:19 pm
Sideline Sammy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:50 am So is it official yet for oak hill to be in the TVC??
The Oak Hill BOE is scheduled to meet next Wednesday, April 17th. It should be official then.
Will they stay in the SOC for the next athletic year 24-25 then come in 25-26?

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:14 pm
I would assume they would join in the fall of 2025 with football contracts already locked in for 2024.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Dundas wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:47 pm

I would assume they would join in the fall of 2025 with football contracts already locked in for 2024.
That’s what I was thinking as well but was not for certain

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:45 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:47 pm

That’s what I was thinking as well but was not for certain
We will find out next Wednesday. There is always the chance that Oak Hill declines the invitation but they have already inquired about joining and started this process. I’d say it’s unlikely they change their mind unless the SOC allows them to move back down to the small school division. I’m sure those talks have been in the works as well. Or at least OH has asked.

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

I really don't see Oak Hill joining the TVC. Every other sport at Oak Hill is in the type of league it wants with the three division SOC. This move would only benefit the football program. I talked to an Oak Hill assistant coach about a month ago about this and he said that the Oak Hill head coaches had a meeting with the administration and all voted to not apply to the TVC, and then were shocked when coaches from TVC schools informed them that not only had they applied, they had been accepted, and that it was still another week before the Head Coaches of all Oak Hill sports were officially informed of this by the administration. If this is true it seems there is a big disconnect between the coaches and the administration.

I had always enjoyed following Jackson and Oak Hill athletics, but now I focus on Jackson. The structure and support seems to be light years better for the Ironmen. I get that the Oaks lost a hall of fame coach when Norm left, but it now seems like his ability and influence as Athletic Director may have been the greater loss. A successful program needs a team of people working together for what is best for the student athletes, and it seems like something is missing for the Oaks right now.

It will be interesting to see what their school board does next week.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

It is Oak Hill's decision. They should base the decision on what is best for the students and the community. Any conversations about whether to accept the invitation should have happened before seeking admittance.
Whatever the school board decides will be a decision they will have to live with for a long time.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am It is Oak Hill's decision. They should base the decision on what is best for the students and the community. Any conversations about whether to accept the invitation should have happened before seeking admittance.
Whatever the school board decides will be a decision they will have to live with for a long time.
I agree. You would think any internal discussions would have happened before they reached out to the TVC. I’m not sure there has ever been a school petition the TVC that didn’t accept the return offer.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Copay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:13 am I really don't see Oak Hill joining the TVC. Every other sport at Oak Hill is in the type of league it wants with the three division SOC. This move would only benefit the football program. I talked to an Oak Hill assistant coach about a month ago about this and he said that the Oak Hill head coaches had a meeting with the administration and all voted to not apply to the TVC, and then were shocked when coaches from TVC schools informed them that not only had they applied, they had been accepted, and that it was still another week before the Head Coaches of all Oak Hill sports were officially informed of this by the administration. If this is true it seems there is a big disconnect between the coaches and the administration.

I had always enjoyed following Jackson and Oak Hill athletics, but now I focus on Jackson. The structure and support seems to be light years better for the Ironmen. I get that the Oaks lost a hall of fame coach when Norm left, but it now seems like his ability and influence as Athletic Director may have been the greater loss. A successful program needs a team of people working together for what is best for the student athletes, and it seems like something is missing for the Oaks right now.

Don’t be surprised I mean they applied and accepted. OH has wanted to be moved out of SOC2 play whether that’s adding a division or what they’ve been adamant they were done. So while I’m sure that coach was being completely truthful, LOL, facts are at least in football they want zero to do with SOC without change. Also let’s not act like they had no idea again I’m sure your information was completely true, ha ha, because no coach wants to say they wanted the change. Facts are behind closed doors they’re telling the administrators exactly what they want the administration didn’t leave them out of the loop and it’s laughable to think they did.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

greygoose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:53 pm
Copay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:13 am I really don't see Oak Hill joining the TVC. Every other sport at Oak Hill is in the type of league it wants with the three division SOC. This move would only benefit the football program. I talked to an Oak Hill assistant coach about a month ago about this and he said that the Oak Hill head coaches had a meeting with the administration and all voted to not apply to the TVC, and then were shocked when coaches from TVC schools informed them that not only had they applied, they had been accepted, and that it was still another week before the Head Coaches of all Oak Hill sports were officially informed of this by the administration. If this is true it seems there is a big disconnect between the coaches and the administration.

Don’t be surprised I mean they applied and accepted. OH has wanted to be moved out of SOC2 play whether that’s adding a division or what they’ve been adamant they were done. So while I’m sure that coach was being completely truthful, LOL, facts are at least in football they want zero to do with SOC without change. Also let’s not act like they had no idea again I’m sure your information was completely true, ha ha, because no coach wants to say they wanted the change. Facts are behind closed doors they’re telling the administrators exactly what they want the administration didn’t leave them out of the loop and it’s laughable to think they did.
The schedule would have been independent last year if the administration and coaches were on the same page

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LoyalOak wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:04 pm

The schedule would have been independent last year if the administration and coaches were on the same page
Oh my, you really think it’s that simple?? Poof were independent even as they have to keep getting to coaches, new super. Contracts are in place and cost quite a bit money, funny how some think it’s a simple thing like one year we’ll do this the next we’ll do this. Same page and not knowing anything is 2 different things also.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:33 pm
LoyalOak wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:04 pm

Oh my, you really think it’s that simple?? Poof were independent even as they have to keep getting to coaches, new super. Contracts are in place and cost quite a bit money, funny how some think it’s a simple thing like one year we’ll do this the next we’ll do this. Same page and not knowing anything is 2 different things also.
This is also why if they decide to join the TVC, they wouldn’t be a member until 2025 at the earliest.

Not sure what Oak Hill would gain from going independent either. You get leftovers late in the season at that point. Travel would be killer and your only option may be to play much larger schools depending on who is open.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

Idk anything about it being simple or how it’s done. I just know the coaches went out of their way to make an independent schedule and find other schools but the administration wouldn’t do their part. Whatever the easiest option is, that’s what I expect the administration to do and it’s reflected with all of our sports.

Return to “Football”