Ironton QB Edwards was at Elite 11 camp but where was Burgs Qb1?.👀

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Ironton QB Edwards was at Elite 11 camp but where was Burgs Qb1?.👀

Post by greygoose »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:11 am
greygoose wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:04 am Rumors I heard about a week or so ago was that he quit. Several burg faithful made the comment he had been missing lifting and coming up with excuses. Coach called him out and he told them he quit and he had his dad’s permission. If true obviously he had already been talking about it before that happened.
Hadn’t heard this.

Checked with some folks at Burg and was told that he’s 100% playing.
🤷‍♂️ burg faithful told me so who knows, I cant imagine him not playing though

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:39 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:04 am Rumors I heard about a week or so ago was that he quit. Several burg faithful made the comment he had been missing lifting and coming up with excuses. Coach called him out and he told them he quit and he had his dad’s permission. If true obviously he had already been talking about it before that happened.
Hadn’t heard this.

Not sure why they told you that, but I did ask a person who would know.

I believe he plays AAU ball, so him not being around for weight training may have something to do with that. And may have been taken as “he’s not playing.” But, as you said, who knows why it was said.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:13 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:39 pm

Hadn’t heard this.

Not sure why they told you that, but I did ask a person who would know.

I believe he plays AAU ball, so him not being around for weight training may have something to do with that. And may have been taken as “he’s not playing.” But, as you said, who knows why it was said.
If we are talking about Rucker, he does play travel/AAU basketball. Seen someone on Twitter talking about his game the other day. Really smooth basketball player.
Haven’t heard anything about him not playing football so hopefully it’s not true. I thought he played pretty well as a sophomore. He had alot placed on his shoulders and I thought he handled it good. Had some growing pains which is expected but He should continue to improve his game as he matures

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

markymark1969 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:04 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:43 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:13 pm

Keep in mind that Burg excels at ALL sports. And Burg is still the last team of the three mentioned to win a state title in football.

When HP and IHS finally get to that level, let me know.
They did win a state title with a very easy path. No marion local, Kirtland, Coldwater etc
It's still a state championship, you can only play who's next. Doesn't make it any less legit. They don't have to apologize for it, or give it back because they didn't play a certain team. Burg is not where Ironton or HP are right now, but as far as that state championship in 2017 - it's a fact - whether you like or not, agree with it or not, or because you feel that they had an easy path it somehow shouldn't count. Sometimes those things work out to your advantage.
I think burg was too soft in 2017 to have even competed with the likes of the teams mentioned much less won.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

gobucs20 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:28 pm
They did win a state title with a very easy path. No marion local, Kirtland, Coldwater etc
It's still a state championship, you can only play who's next. Doesn't make it any less legit. They don't have to apologize for it, or give it back because they didn't play a certain team. Burg is not where Ironton or HP are right now, but as far as that state championship in 2017 - it's a fact - whether you like or not, agree with it or not, or because you feel that they had an easy path it somehow shouldn't count. Sometimes those things work out to your advantage.
I think burg was too soft in 2017 to have even competed with the likes of the teams mentioned much less won.
You’re entitled to an opinion but No offense you can’t know much about the game of football. That burg defense was absolutely the best defensive team I have seen in all my years watching local southern Ohio football.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

That’s an opinion based on nothing. Even the computers say you are absolutely wrong in your assessment.

But hey, if that opinion helps you sleep better at night…
Last edited by RBH23 on Sat May 04, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:46 pm

You’re entitled to an opinion but No offense you can’t know much about the game of football. That burg defense was absolutely the best defensive team I have seen in all my years watching local southern Ohio football.
You are correct. That D was amazing. I can’t think of one better in the history of SEO football. Was like watching a Marion Local D.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

:lol:

Return to “Football”