Point Pleasant (WV) to the TVC or OVC? SEOAL?

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Point Pleasant (WV) to the TVC or OVC? SEOAL?

Post by GoBucks1047 »

https://twitter.com/boggstjsports/statu ... 2091394048

According to a source of Paul Boggs of the Times Journal (Jackson County), Point Pleasant (WV) will apply to the Tri-Valley Conference and Ohio Valley Conference. If this is true, is this possibly Jackson (SCOL not interested in Jackson), Logan, and Warren's ticket into the TVC along with Marrieta? Or does Point Pleasant make it to the TVC alone? Does the OVC take them and expand beyond 8 members? Does Point Pleasant also apply to the SEOAL and the SEOAL use this to expand?
Last edited by GoBucks1047 on Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Point Pleasant (WV) to the TVC or OVC?

Post by 93Bulldog »

yea, most coaches hate having 1 West Virginia team in already - doubt the TVC adds another.

Different rules and starting times for sports seasons have been biggest complaints.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Yeah, I feel Point Pleasant's best chance of joining a conference is the SEOAL. The TVC has shown no interest in adding Athens-sized city schools or larger, and Point Pleasant is too big for the OVC. Hopefully the SEOAL takes advantage of the opportunity given to them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I can't see the ovc taking a west va. team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Point should look at the SEOAL as opposed to the TVC or OVC. If the SEOAL could get Marietta to come back as well, all the sudden you have a nice little 5 team league with Logan, Jackson, Marietta, Warren, and Point Pleasant. Realistically Athens should be part of setup like this as well, but they don't seem to be too interested in playing area schools their own size. The TVC won't accept Point. They wouldn't accept Jackson, and like Jackson they would win that league in football 8 or 9 out of 10 seasons. The OVC actually might give Point a look. If they could get someone like Wayne to join along with Point to make it an even 10 schools, the conference could be split into two divisions. That is probably a long shot as well which is why I still think the SEOAL is their best bet.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Another long shot could be the OVC adding Point Pleasant and Jackson then splitting into two divisions.

Jackson
Point Pleasant, WV
Gallipolis
Ironton
Portsmouth

Fairland
Chesapeake
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
South Point

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Vegeta wrote:Another long shot could be the OVC adding Point Pleasant and Jackson then splitting into two divisions.

Jackson
Point Pleasant, WV
Gallipolis
Ironton
Portsmouth

Fairland
Chesapeake
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
South Point
That idea might actually have some legs.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Abe Froman wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Another long shot could be the OVC adding Point Pleasant and Jackson then splitting into two divisions.

Jackson
Point Pleasant, WV
Gallipolis
Ironton
Portsmouth

Fairland
Chesapeake
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
South Point
That idea might actually have some legs.
The OVC could go even bigger and add Point Pleasant, Jackson, Wayne, and Tolsia. Now this would be a really long shot, but I'm just throwing it out there for fun. 8-)

Jackson
Point Pleasant, WV
Gallia Academy
Ironton
Portsmouth
Fairland

Wayne, WV
Tolsia, WV
Chesapeake
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
South Point

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Point pleasant would not be good fit for tvc
Seoal would be better
But either way good luck to a great program

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I like your 10 team OVC proposal Vegeta, but I think the current OVC would be better off remaining at 8 teams unless they expand with schools their size like Oak Hill, Raceland (KY), River Valley, and Wheelersburg and building geographical divisions to cut travel, which isn't too bad to begin with. Point Pleasant is better off joining the SEOAL and the SEOAL adding Marietta. I agree Athens should leave the TVC for the SEOAL to make a decent 6 team league, but will they is a completely different story. You can't rule out Parkersburg and Parkersburg South to the SEOAL either.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

GoBucks1047 wrote:https://twitter.com/boggstjsports/statu ... 2091394048

According to a source of Paul Boggs of the Times Journal (Jackson County), Point Pleasant (WV) will apply to the Tri-Valley Conference and Ohio Valley Conference. If this is true, is this possibly Jackson (SCOL not interested in Jackson), Logan, and Warren's ticket into the TVC along with Marrieta? Or does Point Pleasant make it to the TVC alone? Does the OVC take them and expand beyond 8 members? Does Point Pleasant also apply to the SEOAL and the SEOAL use this to expand?
I'm just glad this topic came up again. It's nice to see it every few weeks or so. Now let the insults to the TVC begin... :mrgreen:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Binary wrote:

I'm just glad this topic came up again. It's nice to see it every few weeks or so. Now let the insults to the TVC begin... :mrgreen:
No you mean let the tvc posters post their giggling emogies

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Poo Bear wrote:
Binary wrote:

No, I said what I meant, let the insults begin. And thank you for quickly posting the first one. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Binary wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:
Binary wrote:
No, I said what I meant, let the insults begin. And thank you for quickly posting the first one. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

No one insults the tvc
Don't put the post on Jackson posters

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

:lol: :mrgreen: :D :lol: :mrgreen: :D

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Binary wrote::lol: :mrgreen: :D :lol: :mrgreen: :D
Nice try Troll

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Binary. Poo Bear. Can we please keep this on topic? This is meant to look at all the possibilities that can occur from Point Pleasant planning on applying to the TVC and OVC and one of them is the TVC going to 3 divisions by adding Jackson, Logan, Marrieta, and Warren with Point Pleasant and moving Athens up. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, but there's the chance we could see a change in heart by the TVC and they look at the potential opportunity that can occur. There's that or they can do nothing and reject Point Pleasant. Who knows? Now let's get back on topic and discuss the possibilities. No trolling please. Same thing for the SCOL expanding topic.

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

Jackson
Point Pleasant, WV
Gallipolis
Ironton
Portsmouth

Fairland
Chesapeake
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
South Point
No way South Point, Fairland and Chesapeake approve this. They pushed for the current OVC to improve the football league, doing this would basically go back in time to 2001 before river valley joined. Everyone seems extremely happy as is.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Yes sir
I shouldn't have even acknowledged his insults
Sorry back on topic

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Binary. Poo Bear. Can we please keep this on topic? This is meant to look at all the possibilities that can occur from Point Pleasant planning on applying to the TVC and OVC and one of them is the TVC going to 3 divisions by adding Jackson, Logan, Marrieta, and Warren with Point Pleasant and moving Athens up. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, but there's the chance we could see a change in heart by the TVC and they look at the potential opportunity that can occur. There's that or they can do nothing and reject Point Pleasant. Who knows? Now let's get back on topic and discuss the possibilities. No trolling please. Same thing for the SCOL expanding topic.
TVC is I think firm in our stance not to take anyone new at this time. We got a pretty good thing going right now. The one exception to that is a little gliche in an open week for us due to the number of teams after we start league play, but everyone works around it.

If we were going to take someone to get to an even number I don't see it being Point Pleasant.

Return to “Football”