Ironton QB Edwards was at Elite 11 camp but where was Burgs Qb1?.👀

Tri_State79
Varsity

Ironton QB Edwards was at Elite 11 camp but where was Burgs Qb1?.👀

Post by Tri_State79 »

A very LOUD absence. Trying to find out why?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Ironton QB Edwards was at Elite 11 camp but where was Burgs Qb1?.👀

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Probably studying or something productive so when it doesn’t work out on the field he’s not selling cars.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:16 pm A very LOUD absence. Trying to find out why?
Marion Local, Kirtland, Coldwater, etc. None of them had QBs at this.

Not sure your point. Are you finally admitting that Ironton does less with more than any other team in the state? If so, you are correct.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:35 pm Probably studying or something productive so when it doesn’t work out on the field he’s not selling cars.
I keep wondering how burg kids have all these academic and cultural advantages the seops burg fan base keeps telling us about ad nasuem and a larger enrollment than Ironton and Prep but Ironton and Prep keep owning them? Any ideas? Are the burg players soft from all that plush living in the purported land of milk & honey? 😭🤷‍♂️

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:16 pm A very LOUD absence. Trying to find out why?
Marion Local, Kirtland, Coldwater, etc. None of them had QBs at this.

Not sure your point. Are you finally admitting that Ironton does less with more than any other team in the state? If so, you are correct.
Sounds like it :D

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:54 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:35 pm Probably studying or something productive so when it doesn’t work out on the field he’s not selling cars.
I keep wondering how burg kids have all these academic and cultural advantages the seops burg fan base keeps telling us about ad nasuem and a larger enrollment than Ironton and Prep but Ironton and Prep keep owning them? Any ideas? Are the burg players soft from all that plush living in the purported land of milk & honey? 😭🤷‍♂️
Keep in mind that Burg excels at ALL sports. And Burg is still the last team of the three mentioned to win a state title in football.

When HP and IHS finally get to that level, let me know.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:13 pm
Keep in mind that Burg excels at ALL sports. And Burg is still the last team of the three mentioned to win a state title in football.

To be fair burgs qb1 did struggle mightily last season and looked lost at times. I was hoping it was due to the horrendous coaching on the offensive side for burg but maybe not. I believe this camp is by invite yes?.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 pm

To be fair burgs qb1 did struggle mightily last season and looked lost at times. I was hoping it was due to the horrendous coaching on the offensive side for burg but maybe not. I believe this camp is by invite yes?.
Assume so but no idea.

Burg QB was a sophomore and, in my opinion, was put under too much pressure by the O coach. Will see how it goes this year.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I actually just wanted to troll here & most of your posts. I’m not a Burg alum, supporter or whatever. I actually despise the Burg & think Edwards is a stud. Lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rumors I heard about a week or so ago was that he quit. Several burg faithful made the comment he had been missing lifting and coming up with excuses. Coach called him out and he told them he quit and he had his dad’s permission. If true obviously he had already been talking about it before that happened.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:04 am Rumors I heard about a week or so ago was that he quit. Several burg faithful made the comment he had been missing lifting and coming up with excuses. Coach called him out and he told them he quit and he had his dad’s permission. If true obviously he had already been talking about it before that happened.

Guess now we know why he wasn't there!!

If that is true they will just find a replacement. Not the end of the world. I heard Burg had a Freshman coming in that will be just fine at Q
I can see Burg being more of a running team this year anyways. With Brown and Emnett coming back to run the ball might see the old I-formation backfield coming back with Emnett at FB and Brown at TB. If they need to throw the ball don't see it being a problem. Great receiver coming back in Evans.

Jawnjkang98
Waterboy

Post by Jawnjkang98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:04 am Rumors I heard about a week or so ago was that he quit. Several burg faithful made the comment he had been missing lifting and coming up with excuses. Coach called him out and he told them he quit and he had his dad’s permission. If true obviously he had already been talking about it before that happened.
So wait, QB1 quit on all that superior coaching & culture? 👀

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Hadn’t heard this.

Checked with some folks at Burg and was told that he’s 100% playing.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

They did win a state title with a very easy path. No marion local, Kirtland, Coldwater etc

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

:D
gobucs20 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:43 am

They did win a state title with a very easy path. No marion local, Kirtland, Coldwater etc
:lol:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Where exactly did these “burg faithful” make these comments :lol:

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

It's still a state championship, you can only play who's next. Doesn't make it any less legit. They don't have to apologize for it, or give it back because they didn't play a certain team. Burg is not where Ironton or HP are right now, but as far as that state championship in 2017 - it's a fact - whether you like or not, agree with it or not, or because you feel that they had an easy path it somehow shouldn't count. Sometimes those things work out to your advantage.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Those who think Burg's path to state was easy, don't really understand football. Burg's last three games were all difficult to overcome. But for a reference point here is Cal Prep's hypothetical matching Burg's state opponent with Ironton's opponent. Pretty Even if you ask me in regards to strength. The difference is Burg was able to win.

[2019] Kirtland (OH) 22 (53%), [2017] Eastwood (Pemberville, OH) 21 (47%)
[2017] Wheelersburg (OH) 24 (57%), [2019] Kirtland (OH) 22 (43%)

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Then what’s Ironton’s excuse? They haven’t ran into Kirtland or Coldwater the past few years, yet still no title. Are they unable to navigate the easy path?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:17 pm

Those who think Burg's path to state was easy, don't really understand football. Burg's last three games were all difficult to overcome. But for a reference point here is Cal Prep's hypothetical matching Burg's state opponent with Ironton's opponent. Pretty Even if you ask me in regards to strength. The difference is Burg was able to win.

[2019] Kirtland (OH) 22 (53%), [2017] Eastwood (Pemberville, OH) 21 (47%)
[2017] Wheelersburg (OH) 24 (57%), [2019] Kirtland (OH) 22 (43%)
Now you’ve done it!! Some of these IHS fans get triggered when they see numbers that disprove their theories!

Return to “Football”