2010 REDS

Who will win the NL Central?

Total votes: 0

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Re: 2010 REDS

Post by oldtrojan »

fuzzhead wrote:I'd like to see the Reds spend a little more money here and there, but I'm not a fan of the "go out and blow tons of money every time you have a bad day at the ballpark" philosophy and that sort of payroll just isn't a reality for a team like the Reds. As GAHS said, the other teams are getting more for their buck; it isn't just the fact that the Reds aren't spending money. The Reds rely on their farm system and it's spawned some pretty good talent recently.
The Reds weren't very successful this last decade, but things look like they've kinda steadied. They've been consistent this decade for the most part (8 years with at least 70 wins, I believe). They've only had one winning season (2000), but they've finished close to the .500 mark for the most part. They have the best pitching staff they've had in the last decade.
Off hand two things I hope the Reds find are a consistent #1 pitcher instead of having to guess who's going to step up any given year and they need a lead-off hitter who can actually get on base.
It could be worse, guys: we could be Pirate fans. . . .

Hopefully I'll be able to get up to more Reds games this year. For my dollar, it doesn't get much better than a night on the first-base line with a cold beer in one hand, a program in the other, and a glove on my lap just in case a souvenier comes my way + a trip to the Reds' HOF before the game.

As always, GO REDS!

Fuzzy I might suggest that you put the progam in your lap and the glove on your other hand just in case that souvenier ball comes your way!! :122249 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Well, I've been catching up on some of the offseason goings-on and it looks like defensively they're set. Offensively, the outfield and shortstop are big questionmarks. The new hire for pitching coach seems like a good one, too.
Remember, this team was arguably the best in baseball during the last month or so last year. They have everyone coming back from that same team. I trust Jocketty; he's one of the top 5 or so GMs in baseball, IMO.

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

anyone have the schedule for the upcoming season?like to see who we play in April.
if the reds get out of the gate early the might have a good team if we play the cards first or the cubs and beat them 2 out of 3 that would be nice.but we need to do that to all of the central div.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

The reds just signed a 30 million dollar contract for a stud out of Cuba with a clocked 100 mph fast ball
and scouted talent that is projected as a solid #2 at minimum, probably a #1!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4813486

Details of the Reds new pitcher signing.

$30 million over 5 years

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Wow!
If this guy is as good as advertised, the Reds could deal Harang or Arroyo and get a decent hitting SS or outfielder. They need a lead-off man.
103 mph fastball?! That's insane.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

This could be a big pickup for the Reds, now they need to start looking at other positions that are in need.

SGHS RBEBELS15
Freshman Team

Post by SGHS RBEBELS15 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:The reds just signed a 30 million dollar contract for a stud out of Cuba with a clocked 100 mph fast ball

So much for everyone saying they wouldn't spend any money :122246

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

That gives me some hope , where there was none.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Saw this kid pitch in the World Baseball classic. He is a stud and is all that is advertised. A little raw, but could pitch on the big league level right out of the gate.

oldtrojan
All State

Post by oldtrojan »

cavalierfan95 wrote:anyone have the schedule for the upcoming season?like to see who we play in April.
if the reds get out of the gate early the might have a good team if we play the cards first or the cubs and beat them 2 out of 3 that would be nice.but we need to do that to all of the central div.

You can find the schedule on cincinnatireds.com

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Hope he pans out.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

This was for me perfect timing...After dwelling on the Bengals playoff loss,The Reds go out and get this young stud.I am ready for Baseball season to roll around! If Volquez gets healthy,the rottation is looking great!!

GO REDS!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

beaverlover wrote:This was for me perfect timing...After dwelling on the Bengals playoff loss,The Reds go out and get this young stud.I am ready for Baseball season to roll around! If Volquez gets healthy,the rottation is looking great!!

GO REDS!!!

He won't be ready until the all-star break!

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:The reds just signed a 30 million dollar contract for a stud out of Cuba with a clocked 100 mph fast ball

If he is that good , why didnt the yankees or boston get him ???????

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ace63 wrote:

Neither team wanted to pay more than 26 million for him.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The Reds need some run support for their front end pitching guys.
If they can get it, then they have one of the best rotations in baseball.
If they can't, then it's another year of waisted quality starts.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Orange and Brown wrote:
ace63 wrote:

Neither team wanted to pay more than 26 million for him.

They made him an offer he couldnt refuse.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Baseball is right around the corner.GO REDS

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

GO REDS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Pro Sports”