Warren Football 2024

beg003
All Conference

Re: Warren Football 2024

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:42 pm
beg003 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:20 pm 8/23 Circleville (H)
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/4 John Marshall, WV (A)
10/11 Point Pleasant, WV (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
Wow that schedule looks very favorable for Warren. A lot can change by August, but the toughest non-league game will likely be @ Logan, they will need that game badly before beginning OCC play. Athens will be improved, but they are still Athens. Unless Circleville, Paintsville, or JM are much improved from a year ago, I honestly think Warren could have 6 wins going into TSL play and wouldn't be too surprised to see them start (7-0). The TSL will be a battle all 3 weeks, but week 9 against Fort could be for the league title. Will be rooting for the Warriors weeks 1-9.
Like we talked about on the Marietta thread, the TSL will most likely be our toughest 3 game stretch. Point Pleasant is what they are, Fort Frye will be more than solid, and Marietta, although they graduated a good bit, brings back their QB/some linemen and is still a rivalry game where records go out the window. Best case scenario: It wouldn’t surprise me to see Warren and FF both 9-0 coming into week 9.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

beg003 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:33 pm
8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)
Wow that schedule looks very favorable for Warren. A lot can change by August, but the toughest non-league game will likely be @ Logan, they will need that game badly before beginning OCC play. Athens will be improved, but they are still Athens. Unless Circleville, Paintsville, or JM are much improved from a year ago, I honestly think Warren could have 6 wins going into TSL play and wouldn't be too surprised to see them start (7-0). The TSL will be a battle all 3 weeks, but week 9 against Fort could be for the league title. Will be rooting for the Warriors weeks 1-9.
Like we talked about on the Marietta thread, the TSL will most likely be our toughest 3 game stretch. Point Pleasant is what they are, Fort Frye will be more than solid, and Marietta, although they graduated a good bit, brings back their QB/some linemen and is still a rivalry game where records go out the window. Best case scenario: It wouldn’t surprise me to see Warren and FF both 8-0 coming into week 9.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:55 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:51 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:40 pm
You also got remember they had a back that didn’t get a carry that game ..😉😉😉
So you’re sayin it’s coaching?🤔🤫😂
Nope saying they had a back also that didn’t get a carry that game
That back could’ve helped but he could’ve fumbled on the 5 too like the JM game. Coach knows his players. Better wait your turn. Fairbanks is still the man for another year.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:54 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:51 pm

So you’re sayin it’s coaching?🤔🤫😂
That back could’ve helped but he could’ve fumbled on the 5 too like the JM game. Coach knows his players. Better wait your turn. Fairbanks is still the man for another year.
That’s your opinion and I got a feeling I know who you are and I know you was at game and you seen how it happened and who was the one that took them clear down to the 5 yard on his first carry … guess haters come in all ages ! 😂

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Love these threads, good discussion getting ready for the season and figuring out the lay of the land. This is what the site is supposed to be about...not trolling and 10,000 interview posts with players from places I've never heard of.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Like to see Warren and Jackson play again . Maybe start with a home and home.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Jackson Football wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:35 am Like to see Warren and Jackson play again . Maybe start with a home and home.
I’ve been saying this for a long time!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:27 am Love these threads, good discussion getting ready for the season and figuring out the lay of the land. This is what the site is supposed to be about...not trolling and 10,000 interview posts with players from places I've never heard of.
We’ve had our disagreements on here in the past, but I respect your opinions. You and pioneer are both assets to Marietta on this site. I enjoy reading both of your guys’ posts.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Love me some good ole fashioned discourse choppin it up about high school football!

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:49 am

That’s your opinion and I got a feeling I know who you are and I know you was at game and you seen how it happened and who was the one that took them clear down to the 5 yard on his first carry … guess haters come in all ages ! 😂
Yeah, I saw how it happened. An 18 year old blasted a 15 year old in the hole. That happens when seniors meet sophomores. Fairbanks is a senior. Should be his time to shine.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 pm

Yeah, I saw how it happened. An 18 year old blasted a 15 year old in the hole. That happens when seniors meet sophomores. Fairbanks is a senior. Should be his time to shine.
No his Olineman got knocked into the ball 😂 age means nothing if the boy is bigger stronger faster lol you’re a 💯 hater and I think it’s a little more then just football might be who the boys family is ..😉 By the way I got the video of it !

