Jones,wilson now bengals

ace63
SE

Jones,wilson now bengals

Post by ace63 »

Posted 2 hours ago

aaThe Bengals have agreed to a one-year deal with safety Gibril Wilson, according to agent Alvin Keels. Ray Savage, a rep for cornerback Adam Jones, confirmed a verbal two-year agreement expected to be signed Monday.

"Adam wanted to show loyalty to the Brown family with the second year," Savage said.

The 6-0, 197-pound Wilson gives the Bengals depth at a position where they were crippled down the stretch with injuries when Roy Williams (arm) pretty much didn't play after September and Chris Crocker (ankle) still won't be on the field next week as he rehabs an ankle injury that hampered his post-season play. The signing gives the club veteran presence in the middle of the field. Chinedum Ndukwe, heading into his fourth season, started 12 games last year and finished third on the team in tackles.

Wilson, 28, has started 80 games, 15 of them last year in Miami, where he had a sack and 72 tackles. After starting 13 games for the Super Bowl champion Giants, he's coming off one-year stints with the Raiders and Dolphins.

As the business day wound down Thursday, all indications are if the Bengals do anything officially with Wilson and Jones, it won't be until Monday.

ace63
SE

Re: Jones,wilson now bengals

Post by ace63 »

They say its a sweet deal, bought jones cheap. bengals could reap good rewards, But his contrct is void if he steps out of line JUST ONCE.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Free-agent safety Gibril Wilson has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals, his agent, Alvin Keels said via Twitter.

NFL ShopMore Cincinnati Bengals Gear >

Financial terms weren't disclosed.

The Bengals continue to fortify their secondary as they also agreed to terms on a two-year deal with free-agent CB Adam "Pacman" Jones, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

The Bengals will be Wilson's third team in three years. He last played for the Miami Dolphins, with whom he signed a five-year, $27.5 million contract last offseason. He started 14 of 16 games in Miami and recorded 91 tackles, then was released.

Wilson signed with the Oakland Raiders in 2008 and posted 129 tackles, 1.5 sacks and two interceptions.

Wilson began his NFL career in 2004 with the New York Giants, with whom he started 51 of 52 games at free safety.

15 Comments | 0 Recommendations | E-mail

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm done! I just can't do it any more!! I'm gonna try and root for the Cardinals or something!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Can't win the big one.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

The NFL's version of the Gridiron Gang......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

both are stupid to me, especially the people we passed on in the draft. i'm in love with my bengals but getting sick of their thinking they can change the spots on leopards, it's freakin ridiculous.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and i'm about as close to the organization as any outsider can be. i know nearly all the office staff, and was president of their fan club for years.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

I think it's a good deal. Zimmer will get Jones back to playing form and will get him back to old feared corner he used to be. Wilson is just another seasoned veteran on the Bengals squad. They both add depth. Overall, because of their coaching staff, this move is a good one.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

You win with talent, not nice guys. The Bengals have been bringing in talented players the past year or two and they are starting to win. The D is gonna be strong and I the recieving core improved with Bryant, Gresham, and Shipley (who I see being a wes welker type). If they can protect palmer and open it up just a little bit more they could be outstanding this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dudes we needed a running back badly. pacman , will do good to ever see the field, gresham is huge , but lacks blocking skills, and has already had a torn acl. but thats the good thing about american, we can all have opinions.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes, you win , with talent, but you also win with character, and heart and desire. things you can't put a stopwatch to.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

newlex/sheridan wrote:You win with talent, not nice guys. The Bengals have been bringing in talented players the past year or two and they are starting to win. The D is gonna be strong and I the recieving core improved with Bryant, Gresham, and Shipley (who I see being a wes welker type). If they can protect palmer and open it up just a little bit more they could be outstanding this year.

So when Jones gets a big head and screws up, earns another longer suspension what do you win with? He is being good because he needs a job and he needs MONEY. Once he gets that he will quickly revert back to good old Pacman!

They are not going to open it up more because they are trying to be a run first team! I wish the Brown Family would sell the team!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I have said it and will still say it that the biggest offseason pickup has been Jordan Shipley. He will be the Bengals version of Wes Welker, he will be "Mr. Everywhere", he will go down the middle of the field, he will go deep, he will be perfect on wideout screens. He will do the job that Gresham is getting paid first round money to do for us.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Orange and Brown wrote:
newlex/sheridan wrote:You win with talent, not nice guys. The Bengals have been bringing in talented players the past year or two and they are starting to win. The D is gonna be strong and I the recieving core improved with Bryant, Gresham, and Shipley (who I see being a wes welker type). If they can protect palmer and open it up just a little bit more they could be outstanding this year.

So when Jones gets a big head and screws up, earns another longer suspension what do you win with? He is being good because he needs a job and he needs MONEY. Once he gets that he will quickly revert back to good old Pacman!

They are not going to open it up more because they are trying to be a run first team! I wish the Brown Family would sell the team!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the sound you hear is the hammer hitting the nail right on the head, i'm sick of head cases in cincy. if we hurry , we can still get T.O. WHY NOT. we are starting to look like a penal league team again.

Return to “Pro Sports”