Cleveland Browns release Derek Anderson

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Cleveland Browns release Derek Anderson

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

The Browns have made some nice moves so far in free agency. Scott Fujita is gonna give some much needed leadership on the Defense. Im glad they got rid of Anderson. He wore out his welcome with me a long time ago. OL Tony Pashos is gonna shore up the right side of the line. Im glad they traded Corey WIlliams he was a virus. I think Holmgren will get a top notch QB coach in there for Quinn and Seneca Wallace. If they make some nice moves in the draft they will be on the right track. Go Browns!!

Leo Byrd
SEO

Re: Cleveland Browns release Derek Anderson

Post by Leo Byrd »

Go Browns :!:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Anderson upset by release, says Browns fans don't deserve winner
NFL.com Wire Reports

Derek Anderson's uneven five-year stint with the Cleveland Browns is over, but he had a parting shot for the team's fans.

The Browns released the one-time Pro Bowl quarterback Tuesday, one day after they acquired backup Seneca Wallace in a trade with the Seattle Seahawks, and Anderson responded by ripping Cleveland fans.

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner," Anderson wrote in an e-mail to The News-Herald, a suburban Cleveland newspaper. "I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured (in 2008, a sprained medial collateral ligament).

"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Now Anderson says he was upset.
Then the Browns are still trying to get rid of Quinn and have Jake Delhomme coming in Thursday. They have acquired Wallace from Seattle. The QB job is up in the air right now. Seems like the Eagles keeping all their QB's gives them room to make deals as the draft comes.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner. I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.
"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and [we] roll them."

He says he was upset, and is sorry. But the true feelings of a person are marked by their initial gut responses.

With a statement like that, I'll take him as a backup in Cincy anytime!!! ;-)

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I can guess 2 million reasons why Anderson was released. The fans can be harsh in Cleveland and I can't defend cheering an injury...but Jeez! We are just hungry for a winner..and Anderson is the latest in a long line of whiners. Quinn will follow him soon out of Cleveland. Time to suck it up and just win, baby! We need a veteran QB and a draftee.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

The Browns just need a new team.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I hope D.A. has a great time with Arizona.

Return to “Pro Sports”