Browns beating Steelers at half

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Re: Browns beating Steelers at half

Post by ronnie88richards »

If the Steelers dont win a game in december they will just be like the cowboys :12224 ... haha

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Steely Dan wrote:Something is seriously broken in Pittsburg and Tomlin has no idea what it is, or how to fix it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Steelers might win one more game this year. Don't be surprised if they start out 0-4 or 0-5 next season and Tomlin gets the boot!!!!!!!

If you honestly think that you aren't very bright. I don't give a poop what anyone else says Troy makes or breaks this team. It shows on the record. How do we not have a running game? Mendenhall has been running wild, with the exception of last night. It seems when we lose everyone points out we have no running game. WE HAVE ONE. The browns had our number last night. But the facts are we won the superbowl last year! We have darn near everyone we had before on the team so obviously we still have the talent to win or compete in any game. Something IS wrong, to those of you that say something is broken, Troy is out! The rest of the year is looking bleak for the Steelers. Really tough games ahead hopefully we can end the year above .500.

With my opinions stated here is one more. Excellent win for the browns and I hope they wn a few more they have really competed in the last couple games.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

They fell apart!!! wow!!! Now you will see what kind of coach Tomlin is now!!! Can he fix the problem???

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Steelers have been having problems for years on the offensive line. With Ben taking a number of hits and sacks. Some was his fault for waiting to long. Those hits are taking the toll on him. Then Hines Ward complaining about him to the media. I think that maybe a bigger problem the locker room. Maybe the biggest loss was Larry Foote in the locker room and on the field. The sending of Mendenhal home one week then starting soon after that.

Then losing Troy to injuries. If Troy is the only person who can make this defense go then they need to do something to fix that. The style he plays he will continue to get hurt. Hard to say if any of these had an effect on the teams bad play but they need to find out what it is and if it means getting rid of a good player then they have to.

Maybe it just takes them to refocus and dedicate themselves to training and playing every play. They just can't hang around and win the games at the end.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I said that about the O-Line last season !!!But they won. There not the best line in the NFL ! Not even close!Who will leave after this season??? I would say Parker is gone,Will Ward return? What band wagon will, I jump on if Pitt. is done ???NONE!!! maybe the old man of Minn.
Last edited by BBallin fool on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Steely Dan wrote:Something is seriously broken in Pittsburg and Tomlin has no idea what it is, or how to fix it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Steelers might win one more game this year. Don't be surprised if they start out 0-4 or 0-5 next season and Tomlin gets the boot!!!!!!!

The Steelers have had 3 coaches, including Tomlin, since 1969.They dont make knee jerk decisions.Winning the six championships will attest to that.Seems like some NFL teams have had 69 coaches is 3 years.. :lol:

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Troy Polomalu plays with passion and it is infectious, right now no one on the team is playing with passion. Can ONE player mean that much to a team....YES!!

kentuckyfan11
Waterboy

Post by kentuckyfan11 »

Arians or Tomlin or both need to go and Polamalu back would be a big difference

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:Im waiting for All Bets Are Off on STO tonight to see if the Browns fans fall into the Bengals fans mentality.

The decade of the 90s saw the Bengals more often than not out of the playoff hunt before the middle of October (I remember one 0-8 start) but invariably looooooooooooong after their season was over they would win 2-3 games down the stretch and talk about all the positives and brag about the character of the team for not mailing the rest of the season in.

HOGWASH!!!!

That kind of thinking will only lead to a repeat the following year, and once again the Bengals are the poster child for this certainty.

No, rather than getting excited about being 2-11 instead of 1-12, the Browns need to realize that either record sucks and is unnacceptable, and then look realistically and objectively at their roster and go about the business of building a credible roster.

I have my doubts about Mangini, but given the hand he was dealt and how the roster was systematically made worse as the season wore on, I dont know what to think anymore. I used to know all the Browns players by their numbers. Last Thursday night, with but a few exceptions I had no idea who these guys were,

Somewhere along the way the Steelers got away from what made them the Steelers. They covered up a very mediocre line the past few years by getting pass happy. When Roethlisberger was young, they didnt ask him to win the games; their defense and strong running game took care of that. Now they struggle to run the ball, #7 is the most beat u p QB in the NFL and even he cannot avoid the rush by scrambling and he holds onto the ball too long. That the Browns sacked him 8 times speaks volumes about the upcoming off season in Pittsburgh.

Meanwhile the Browns still do not know if they have a franchise QB (check out the QB stats in the two Browns wins), we dont know what we have a WR in spite of taking two in the second round this past draft, the right side of our O-line sucks, our DBs suck, we need LBs and a TE wouldnt hurt. And that is just to get competitive again.

PS....I still cant believe Pittsburgh couldnt stop Cribbs in the wildcat. Even the talking heads acknowledged that everyone in the stadium knew where the play was going. He would take the direct snap and run to the left behind Thomas and look to cut back. No pass in spite of his QB days in college. BTW...Quinn has the longest streak of passes without an INT in the NFL going. Now if he would just throw deep without throwing the ball out of bounds maybe we would have something.

