Stanley Cup 2011-12

mister b
SEOP

Re: Stanley Cup 2011-12

Post by mister b »

Flyers 4 Pens 3
Flyers 8 Pens 5
Flyers 8 Pens 4

Pens have blown 3 straight early leads in all 3 games as nobody on Pittsburgh is playing good.

Flyers are playing on the edge but are keeping their discipline with smart hockey.

Pens are playing over the edge and are playing dumb, sloppy hockey with the puck, on defense and are taking too many stupid penalties.

Asham should get a 1 game suspension for his hit in game 3 on Shinn. Pens had 2 game misconducts as Asham gets tossed for his hit and Letang gets tossed for his fight.

Fleury has played like a rookie in the net as he can't control the puck on shots and has given up a half dozen rebounds for easy goals. Our defensemen are playing terrible and our skill players can't handle the puck.

Flyers deserve to win this series in a 4 game sweep but I hope that we can pull it together and get a win in game 4 but I doubt it.

Going into Sunday's playoff games, all visiting teams in the first round of the playoffs had a 10-5 record to date. Unbelievable.

LETS GO PENS!!!

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

I expect Asham to get more than 1 game.

While I love how physical most of the postseason has been, it's starting to get a little out of hand. Not even using the Pens/Flyers, Caukner pinning a Ranger to the ice and repeatedly punching him. Shaw from Chicago running through the goalie from Phoenix. Just to name some.

Bruins finally looked to turn it up last night. I want out of this series so bad.

Red Wings put on the brink.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pens 10, flyers 3."He's Riding Right Down Red Rooster Road"!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:Pens 10, flyers 3."He's Riding Right Down Red Rooster Road"!
If we ever decide to play defense in this series, we can win it. Our penality killing stinks almost as bad as the goaltenders from both teams. 45 combined goals in the 1st 4 games of this series. That is a new record.

With that said, the Flyers are 7-1 in the Pens new arena which where game 5 will be played.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The dumb penaltys,Fleury's shotty play in the nets,and the D have been the major problems.God know's were scoring enough.So yes,if we could play some decent D and stay out of the box the series could still be won.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My Kings are looking good in round one, but after losing lst night I am a little worried even with a 3-1 lead.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pens win game 5,3-2."Finders Keepers Losers Weepers!"

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:Pens win game 5,3-2."Finders Keepers Losers Weepers!"
Fleury was great in the net.

Our penalty killing is still terrible as both Flyers goals came on 1st period power plays. Our 1st period play was out of control again. Periods 2 and 3 were much better in terms of playing basic hockey.

Game 6 Sunday in Philly.

LETS GO PENS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Nashville 2 Detroit 1

Nashville wins the series 4-1. This one surprises me as Detroit had beaten Nashville the 3 previous times they have met in the playoffs.

Phoenix leads Chicago 3-1. Another NHL blue-blood is on the ropes.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The Bruins are alive! Game 7 Wednesday.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Flyers 5 Pens 1

Flyers win series 4-2 and deservedly so. They simply outplayed the Pens. Pens were terrible in every part of the game. Goal tending was bad by both teams but the Pens were the worst. Fleury played like a rookie netminder in his first playoff series.

Really can't see the Flyers going to the finals or even winning their next series as they have to many weaknesses but they were better than the Pens in this series.

As always and until next year...

LETS GO PENS!!!

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

I'm dead inside

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »