Warren Football 2024

beg003
All Conference

Warren Football 2024

Post by beg003 »

Since there are a couple other 2024 threads started already, here we go. Minimal graduation losses at the skill positions, lots of returning production with a 1st team All-District QB and WR, a a talented freshman class, and a junior/senior heavy roster going into year 3 of the same system. Dropped several close games last year, so mentally getting over that hump and making winning plays/decisions, along with finding 3 offensive linemen will be the biggest hurdles for this team to clear this fall. Being as objective as I can be, this season should be an improvement in terms of wins and losses. But, games are played for a reason. My breakout player picks would be Eric Carr on offense and Devin Legleitner on defense.

Schedule:

8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/4 John Marshall, WV (A)
10/11 Point Pleasant, WV (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Re: Warren Football 2024

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Yes I agree the oline is the question if they find good replacements they should be a playoff team.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I think they can fill two of the open OL positions with kids already in-house, and one will be filled by a kid who hasn't played in a few years, but has good reviews from when he did. Great size too, around 6'3"-6"4" 270. That would put 3/5 OL above 6'3" 270. Owen Bookman is back (6'6" 290) after starting at RT last year and Tanner Gorham (6'3" 270) is returning for his third year at LT. So the guys who are back have substantial experience, which is a positive. Finding a reliable center will likely be the biggest task.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Not to mention having a RB that’s 6’2 almost 200lbs that’s got track speed ..

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

beg003 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:20 pm Since there are a couple other 2024 threads started already, here we go. Minimal graduation losses at the skill positions, lots of returning production with a 1st team All-District QB and WR, a a talented freshman class, and a junior/senior heavy roster going into year 3 of the same system. Dropped several close games last year, so mentally getting over that hump and making winning plays/decisions, along with finding 3 offensive linemen will be the biggest hurdles for this team to clear this fall. Being as objective as I can be, this season should be an improvement in terms of wins and losses. But, games are played for a reason. My breakout player picks would be Eric Carr on offense and Devin Legleitner on defense.

Schedule:

8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
you'll have at least one win on that schedule..Cambridge may go 0-10..again.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Can't wait to see this Warrior team hit the gridiron!! Expectations should be high for this group. We will see if they rise to the challenge...

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

beg003 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:20 pm Since there are a couple other 2024 threads started already, here we go. Minimal graduation losses at the skill positions, lots of returning production with a 1st team All-District QB and WR, a a talented freshman class, and a junior/senior heavy roster going into year 3 of the same system. Dropped several close games last year, so mentally getting over that hump and making winning plays/decisions, along with finding 3 offensive linemen will be the biggest hurdles for this team to clear this fall. Being as objective as I can be, this season should be an improvement in terms of wins and losses. But, games are played for a reason. My breakout player picks would be Eric Carr on offense and Devin Legleitner on defense.

Schedule:

8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
4-1 at home. Not playing Fairfield Union will help and we all know Fort Frye is still better. 2-3 on the road. Peyton’s teams have struggled to win close games on the road for some reason. Athens won’t be a push over. Final record of 6-4. Should make the playoffs with 16 teams qualifying.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Schedule:

8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
There LBs on Defense will be solid Strahler, Thompson,and Reader !

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:21 am

Schedule:

8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
4-1 at home. Not playing Fairfield Union will help and we all know Fort Frye is still better. 2-3 on the road. Peyton’s teams have struggled to win close games on the road for some reason. Athens won’t be a push over. Final record of 6-4. Should make the playoffs with 16 teams qualifying.
I would argue the Fort Frye point this year. Years past, sure. Miller, outside of one run, ran for 30-some yards on 4 carries. We had a good game plan for them. His one long one put him over 100, and that was when we were desperate on D. IF Pepper doesn’t get stopped on the 3 inch line early, that game is 14-0 midway through the third - very different. We shut them out at home in the first half. That doesn’t happen all too often. We were as, or more physical, they just expected to win and knew how to do it better than we did. We forget Sealey ran for over 120 on them. They’ll still be good and well-coached, but it’s not the Final 4 caliber teams they’ve rolled out in the past. We’ll be pretty good and well coached too.