I thought this was the browns ,pitt post. But since you brought the bengals into it. Your opinion of the bengals in the begaining was dead wrong. check your old posts. browns and bengals mentality ???????? No one knows what your talking about. You have to learn to quit being jealous of the bengals . It seems there recent success really bothers you. Sorry , but think of the good. your team is getting the number one draft pick. Here is your first post in a long time and you still cant do it without trying to bash bengals. The bengals did do better than the browns in the 90s , We went over this before. So if you cut us down , browns were worse. Soooo what does that have to do with the piit, browns game ???????????? Rantings !!!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

cool cucumber wrote:

If you honestly think that you aren't very bright. I don't give a poopy what anyone else says Troy makes or breaks this team. It shows on the record. How do we not have a running game? Mendenhall has been running wild, with the exception of last night.

There was really no need for you to attack my intelligence and try and make this personal. You don't like my point of view, then rebutt it with facts, not anecdotes. If Mendenhall has been running wild, I don't think that Pittsburgh would have lost five in a row, now would they?

My point is, Tomlin is the head coach, it is his responsibility to have the team ready to play, and I can't say that they've appeared to be ready to play in quite awhile. That loss to Kansas City proved that.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

you could have used another team as an example, You didnt restrict it to afc north. I do know one thing, a dig is a dig. Your past post ALWAYS throw a dig to cinci. Why would you change !!!! But its good to see you you on here again . I do know your hate for cinci !!!!! The bengals did win the afc north in 1990 and won there first playoff game . They lost to radiers in second game . No, the entire 90s didnt suck . It did for clevelend. you should have said it sucked for clevleland in 90s and 2000. Bengals also got a second place in 90s . Not the best. but since your comparing the two, iI thought i would let you.
know.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Than again this is the browns,steelers :122246 post. Soooo maybe i will see a post in the future without a (dig) on the bengals . Even my wife can see it :122249

I also have 6 guys here, One is a browns fan. He said thats a dig.

The browns fan said cleveland holds the worst records in the nfl ,in all catagories.
Last edited by ace63 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

here are the worst franchises in the history of the NFL

Cleveland Browns- although this team is full of history and alot of die hard fans, it has never really been a winner. they won championships pre-superbowl era but thats about it. other then that they had some dominance in the 80s but always came up short in the afc championship game.

Arizona Cardinals- they have literally never done anything. theyve gone from chicago where they sucked, to st. louis where they sucked, and finally to arizona where they sucked up until last year. they were so bad that two cities dint want them so arizona got stuck with them. and if you truely beleive that last year makes this team a contender your wrong, it was a fluke and nothing more.

Detroit Lions- where do i get started um they won nfl titles in the 50s, but since this team has been owned by ford specifically william clay ford(hitler, no wait hitler could run a better team) since ford bought the lions its been a long fall from grace, a 50 year fall from grace lol. this team was horrible up until the 90s when they finally won a playoff game, theyre first and only since ford owned the team. they even made arguably the greatest runningback of all time barry sanders retire, he couldnt stand losing anymore. and dont even get me started about the matt millen era in detroit, the lions have the worst winning percentage since millen took over in 2000 till now.

Cini shula is the worst for a 12 game stand in the 90s . Not the decade.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

And you never can campare all that to cinci . There never had a team till 1968. So if you compare those teams it doesnt matter, because they didnt have a team than. Thank god for you they didnt :-D

Winning back than was no more than a divison win. If you think it was the same as today , you are really putting your head in the sand . 32 teams is alot harder than back than . And they are better players. And using history to your point saying cinci losingest team in 90s (high lighted) But they are not the worst team in nfl . I can live with that.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I stand on my previous statement that neither the Bengals nor the Browns have anything in common with the Steelers beginning in the front office, to the coaches, and certainly to the playing rosters. Ive been told that an idiot is someone who keeps repeating the same failures and expects different results.

And keeps repeating and repeating and repeating.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

You see, unless you are looking to limp in with a wild card, you have to beat the teams in your own division first and foremost. Defense and a strong running game are the foundations. To suggest that the Bengals rise in defense from last to 12th is on par with the #1 Steeler defense is a stretch and is IMO the biggest gap between the two clubs. Takeaways is another consideration.

HHHmmm ??????????? we cant be right alllllll the time.
Last edited by ace63 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

as a life long Browns fan,Im not afraid to say it,I HATE THE BENGALS,,,,when my Browns arent on ,I watch the Bengals and root for them to lose.

I had a good day today :mrgreen:

no,it doesnt make my Browns any better,but,I enjoy it anyway :aaaaa8

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

biggdowgg wrote:as a life long Browns fan,Im not afraid to say it,I HATE THE BENGALS,,,,when my Browns arent on ,I watch the Bengals and root for them to lose.

I had a good day today :mrgreen:

no,it doesnt make my Browns any better,but,I enjoy it anyway :aaaaa8

I can respect that :122248

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

as a life long Browns fan,Im not afraid to say it,I HATE THE BENGALS,,,,when my Browns arent on ,I watch the Bengals and root for them to lose.

I had a good day today

no,it doesnt make my Browns any better,but,I enjoy it anyway

I agree, Its the only Ohio team I will never support,

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

So Ozz, if you had to choose, which would it be?
a)root for the Bengals
b)root for the Steelers
c)have all your teeth pulled without any medication

If you choose c, call Rivers up from Cinci, he will tell you the quickest way, is to get drilled by Ward. :lol: ;-)

Return to “Pro Sports”