What should the Cavs do this offseason?

-varsity-
JV Team

What should the Cavs do this offseason?

Post by -varsity- »

Who should they pursue this offseason to get LeBron the help he needs?

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Re: What should the Cavs do this offseason?

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

a dominate big man like shaq, or bosh... and a taller perimeter guard like a bruce bowen or larry hughes, and i think they woyuld be good to go

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

looks like they are trying to blame mike brown right now with the rumors of a firing buzzing around. he seems like a decent coach. changing coach's right now would only set the cavs back another couple of years imo. i think the gm is just trying to cover his butt.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

One, get a coach. Sorry, Mike Brown showed how sorry he is in the series with the Magic. He was so outcoached, honestly, Ron Jeremy schooled him........

Two, get a mobile center. What has happened to the Magic against the Lakers? I love Paul Gasol's game, he's a complete offensive player, they can't stop him. His defensive skill is deceptive.

Three, I agree with what has previously been stated, get a big guard to compliment LeBron. Hedo Turkoglu absolutely abused the Cavalier guards with his size and ability to shoot after contact. Until the Cavs get someone who can match up, and shut a player like Hedo down, they will not win it all.

Kobe is a good match up on Hedo, but the dude still scores.......He's a dirty offensive player, and very smart.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Pray.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

i have to disagree with you guys on one comment, Mike Brown is one of the better coaches in the NBA... do not get rid of him, he is one of the only coaches left to believe in D... and he is right D wins... he was not out coached by Stan van gundy, the cavs were out matched, if they focused on the outside, they took it in, if we focused on the inside they shot threes... there is no coach who can coach against that, without the right match-ups... get the taller perimiter guard and a good "big"-man and you are good to go...

dumb to blame Mike Brown... he is going to go down as a great coach, and IMO a HOF'er

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I'M a BIG SHAQ Fan!!!Now maybe a Cleveland fan??? If it happens so be it.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

best thing the cavs can do right now is go ahead and trade for shaq, because he will be a nice addition for lebron.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

They need a Coach, sorry guys but watching Lebron and waiting for the defense to collapse is not an offensive set. And the pick n' roll can't be the one and only set you have in the bag. They are still a player or 2 away from having a championship caliber team but they could have beat the Magic with a little more motion in their offense. The guys will carry coach Brown's defensive mindset with them now that they have adopted it no matter who the coach is, defense is about effort and attitude moreso than philosophy in the NBA. Call me dumb all you want but they have done the same thing and relied on Lebron too much with coach Brown, the only difference is this year even he was a little better and Mo hit some outside shots along with Andy playing a bigger role and even scoring a little. They need a PG in my opinion to get Lebron off the ball some but honestly if they stand around it won't matter. If they use some motion away from the ball and some screens to get him free he will shoot alot more layups, dunks, and mid-range shots than this year. Brown has done the same thing for years and honestly, if it doesn't change the outcome won't in the playoffs regardless of the players.

As far as guarding Turkoglu, good luck. I wouldn't try to find a guy just to guard him but some taller, longer players all around would be great. Lewis got the best of them as did Turkey and Petrious (sp). All are long guys with descent athleticism for their size. A 2 man with size would work or a 3 with athleticism would too, Lebron can play 2 or 3. A center that can run woould be great but a guy like Shaq would work too. The bench needs to produce as well and losing Wally world and some of his bench buddies for upgrades would be easy to accomplish and improve the team moreso than ading a starter. catch 22 though because Hickson and Gibson started playing better toward the end and they are young, maybe that could be trade bait for another team or maybe they will develop. Hickson could be okay with a little HGH but Gibson is just a defenisve liability. They have alot of defenisive liabilities but Andy and Lebron make up for some of the slack left by the lesser defenders.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Who are the hot free agents this summer?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Found a list on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... ents-09-10

2009 Unrestricted Free Agents (short list)

Jason Kidd - Mavs
Trevor Ariza - Lakers
Kobe Bryant - Lakers
Lamar Odom - Lakers
Ben Gordon - Bulls
Rasheed Wallace - Pistons
Ron Artest - Rockets
Hedu Turkoglu - Magic
Andre Miller - Sixers
Shawn Marion - Raptors
Carlos Boozer - Jazz

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i dont see anybody except maybe artest or miller that would make that big of an impact , if any? didnt miller start out with the cavs and play well for them?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Yes. Andre Miller enjoyed a good run with the Cavs from 1999-2002.
Stats by season for Cleveland
99-00: 11.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.8 apg
00-01: 15.8 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 8 apg
01-02: 16.5 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 10.9 apg

Career: 14.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 7.4 apg, 46% FG, 80% FT

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

stats are pretty good but dont ya think he lacks the passion/intensity. maybe playing for a championship type team could bring out some inner mojo. he has been buried in sixers land and haven't got to see him play for a while. he can create his own shot though, something cleveland lacks other than james. artest would bring some intensity, put him with james and andy, and thats a nice defensive threesome. it will all depend on whether or not shaq will redo his contract(i wouldnt). he is set to make 20 mill this year and he has said it will be his last(that was a while ago though and the suns were only willing to go two years, two years ago). maybe if the cavs can give him two years, he will restructure his contract. and there's the kobe factor. now that kobe has 4 rings, does shaq try to outdo him and play a few more years? should be an interesting off season.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Very interesting.
I've always been an Andre Miller fan and thought the Cavs should have held onto him, but that's ancient history. I still think he would be a good pick-up for the Cavs.
There's been some talk of the Clippers unloading Zack Randolph and Chris Kaman to make room for them to draft UConn's Hasheem Thabeet.
Randolph is a 20 & 10 guy. Not a true big though.
Kaman's not the answer.
I say dump the dead weight, bring in Shaqtus.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

plus randolph brings some baggage doesnt he?(off court stuff)

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Yeah, he had some trouble in Portland, but I hear he's been a model citizen in LA.
It's so hard to tell.
I fear if the Cavs don't make at least one big move this offseason and one again in 2010 that Lebron may indeed jump ship. And I don't think it will be to NYC ...
Go West, young man!

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

they said today hedo is opting out of his last year with orlando so maybe cleveland will pick him up
but out that list i say carlos who can run the pick and roll with lebron or rasheed who can spread the floor out with his threes or post you up inside

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

with boozer you have the same player that you have in verajao only alot more money. wallace is a nutjob in the twilight of his career. hedo would an interesting pickup. he is getting out of orlando while the gettin is good. he knows it was a fluke that the magic were in the finals. with a healthy garnett, a slightly revamped cavs team, a healthy heat team, hedo knows there isnt any more finals on the horizon for the magic anytime soon plus if he waits until next year he will have to compete with bigger name stars for the contracts. this is a pretty smart move on his part imo.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston or San Antonio try to pull the string on Hedo, although I'm not sure how much cap space those teams have right now.

Return to “Pro Sports”