Gallia Academy 2024

JChipwood
All Conference

Re: GA football

Post by JChipwood »

School bd member told me an asset coach told the team at halftime they were playing like a bunch of 9u33ies. This specific person had a grandson on the team that took offense to that statement and told his mom. May have been other strikes but this individuals axe to grind was based upon that one statement. Donā€™t know the whole story but I do know that to be a fact.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Curious who the new coach will be....

MVLfan
Riding the Bench

Post by MVLfan »

Sounds like a dumpster fire. How many coaches go back to their Alma mater and leave after just 2 years?? Not just any 2 years but 2 successful years. I understand the appeal of a bigger school, but very rarely if ever does a coach get to go home then leave soon after. Red flags for anyone thinking about the job

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

72 nice round number šŸ˜Ž bet that group of coaches and friends from GA went to a playoff game in Jackson,had more than 72 šŸ˜„ back when ever šŸ‘

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

tackle81 wrote: ā†‘Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:37 pm
Geronimo wrote: ā†‘Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:03 pm Money talks I guess šŸ’°šŸ‘Ž
Absolutely not. All you do is flap your gums about things youā€™ve hardly scratched the surface on. Coach Carter took the reigns of a promising team and turned them into a winning football unit. Coach Carter is extremely dedicated to his work, and loves his guys. Gallia runs off every coach, examples being Penrod, Coach Bart ( W. Bartholomew) , and now Coach Carter. You canā€™t blame him for moving up, especially with the absurd antics and vile parents he has to deal with.
Was Coach Bart run out?

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Heard there was an issue of drinking with kids in the car. Any truth to that? Was there an arrest in Jackson?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

tackle81 wrote: ā†‘Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:37 pm
Geronimo wrote: ā†‘Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:03 pm Money talks I guess šŸ’°šŸ‘Ž
Absolutely not. All you do is flap your gums about things youā€™ve hardly scratched the surface on. Coach Carter took the reigns of a promising team and turned them into a winning football unit. Coach Carter is extremely dedicated to his work, and loves his guys. Gallia runs off every coach, examples being Penrod, Coach Bart ( W. Bartholomew) , and now Coach Carter. You canā€™t blame him for moving up, especially with the absurd antics and vile parents he has to deal with.
KC is a good kidā€¦ I had several of his players in my classroom at BHCCā€¦ They all spoke very well of himā€¦ he seemed to connect well with the ones I know.

wish him luck moving to the Land of the Cleves.

tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

JChipwood wrote: ā†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:51 am School bd member told me an asset coach told the team at halftime they were playing like a bunch of 9u33ies. This specific person had a grandson on the team that took offense to that statement and told his mom. May have been other strikes but this individuals axe to grind was based upon that one statement. Donā€™t know the whole story but I do know that to be a fact.
Kid was mad he wasnā€™t getting the ball. Heard he was in tears at practice because he felt he wasnā€™t getting the ball enough. Sounds like he had an overinflated opinion of himself that his parents agreed with.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Hope the parents luck that want to raise there kid in a bubble, There more words that fly down the halls of GA ,than on Friday night šŸ”„

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Tell your AD to grow a set and schedule Eastern

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Puppet, there's your answer.

tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

Baldeagle wrote: ā†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:04 pm Tell your AD to grow a set and schedule Eastern
AD is way too skeert to play the almighty Eastern. Coach midget is way too intimidating. Is Oldaker #50 even coming back? Gonna be a tough defensive year w/o him, especially at a D7 school that canā€™t even afford two sets of stands :shock: .
Hop off of this topic BaldAss.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

tackle81 wrote: ā†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:01 pm
Baldeagle wrote: ā†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:04 pm Tell your AD to grow a set and schedule Eastern
AD is way too skeert to play the almighty Eastern. Coach midget is way too intimidating. Is Oldaker #50 even coming back? Gonna be a tough defensive year w/o him, especially at a D7 school that canā€™t even afford two sets of stands :shock: .
Hop off of this topic BaldAss.
Guess GA is to skeert to play us just like you would be too skeert to stop in Summerfields and make me stay off this topic

readaboutit1
Waterboy

Post by readaboutit1 »

Ron Toler is not a school board member as much as he'd like to think he is. Furthermore, The mom is certifiable and the boy couldn't play for the GDC team.
JChipwood wrote: ā†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:51 am School bd member told me an asset coach told the team at halftime they were playing like a bunch of 9u33ies. This specific person had a grandson on the team that took offense to that statement and told his mom. May have been other strikes but this individuals axe to grind was based upon that one statement. Donā€™t know the whole story but I do know that to be a fact.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

As much as I hate to say this, it kinda feels like karma for pushing Penrod out the door.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

This generation couldnā€™t play for Coach Bob Lutzā€¦.

Contemplating all life choices and loyaltiesā€¦
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Terrible, šŸ˜ž

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

OVC wrote: ā†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:23 pm
Or Ed Millerā€¦. Hell, I think a pee-wee coach once said that to us at halftime.

If I would have went home and said ā€œmom, the coach said we were playing like a bunch of 9i33iesā€, two things would have happened:
1) My mom and dad both would have ripped my ass for being a tattle tell.
2) They probably would have agreed with the coach and said ā€œyou are playing likeā€¦ā€

Plus, the other players on the team, if they found out, would have had a few things to say to me as well. That stuff stays in the locker room. Period!

No idea how some of these kids are going to make it through life if being called a 9u33y sets them off.

Good grief!!!

tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

RBH23 wrote: ā†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:55 pm
OVC wrote: ā†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:23 pm
Or Ed Millerā€¦. Hell, I think a pee-wee coach once said that to us at halftime.

If I would have went home and said ā€œmom, the coach said we were playing like a bunch of 9i33iesā€, two things would have happened:
1) My mom and dad both would have ripped my ass for being a tattle tell.
2) They probably would have agreed with the coach and said ā€œyou are playing likeā€¦ā€

Plus, the other players on the team, if they found out, would have had a few things to say to me as well. That stuff stays in the locker room. Period!

No idea how some of these kids are going to make it through life if being called a 9u33y sets them off.

Good grief!!!
Totally agree JBH! Soft as pie, mommy and daddy canā€™t change your diaper forever. At some point, itā€™s time for these kids to grow up and grow a pair.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Sad situation. Hope the injured family is proud of what they have accomplished. NOT!

Return to ā€œFootballā€