Athens is a TVC team. Not overly physical, different game speed. Not as good as the VC teams we beat with worse teams than what we’ll have this year. I’m going 8-2. You do have a point about them losing close ones on the road, so I can’t argue your points too much. If they don’t learn and improve on things that killed them last year, then 6-4 is likely. If they do learn, they are talented enough to win every game on that schedule. Even you would have a hard time arguing that.
Last edited by beg003 on Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:42 am

Schedule:

8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
Legleitner is moving to LB. Finally playing his natural position. Summers is back too. 5 good ones.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:12 am

Schedule:

8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
Legleitner is moving to LB. Finally playing his natural position. Summers is back too. 5 good ones.
Didn’t know he was moving back that’s good ! I also forgot about Summers.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:04 pm

It’ll be the best position group on defense. All 190+ and all of them can run. Excited to see what those guys can do.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:12 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:04 pm
It’ll be the best position group on defense. All 190+ and all of them can run. Excited to see what those guys can do.
Man there defense definitely will be fast now that I think about it!

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:11 am

Schedule:

8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
I would argue the Fort Frye point this year. Years past, sure. Miller, outside of one run, ran for 30-some yards on 4 carries. We had a good game plan for them. His one long one put him over 100, and that was when we were desperate on D. IF Pepper doesn’t get stopped on the 3 inch line early, that game is 14-0 midway through the third - very different. We shut them out at home in the first half. That doesn’t happen all too often. We were as, or more physical, they just expected to win and knew how to do it better than we did. We forget Sealey ran for over 120 on them. They’ll still be good and well-coached, but it’s not the Final 4 caliber teams they’ve rolled out in the past. We’ll be pretty good and well coached too.

Athens is a TVC team. Not overly physical, different game speed. Not as good as the VC teams we beat with worse teams than what we’ll have this year. I’m going 8-2. You do have a point about them losing close ones on the road, so I can’t argue your points too much. If they don’t learn and improve on things that killed them last year, then 6-4 is likely. If they do learn, they are talented enough to win every game on that schedule. Even you would have a hard time arguing that.
Miller was hurt in that game after playing Bellaire the week before therefore the limited carries. It was also in week 4. Playing Fort early in the year is better than week 9. They will be a fine oiled machine by then. To think Fort Frye is going anywhere anytime soon would be wishful thinking. They totally dismantled Warren’s junior high team last year with a lot of 7th graders.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:37 pm

Miller was hurt in that game after playing Bellaire the week before therefore the limited carries. It was also in week 4. Playing Fort early in the year is better than week 9. They will be a fine oiled machine by then. To think Fort Frye is going anywhere anytime soon would be wishful thinking. They totally dismantled Warren’s junior high team last year with a lot of 7th graders.
You also got remember they had a back that didn’t get a carry that game ..😉😉😉

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

By no means am I saying they’ll be bad or even average. This is a game where both teams could, realistically, come in undefeated or with one loss a piece. If you watch the film, we also aligned to them different than other teams and they don’t run where they don’t have numbers. Wing T 101. We helped influence where the ball went. My only point is the game will be another physical, close game that could go either way and to say either team will blow out the other is just crazy. We also played their JH without 3-4 of our best 8th graders if we’re getting that specific, including the QB.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:40 pm

So you’re sayin it’s coaching?🤔🤫😂

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:51 pm

So you’re sayin it’s coaching?🤔🤫😂
Nope saying they had a back also that didn’t get a carry that game

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

beg003 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:20 pm 8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
Wow that schedule looks very favorable for Warren. A lot can change by August, but the toughest non-league game will likely be @ Logan, they will need that game badly before beginning OCC play. Athens will be improved, but they are still Athens. Unless Circleville, Paintsville, or JM are much improved from a year ago, I honestly think Warren could have 6 wins going into TSL play and wouldn't be too surprised to see them start (7-0). The TSL will be a battle all 3 weeks, but week 9 against Fort could be for the league title. Will be rooting for the Warriors weeks 1-9.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Let me guess. #2? :lol:

Return to “Football”