Rio Grande Bringing Back Football

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Rio Grande Bringing Back Football

Post by Geronimo »

Just seen that, Jackson again coming back smelling like a rose, they going to play home games on Jackson field.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

UNDEFEATED SINCE 1950!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Jackson will be a great temporary home for Rio. But hopefully Rio gets a decent on-campus stadium built quick to get the program established. Could make them less of a commuter school for their students.

Also hope Rio plans on investing real money into the stadium/practice facilities. Hard to get kids psyched up to play for your college if their high school facilities were nicer than the college facilities (which I've seen from some other small colleges around).*

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Maybe they can get Howie to be the coach. Wasnt he a football coach at Racine once?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:49 pm Jackson will be a great temporary home for Rio. But hopefully Rio gets a decent on-campus stadium built quick to get the program established. Could make them less of a commuter school for their students.

Also hope Rio plans on investing real money into the stadium/practice facilities. Hard to get kids psyched up to play for your college if their high school facilities were nicer than the college facilities (which I've seen from some other small colleges around).*
Overcoming the attrition rate of incoming freshmen classes for the football program is going to be an uphill battle for this school.

shai-halud
Waterboy

Post by shai-halud »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:02 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:49 pm Jackson will be a great temporary home for Rio. But hopefully Rio gets a decent on-campus stadium built quick to get the program established. Could make them less of a commuter school for their students.

Overcoming the attrition rate of incoming freshmen classes for the football program is going to be an uphill battle for this school.
small college football programs make money through generating FTEs

this is about survival, securing the scare resources that is students while the pool of possible college attendees becomes more Arakean

"the Old Man of the Desert"
Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

It would be great to see someone local get this job that could really recruit Southeast Ohio kids. It would be a benefit to be familiar with the schools you are recruiting.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Transfer portal will do wonders for them

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Know Ryan SMITH good luck Should be good for SE Ohio :!:

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Ohio1979 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 pm It would be great to see someone local get this job that could really recruit Southeast Ohio kids. It would be a benefit to be familiar with the schools you are recruiting.
The answer is obvious. HOWIE CALDWELL! He knows everyone in this part of the stte and he is a proven winner at everything he has ever chosen to caoch.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:36 pm Just seen that, Jackson again coming back smelling like a rose, they going to play home games on Jackson field.
Smelling like a rose? So? What’s the point of that comment?
Maybe they could play in the sewer at Gallipolis.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

My point is the ones at Gallia could of had a field but they would not have a name change,so that being said there still in the mud bowl, some smart ones at GA ? :lol:

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Hey, I remember a couple years ago I officiated a game there and I swear I looked over and they had the grass nailed down hahaha

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I wonder who will be their first head coach? If I had to guess, judging by their track and cross country pick, they will shoot for a successful high school coach.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

I would say rob Woodward is high on their list he’s accomplished all he can in high school Gallia county boy

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Footballfan96 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:28 pm I would say rob Woodward is high on their list he’s accomplished all he can in high school Gallia county boy
No

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

packers80 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm
Footballfan96 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:28 pm I would say rob Woodward is high on their list he’s accomplished all he can in high school Gallia county boy
No
Wheelersburg best days are behind them. This could be a good move for him

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

https://www.rio.edu/jobs-opportunities

Posting wants college experioence.

There will be 1,000 applicants with some college experience for that job. And the posting hasn't even hit FootballScoop yet. :lol:

Unless somebody has a good "in" with the people making the call at Rio, no HS coach in the area even gets a whiff of the HC spot.

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

My buddy who was a head coach for his local middle school, and was the president of his Pee Wee league got an email to set up an interview. Try again lol

Return to “Football”