Burg releases their 24 schedule: projecting the regular season.

RBH23
S

Re: Burg releases their 24 schedule: projecting the regular season.

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:54 pm
GrumpyPundit wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:54 pm Barring a game-changing transfer, I’ll guess 7-3, losses against Ironton, Jackson, and HP. And I’d never ever pick against them in the playoffs. That’s the mark of a first class program.
4 of the losses i projected = ironton jackson Cincy and Prep are more than likely.

The only so called upset i projected for burg is vs P west and its barely an upset cause West is only a cpl seasons removed from beating burg and winning the soc.

5 - 5 is likely. This is what burg football is now.
Then take the bet and put your money where your mouth is. All I see from you is trash talk without the balls to back it up. I’m willing to wager any amount of money you like on your 5-5 prediction. How confident are you in yourself?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:51 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:23 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:54 pm

4 of the losses i projected = ironton jackson Cincy and Prep are more than likely.

The only so called upset i projected for burg is vs P west and its barely an upset cause West is only a cpl seasons removed from beating burg and winning the soc.

5 - 5 is likely. This is what burg football is now.
5-5 would get all the burg recruiters fired.
Burgs NIL just took a hit. $100,000 just used for a new softball field for the 2 time defending champs. You win at the burg your rewarded. 6-4, 7-3 doesn’t cut it at the burg. Burgs a state power softball school now.
What’s Ironton a state power in? Haven’t been a champion in any sport since their golf glory days in the 90’s.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:58 pm
Burgs NIL just took a hit. $100,000 just used for a new softball field for the 2 time defending champs. You win at the burg your rewarded. 6-4, 7-3 doesn’t cut it at the burg. Burgs a state power softball school now.

Burg NIL 😂 might be the funniest thing I read in a minute! Ironton must got some deep pockets for their NIL!
😂indeed

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:23 pm
What’s Ironton a state power in? Haven’t been a champion in any sport since their golf glory days in the 90’s.
Won’t get an argument from me. Based on the talent they bring in they underperform every yr

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:14 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:51 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:44 pm

Crickets!!!!

He don't have the cahoonies to make that bet because Burg could bring in some transfers that could completely change their game.
I enjoyed letting this thread sit and marinate and observe comments. Lmao.

I learned two things.

#1 this guys doesnt know how to bet because he used the seops football thread/page as his enticement as if its still 1982 and this platform is enticing when its outdated. Idc if i can post here or not. Lmao. Bet money or shut up because cash app and pp and venmo make it easy.

#2 Burg fans expectations = 7 and 3 and another loss in the region in post season play. And Irontons fans expectations every season is 10 and.0 and a run at canton.
How much money do you want to wager? $100? $1,000? Pick your number. And of course it will have to be transferred electronically. Or depending on how much you want to wager, the money can be held in escrow until the season is over. Time for you to step up to the plate instead of just running your mouth.

As for Ironton, is this another year of doing less with more?
I'm going to Vegas soon. You can totally trust me to hold the money for the bet. :D

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

tigercat74 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:52 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:51 pm

I enjoyed letting this thread sit and marinate and observe comments. Lmao.

I learned two things.

#1 this guys doesnt know how to bet because he used the seops football thread/page as his enticement as if its still 1982 and this platform is enticing when its outdated. Idc if i can post here or not. Lmao. Bet money or shut up because cash app and pp and venmo make it easy.

#2 Burg fans expectations = 7 and 3 and another loss in the region in post season play. And Irontons fans expectations every season is 10 and.0 and a run at canton.
How much money do you want to wager? $100? $1,000? Pick your number. And of course it will have to be transferred electronically. Or depending on how much you want to wager, the money can be held in escrow until the season is over. Time for you to step up to the plate instead of just running your mouth.

I'm going to Vegas soon. You can totally trust me to hold the money for the bet. :D
LOL!!

Seriously going to Vegas? Heading there myself in May.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:40 pm Burg will be D5 this year, officially.
More cat piss & broken dreams in the burg come playoff time. 😂

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:13 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:40 pm Burg will be D5 this year, officially.
More cat piss & broken dreams in the burg come playoff time. 😂
Enough of your nonsense, let’s get back to your 5-5 prediction.

You said you are only interested in betting money, so let’s do it. How about $5,000? For a man like yourself living in Northern Virginia, this should be chump change. If that number is too low and not worth your time, I’m willing to go as high as you want.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Ohio1979 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:30 pm

Burg NIL 😂 might be the funniest thing I read in a minute! Ironton must got some deep pockets for their NIL!
Are you saying Burg doesnt get transfers?
It’s just funny saying NIL for high school that’s all

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:15 pm
tigercat74 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:52 pm

LOL!!

Seriously going to Vegas? Heading there myself in May.
I wish. I planned on going for the Super Bowl then Burrow's ligament exploded

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sure they do!! Maybe 1 or 2 every now and then not 5-6 a year for the last 6 years. When are you ironton faithful ever going to accept the fact that without all the talent you have brought in over the last 6 years your program is mediocre at best!!! The saddest part about that statement is you have exactly nada, zero, zilch, NOTHING to show for what you brought in!!

