YOU BE THE GENERAL MANAGER

The General
All State

Re: YOU BE THE GENERAL MANAGER

Post by The General »

The things I see Jock doing as of today...8-7-2010...(But,of course,things can change so quickly in this game)1.Sign Joey to a long-term contract. 2.Resign Bronson Arroyo 3.Give Harang the 2 Mill buyout 4.Trade Coco and eat what you have to. I would love to see the club NOT RESIGN O-Cab. Keep Hernandez until you are sure what you have with Devin Mesoraco. Resign Jonny Gomes. Put together a package including Yonder Alonso,Homer Bailey,Zach Cozart,and any Red Minor leaguer not named Mesoraco,Chapman,Hamilton,or Yormon Rodriguez and trade for Hanley Ramierez,and then move him to LF. Find someone,anyone,to get Jay Bruce fixed.Janish is better than Cabrera right now and he will be fine until Billy Hamilton arrives and it wont be long. Increase the payroll to 80 Mill Cast. and you can get this done :-D ......Come on Bob....you got it on ya :12223

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Send Herang packing, use the salary left to increase Volquez in pay sign LeCure and Wood to better deals and look for bull pin help.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Not after The Big Doggie and The Hawk had a little talk with him :) Great hitter and young man.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You give Votto as much as it takes for as long as you can wrap him up., Harang gets sent packing, Coco will be shopped around but they will have to eat some green to get rid of him.
Bailey is a good pitcher but I feel he will either be moved to the bullpen forever, or traded. For the next few years the Reds need to try and hold on to what they have. Nix will work cheap so they shouldn't have any problems keeping him around if they want to. I think the Reds could get some nice value for Malony......There are a lot of tough decisions to be made. There are some players who are going to be playing for there jobs the rest of the way.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

The 1st thing I would do, is give Cordero his walking papers.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I really think if the Reds can't get Gomes to sign a new 3 or 4 year contract he may be on the block come winter meetings. If they do redo his contract and lock him up then Dickerson will be shopped around.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I didn't know Cordero made that much ($12 mil plus). Him and his agent need a gold medal for getting that contract out of the Reds. What's he get, 100 innings a year with just about as many walks given up probably. Get him the #$%^ out as quick as possible. Let Harang take a walk also, there's darn near $25 million a year saved right there after next year. You've got to keep the other player's listed (starter's and utility) as most are young and will have salary arbitration (raises for sure) coming up shortly. There's no way that Harang and Cordero should be making double in one year what all the other young player's listed are making. Rolen is well worth his pay for his bat, power, defense and leadership.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

FANOSPORTS wrote:I didn't know Cordero made that much ($12 mil plus). Him and his agent need a gold medal for getting that contract out of the Reds. What's he get, 100 innings a year with just about as many walks given up probably. Get him the #$%^ out as quick as possible. Let Harang take a walk also, there's darn near $25 million a year saved right there after next year.
Harang has been a good pitcher this year! He had a rough start..I agree he will be gone after this season but people forget that over the last few years he has been one of the most productive pitchers in baseball.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Actually Orange.....Harang has won about 15 GAMES the last 3 years. And not only that,his stuff has become quite pedestrian. So I have answered you and we are even. Now I like you again. Unless you want to....... :-D

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Orange and Brown wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote: Harang has been a good pitcher this year! He had a rough start..I agree he will be gone after this season but people forget that over the last few years he has been one of the most productive pitchers in baseball.
Did you stop watching baseball for 3 years?
Herang has been a hack job for three years now.

Blame it on run production and offensive help (lack there of) if that makes you feel better,
but when it comes down to it, he has not been getting the wins.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote: Harang has been a good pitcher this year! He had a rough start..I agree he will be gone after this season but people forget that over the last few years he has been one of the most productive pitchers in baseball.
Did you stop watching baseball for 3 years?
Herang has been a hack job for three years now.

Blame it on run production and offensive help (lack there of) if that makes you feel better,
but when it comes down to it, he has not been getting the wins.
He had the lowest run support in the NL for2 straight years. Do you even know how mnay games he left in the 6th,7th and 8th innings being down 1-0 or 2 or 3-0?

The stats don't lie. Last year harang got injured and he started losing his fastball. This year he started off rocky but came around and put together 6 or 7 good starts before getting hurt again. Apparently you haven't watched baseball the last 3 years.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I've watched plenty, plenty enough to know that when Herang takes the mound you have to figure on a Reds loss
more often than a win.

Didn't used to be the case.

If I look at a scorecard and see Herang as the starter, I know I'm in for a long aggrivating night.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Bruce is playing good. Would be crazy not to resign

Return to “Pro Sports”