Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i know lesnar by no means isn't just anybody, but no one has got past the first round with carwin, he too , is a beast. should be a great bout.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

The_Legend_of_Northwest wrote:
boogerred wrote:
That is why I mentioned the not being taken down in his senior year. A shot is a wrestling move.

Oh, I'm sorry, i need to clear what I meant, I meant that Carwin might shoot on Lesnar, will that work? I dont think so. I think Carwin will put Lesnar on his back with a punch or a trip from the clinch.

Although wrestling and MMA are totally different sports, they are very similar. I would say that wrestling is part of MMA. Of course in wrestling, you dont have to worry about someone punching you in the head when you try to shoot for a double-leg takedown.

But I believe that his take down defense which is part of both wrestling and MMA must be considered. Brock, who wrestled as a heavyweight in college, most definitely went up against takedown attempts from a collar-tie or an over-under position, (which is probably the closest thing to a clinch in MMA.)

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

I see what your saying and I would be an idiot to think that Lesnar TD defense is no good. The TD from the clinch though, is possible if Shane has Lesnar against cage which is something he has never experienced in a wrestling match.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

If this was Lesnar before the abdominal issues and the instetinal disease that nearly cost him his life,
then I'd say Brock wins big.

But, I have to wonder how those issues will effect him, and how he will react when Carwin starts with the body shots.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i agree dubs.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Only one way to find out...ring the bell sucka schools in! :mrgreen:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

Lesnar wins by triangle choke in the 2nd round. He almost got KOd in the 1st but survived. Great card! There wasn't a bad fight all night, well worth the money

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

I think Carwin showed he is a better fighter. If he had ever been out of the 1st round before he probably would have won.

Also, big props to Brock for showing great heart to get through a very rough 1st round.

mohawk, youre right the fights tonight were great, only one I missed was one of my favorite fighters George Sot getting his victory over Pellegrino.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

If he was the better fighter he wouldn't have lost.....lol

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

According to that logic, Mir was better than Lesnar the 1st time they fought (No matter what Mir says he wasnt), Keith Jardine is better than Chuck Liddell, and Forrest Griffin is better than Shogun. In MMA the best fighter doesnt always win. Or else Shogun would be undefeated.

Lesnar is better than Carwin in one area: CARDIO. and it won him this fight. His wrestling did nothing except take down a very tired man. The submission was okay but would have never been pulled off he was fighting a fresh fighter.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Lets also remember this is still fight number 5 or so for Lesnar, give the guy some credit pulled off a submission when EVERYONE thought that this fight would end by KO.

whitey
Riding the Bench

Post by whitey »

What now Lesnar haters? He was off a year due to sickness and came back and beat the fighter on the biggest hot streak.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

YTB wrote
I'M BETTIN ON SHANE CARWIN, UNLESS THE BEAST GETS HIM TO THE MAT. CARWIN HAS SOME VERY HEAVY HANDS, AND BROCK IS STILL VULNERABLE TO SUBMISSION HOLDS IN MY OPINION. BUT GIVE HIM 5/6 MORE MONTHS TO LEARN THE MARTIAL ARTS LESNAR WILL WIN AS MANY AS HE WANTS , IF HE STAYS HEALTHY

As soon as I seen this I thought, hmmm I should sell everything and bet it all on Brock.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I told you guys Lesnar can take a hit. He took Carwins best shots that put down numerous other guys and then he tapped him out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

didn't see it but heard it was great to watch , i like the heck outta both of em.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

What a great fight! The first round was very good but you could tell that Carwin's cardio was lacking. Lesnar was able to take down a tired Carwin and submit him in the 2nd. Although in my opinion if this was any other fight other than a title fight then it would have been stopped in the 1st round. I hope to see a rematch hoping that Carwin improves his cardio.

In other news pending Lesnar's health it will be Velasquez vs Lesnar next.

Return to “Pro Sports”