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 pm

Sure they do!! Maybe 1 or 2 every now and then not 5-6 a year for the last 6 years. When are you ironton faithful ever going to accept the fact that without all the talent you have brought in over the last 6 years your program is mediocre at best!!! The saddest part about that statement is you have exactly nada, zero, zilch, NOTHING to show for what you brought in!!
Winning regional titles and having 2 state runner up trophies is still a huge accomplishment. Mostly every SOC and OVC school in the area sets three goals before the season. conference championship,regional championship & state championship. Ironton has homegrown talent even without the transfers.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Great post bfan99. Ironton still has more homegrown talent than the burg...and probably always will. wheelersburg will always be our jealous little sibling. Take away the Vass years, and it's embarrassing.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

LockHerUp wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 pm Great post bfan99. Ironton still has more homegrown talent than the burg...and probably always will. wheelersburg will always be our jealous little sibling. Take away the Vass years, and it's embarrassing.
Irontons program would still be about the same level as the vass yrs without all the recruits. It’s a little embarrassing that ironton fans refuse to admit it.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 pm Great post bfan99. Ironton still has more homegrown talent than the burg...and probably always will. wheelersburg will always be our jealous little sibling. Take away the Vass years, and it's embarrassing.
Irontons program would still be about the same level as the vass yrs without all the recruits. It’s a little embarrassing that ironton fans refuse to admit it.
Wrong, The 2003 Ironton senior class won at every level from jr high and up. 7 Homegrown Tigers earned football scholarships from that class. That class went 15-1 and has the most wins (50) in any Ironton class history. Yes they did have 3 transfers that earned scholarships that year. Perkins, Keys & Fielder. To say “Program would be still be about the same level as the Vass years without all the recruits” is laughable. No way that class goes 3-7, 4-6, 5-5 & 4-6

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am
Wrong, The 2003 Ironton senior class won at every level from jr high and up. 7 Homegrown Tigers earned football scholarships from that class. That class went 15-1 and has the most wins (50) in any Ironton class history. Yes they did have 3 transfers that earned scholarships that year. Perkins, Keys & Fielder. To say “Program would be still be about the same level as the Vass years without all the recruits” is laughable. No way that class goes 3-7, 4-6, 5-5 & 4-6
Two of their best three players! And Fielder was really good as well. Those three had a huge impact on that team! Put those three kids on Burg’s team, and they win the region that year.

It’s crazy to pretend that recruits under Pendleton have not dramatically impacted IHS football. At least be honest about it.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

And burgs so called program with all of the seops touted "superior coaching and culture" has only made it beyond their region like 3 times in the last 30 years. = that is pitiful on its own but it goes even deeper. Pendletons teams head to head have gotten the best of Woodards teams. And will beat them yet again this year.
And the ONLY thing consistent about burg football is they will get beat by Ironton and by Harvest Prep and by Jackson where they have a losing head to head record as well vs all 3 programs. Harvest Prep being the most pronounced. They have made burg their doormat. Those lil soft suburban boys get bounced around and outmuscled and outworked by those city kids at Prep sorta in the same way they fold up when they play Ironton. Idk what burg has to even yap about. It took burg their programs entire existence to accumulate 2 state titles and Ironton did that in 10 years time. And now burg barely gets beyond a 3rd rnd playoff game in a VERY watered down field cause just like the regular season, if they are not playing Minford or waverly or Nw they FOLD like lawn chairs. Lol.

5 and 5 is more than generous of a prediction for a program that has taken a step back in production and success.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm

And burgs so called program with all of the seops touted "superior coaching and culture" has only made it beyond their region like 3 times in the last 30 years. = that is pitiful on its own but it goes even deeper. Pendletons teams head to head have gotten the best of Woodards teams. And will beat them yet again this year.
And the ONLY thing consistent about burg football is they will get beat by Ironton and by Harvest Prep and by Jackson where they have a losing head to head record as well vs all 3 programs. Harvest Prep being the most pronounced. They have made burg their doormat. Those lil soft suburban boys get bounced around and outmuscled and outworked by those city kids at Prep sorta in the same way they fold up when they play Ironton. Idk what burg has to even yap about. It took burg their programs entire existence to accumulate 2 state titles and Ironton did that in 10 years time. And now burg barely gets beyond a 3rd rnd playoff game in a VERY watered down field cause just like the regular season, if they are not playing Minford or waverly or Nw they FOLD like lawn chairs. Lol.

5 and 5 is more than generous of a prediction for a program that has taken a step back in production and success.
Talk talk talk…

No substance, no credibility, nothing! Just talk.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 pm

Talk talk talk…

I agree and I blocked him months ago. Do yourself a favor and do the same. He adds nothing to any discussion he’s in

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 pm

Talk talk talk…

I agree and I blocked him months ago. Do yourself a favor and do the same. He adds nothing to any discussion he’s in
The truth hurts. The people on here who try to equate irontons football program and burgs football program as similar or equal, are operating on emotion and a diluted perception because they are not, in ANY way, trending along the same tranjectory. Burgs coaching staff is getting old and as they age, are losing more and more ground to teams like Ironton and Prep who are in their region. Lets also keep in mind burg has the largest enrollment but the LEAST amount of talent on the filed year in and year out of those 3 programs in d5 r19. And Ironton and Prep enjoy the advantage of having younger and more ambitous coaching staffs with a higher ceiling to improve in comparison to the swiftly ageing burg staff who seems to be very close to being too old and weary to bring the same edge to their program.

Truth hurts bad. Lol

Return to “Football”