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:15 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 pm
No his Olineman got knocked into the ball 😂 age means nothing if the boy is bigger stronger faster lol you’re a 💯 hater and I think it’s a little more then just football might be who the boys family is ..😉 By the way I got the video of it !
Let me correct myself. It wasn’t a senior. It was a junior (#6) who flat out put his left shoulder into the ball and knocked it out clean. You can say whatever you want about it. I’ve watched the video from every angle possible. I could care less who the kids family is. All I know is Warren has a senior RB coming in this year who deserves his shot at the record books. #2 will get his chances I’m sure (if the coach calls his number) but it’s #22’s team. He’s deserved that role.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Nobody has said anything about Fairbanks but you !! You obviously worrying about Carr running ball or starting which has me wondering what is ur problem with #2 🤔

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:43 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:40 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:37 pm

Miller was hurt in that game after playing Bellaire the week before therefore the limited carries. It was also in week 4. Playing Fort early in the year is better than week 9. They will be a fine oiled machine by then. To think Fort Frye is going anywhere anytime soon would be wishful thinking. They totally dismantled Warren’s junior high team last year with a lot of 7th graders.
You also got remember they had a back that didn’t get a carry that game ..😉😉😉
Let me guess. #2? :lol:
Wasn’t a hard one 😆

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:11 pm Nobody has said anything about Fairbanks but you !! You obviously worrying about Carr running ball or starting which has me wondering what is ur problem with #2 🤔
Why would I worry? I’d run Strahler more too. Another senior next season. Imagine if the coach would just listen to you. Probably win more than 4 games a year.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:34 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:11 pm Nobody has said anything about Fairbanks but you !! You obviously worrying about Carr running ball or starting which has me wondering what is ur problem with #2 🤔
Why would I worry? I’d run Strahler more too. Another senior next season. Imagine if the coach would just listen to you. Probably win more than 4 games a year.
Imagine if he listened to you where we’d be: If I recall correctly, you made the prediction “Sealey will be moved to running back and Carr will be the third string.” Playing a first team all league and district QB at running back doesn’t seem too smart now, does it? Where does Strahler fit into this depth chart of yours? 4 running backs is an awfully deep rotation. You must have a plan to get them all playing time right?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

8/30 Morgan (H)
9/6 Logan (A)
9/13 Cambridge (A)
9/20 Paintsville, KY (H)
9/27 Athens (A)
10/18 Fort Frye (H)
10/25 Marietta (H)

Warren was 4-6 last year and those 4 wins were against teams that combined for an 8-32 record. 5 of those wins were from Point. They were the only win for John Marshall and lost to a 3 win Logan team. Are they really going to make that big of a jump this year? Im sure they will be better but will they be 5 wins better?

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Well… from the jump you’ve been against #2 and I don’t know why !! Nobody’s said a word about Carr starting or Fairbanks you did so to me you sound worried.. 🤔

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am
Imagine if he listened to you where we’d be: If I recall correctly, you made the prediction “Sealey will be moved to running back and Carr will be the third string.” Playing a first team all league and district QB at running back doesn’t seem too smart now, does it? Where does Strahler fit into this depth chart of yours? 4 running backs is an awfully deep rotation. You must have a plan to get them all playing time right?
Fort Frye has done it for years. And from watching Warren last year they are obviously a running offense. Sealey is labeled a QB but by nature he’s a RB. Anyone can throw quick screens and jet sweep passes for “passing yards” if that’s what gets you labeled as a QB. Didn’t really see Warren have a “passing game” but maybe that will change. If you really think about it, having 4 RBs at a D4 school would be a luxury. Even you bragged about how many yards Sealey had “rushing” against Fort Frye last year. Pretty sure he finished second on the team in “rushing”.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:32 am
beg003 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am

Fort Frye has done it for years. And from watching Warren last year they are obviously a running offense. Sealey is labeled a QB but by nature he’s a RB. Anyone can throw quick screens and jet sweep passes for “passing yards” if that’s what gets you labeled as a QB. Didn’t really see Warren have a “passing game” but maybe that will change. If you really think about it, having 4 RBs at a D4 school would be a luxury. Even you bragged about how many yards Sealey had “rushing” against Fort Frye last year. Pretty sure he finished second on the team in “rushing”.
And he threw for 1500+. Not many running backs I know would be throwing for 1500. Also, I believe he was going to be getting moved due to something you called daddy ball. Care to elaborate? You seem to think “it’s coming, just wait!” You also obviously wanted Carr to transfer when you said “he’d look great in red and blue!” So really your 4 RB argument isn’t what you truly think should happen. And you said all of this stuff, so don’t deny it now.
Last edited by beg003 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Football”