How "homegrown" is Wheelersburg football really?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Re: How "homegrown" is Wheelersburg football really?

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:55 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:48 pm I guess I feel like lil sister can scream at the top of her lungs until she turns blue. She can wear her pirate hat and shake her jugs. Lmao. But she is still going to ALWAYS be lil sis.
Except lil sis has the hardware and the academic achievements. Big sis is accomplishing nothing. Just all talk as usual.
Last time I checked lil sis was CHALK for Ironton & Jackson & Prep. Straight chalk. Lol All the achieving is done? Bored? Wanna try losing for a lil bit? I can't tell.

We hear about all these really crucial advantages afforded these burg kids. Then they get on the field against the 3 best teams on their schedule, 2 of which come right outta region 19, and they SHRINK despite these advantages. Sometimes you can't coach em how to be dogs I guess. That dogs already gotta be in em. Maybe all that plush good pure living in Burgerly Hills made Johnny a SOFT boy?? 😭

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Except lil sis has the hardware and the academic achievements. Big sis is accomplishing nothing. Just all talk as usual.
Last time I checked lil sis was CHALK for Ironton & Jackson & Prep. Straight chalk. Lol All the achieving is done? Bored? Wanna try losing for a lil bit? I can't tell.

We hear about all these really crucial advantages afforded these burg kids. Then they get on the field against the 3 best teams on their schedule, 2 of which come right outta region 19, and they SHRINK despite these advantages. Sometimes you can't coach em how to be dogs I guess. That dogs already gotta be in em. Maybe all that plush good pure living in Burgerly Hills made Johnny a SOFT boy?? 😭
Nothing but talk. Zero accomplishments since ‘89.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

I get the feeling nobody really knows for sure where wheelersburg begins or ends. 😭 Kinda sounds to me like the fix is in. Its not very clear is it? When burg does it its a "family wanting the best for their child" but if another school does it, it is a transfer/recruit? Is that the rule in here?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:02 pm

That burg city limit line kinda hops around huh? Lmao. Is that how it works? What was Lattimore? Wait I know. He was just a kid who mom wanted him to have the best edu & experience right? 😭

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:04 pm I get the feeling nobody really knows for sure where wheelersburg begins or ends. 😭 Kinda sounds to me like the fix is in. Its not very clear is it? When burg does it its a "family wanting the best for their child" but if another school does it, it is a transfer/recruit? Is that the rule in here?
Back to the homegrown discussion…

Did you not see the stats above, or did they just confuse you? I can explain them again if need be.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Bfan99 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 pm Let’s be honest Burg is the best school in scioto county. A lot of families tend to send their kids to Burg even tho they graduated from a different HS in the county, the parents that I know that have kids in HS sports did not graduate from burg. They simply live in the burg district or commute their kid because it’s the best option for sports and academics
So burg has plenty of transplants. There it is.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:09 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:04 pm I get the feeling nobody really knows for sure where wheelersburg begins or ends. 😭 Kinda sounds to me like the fix is in. Its not very clear is it? When burg does it its a "family wanting the best for their child" but if another school does it, it is a transfer/recruit? Is that the rule in here?

Did you not see the stats above, or did they just confuse you? I can explain them again if need be.
Which homegrown burg kid lost snaps to the Portsmouth recruit this past season?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:11 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Which homegrown burg kid lost snaps to the Portsmouth recruit this past season?
So you didn’t understand the stats? Must be your 2 star education.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Really you could say that about every team in SEO.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 am

True, but only one poster from one school constantly bashes Burg and their accomplishments.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Because it's the non-ending continuous argument of competitive advantage based on high CB between Ironton and Burg.

Ironton CB is mostly from transfers in high school. Probably should be higher, but the change of address has been in play for the last five years.

Burg CB is mostly from students who live outside the district in school system.

This has been covered at nausea. Both benefit, and the way college is going, I can see more transfers for both schools in the future regardless. I think college and high school football are not as popular as they once were unless you have a top tier program.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:38 am

Because it's the non-ending continuous argument of competitive advantage based on high CB between Ironton and Burg.

Ironton CB is mostly from transfers in high school. Probably should be higher, but the change of address has been in play for the last five years.

This has been covered at nausea. Both benefit, and the way college is going, I can see more transfers for both schools in the future regardless. I think college and high school football are not as popular as they once were unless you have a top tier program.
One correction: Ironton’s CB has not been impacted by many of the star transfers. Why? Because the kids moved into the district. Example: despite transferring into IHS to start his junior year, Perkins did not add to the IHS CB since he moved into the school district. This would apply to many of IHS’ transfers from around the area: Felder, Pittman, Keyes…

CB counts for those that do not live in the school district of the school they attend. If IHS’ move-in transfers were included in that number, their CB would skyrocket them into D4.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

If interested in how CB is calculated…

https://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/SchoolR ... nce101.pdf

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

if the handle starts in Tri_State yall might as well block them, just some dweeb with multiple accounts and a 12 pack of Mt Dew

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:32 am

True, but only one poster from one school constantly bashes Burg and their accomplishments.
What accomplishments? Lmao

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

So burg has a ton of transplants. There it is again.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

And every single season when burg folds to Ironton and prep and jackson, burg fans on seops start crying about transfers and their superior culture and academics ALL WHILE THEY keep FOLDING to Ironton, Jackson, and Prep. 💯😭

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:12 pm

And every single season when burg folds to Ironton and prep and jackson, burg fans on seops start crying about transfers and their superior culture and academics ALL WHILE THEY keep FOLDING to Ironton, Jackson, and Prep. 💯😭
Amongst the four programs, who has won a state title this century? The Burg!!!

Of course IHS has stood strong achieving less with more since 1989. Keep up the good work :)

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:10 pm

So burg has a ton of transplants. There it is again.
That’s what you took from the stats? That explains why IHS is a 2-star academic school!!

Burg has one of the lowest team % of transfers and CB in the area.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

As someone on the other side of the region, I don't understand why this keeps being a point of discussion. Wheelersburg clearly has strong programs, and if you think it's mainly because of some transfers, you don't understand how football teams win. They can augment an already strong program, but it's icing on the cake, not the main course. If neighboring programs were better, their players would stay. Your team isn't going to the playoffs because those three kids changed teams.

Return to “Football”