How "homegrown" is Wheelersburg football really?

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Re: How "homegrown" is Wheelersburg football really?

Post by Bfan99 »

Deep down I think both communities recognize and respect each others success in football. Let’s be honest both school are the standard for football in SEO, sure you have pros and cons with both programs but each fan base bleeds orange and black and lives for Friday night football. We just need to over look a few knuckleheads on here that represent the schools in a bad light.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:19 pm Deep down I think both communities recognize and respect each others success in football. Let’s be honest both school are the standard for football in SEO, sure you have pros and cons with both programs but each fan base bleeds orange and black and lives for Friday night football. We just need to over look a few knuckleheads on here that represent the schools in a bad light.
Well said👍

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:11 pm
efarns wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:48 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:51 am

I agree 1000% I wonder why so many wheelersburg fans on seops criticize Ironton for it? So that means they are criticizing Ironton for being REALLY good then, correct?
Do you care what Wheelersburg fans think about your team? You don't answer to them. They don't answer to you.
That’s a great point. However many seem to care greatly. So much so that they come onto a thread insulting Burg to complain about the insults directed at Ironton. 🤦‍♂️
No because all you ever see on here is Slander and Insults directed at Ironton and it's not just Wheelersburg fans its also fans from other schools doing it too. I have been a Ironton Fighting Tigers Fan since I was a Little Kid and that Crap of people doing running Ironton down has happened for years. That's probably why I will just stick with watching College and NFL from now on because I can't even stand to watch High School Football anymore because all of this BS.

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:54 pm

Do you care what Wheelersburg fans think about your team? You don't answer to them. They don't answer to you.
That’s a great point. However many seem to care greatly. So much so that they come onto a thread insulting Burg to complain about the insults directed at Ironton. 🤦‍♂️
No because all you ever see on here is Slander and Insults directed at Ironton and it's not just Wheelersburg fans its also fans from other schools doing it too. I have been a Ironton Fighting Tigers Fan since I was a Little Kid and that Crap of people doing running Ironton down has happened for years. That's probably why I will just stick with watching College and NFL from now on because I can't even stand to watch High School Football anymore because all of this BS.
What are you talking about?

This specific thread was started by an Ironton fan.

The Ironton fan started it to slander Wheelersburg! Not to slander Ironton.

So why are you on this thread complaining about slander towards Ironton given that the thread was created by an Ironton fan to slander Wheelersburg?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

RBH23 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:38 pm

So why are you on this thread complaining about slander towards Ironton given that the thread was created by an Ironton fan to slander Wheelersburg?

It's funny how butt hurt Ironton posters get when you bring up the reality that they are a mediocre team the last 5 years without all the transfers and that also they have nothing to show for it!!

They don't want to hear the truth because THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:53 am

It's funny how butt hurt Ironton posters get when you bring up the reality that they are a mediocre team the last 5 years without all the transfers and that also they have nothing to show for it!!

Nothing to show for it is funny how many appearance has other schools in this area been to the state finals! I guess you will come back with they did not win the state. There is not a team in this area that would not love to have Ironton's record period.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:17 am

Nothing to show for it is funny how many appearance has other schools in this area been to the state finals! I guess you will come back with they did not win the state. There is not a team in this area that would not love to have Ironton's record period.
In the 70’s through mid 90’s, what you say is true. Ironton had an amazing program that was admired by all.

Now, it’s changed dramatically. The school is much smaller and their dependency on transfer is much greater. And although many programs in the area may want to swap spots with Ironton, Wheelersburg is not one of them.

Why? I don’t think Ironton’s program is sustainable given its dependence on high school transfers. If that ever stops, their program results would decline dramatically.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

In the 70’s through mid 90’s, what you say is true. Ironton had an amazing program that was admired by all.

Now, it’s changed dramatically. The school is much smaller and their dependency on transfer is much greater. And although many programs in the area may want to swap spots with Ironton, Wheelersburg is not one of them.

Why? I don’t think Ironton’s program is sustainable given its dependence on high school transfers. If that ever stops, their program results would decline significantly.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:54 am

I agree but all programs in both Lawrence and Scioto county would decline. There are transfers into every school that I can think of all the top of my head.

Why? I don’t think Ironton’s program is sustainable given its dependence on high school transfers. If that ever stops, their program results would decline significantly.

TigerBlood00
Waterboy

Post by TigerBlood00 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:51 am
efarns wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:26 am

I'm not sure what you mean. Ironton's program is better than 99% of the region. They also get transfers. That's athletes and families exercising the power of choice, and they choose Ironton. As much as I do appreciate loyalty to your hometown school, I can certainly understand wanting your child to learn what it means to succeed in a great program. Criticizing Ironton and Wheelersburg for transfers is a backhanded way of criticizing them for being really good.
I agree 1000% I wonder why so many wheelersburg fans on seops criticize Ironton for it? So that means they are criticizing Ironton for being REALLY good then, correct?
That's a decent point. That said then, I am curious why the wheelersburg fans are so upset about this post?

Return to “Football”