2010-2011 NBA Finals

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: 2010-2011 NBA Finals

Post by FANOSPORTS »

gahs4ever wrote:Officiating? IN the NBA? You have got to be kidding me! The stars get treated with kid gloves and everyone else has to have blood drawn to get a call. These guys play football without the pads for the very few calls that are made.
And flop pretty unconvincingly when the others aren't made !!!!! It's pretty bad when anytime a "star" commits a foul and argues every time, there a no "T's" given. I'd give'em one just for the lip service they give (because of TV of course) after every foul they do get called for.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Game 4 has been pretty disappointing for me so far. The highlight of the night so far is Dirk missing his first free throw of the series. Bosh is putting up the points tonight but he could have 30+ at this point if he would make a few of the chip shots hes been given. Lebron hasent been a factor in this one offensively other than occasionally finding a teammate for an assist. Wade has to take over down the stretch if they plan on winning this one.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Very bad game last night the Heat need to win game 5.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Out of all the playoff games Jordan played in 22 points was the fewest points he ever scored. So please don't try to compare Lebron to Jordan. I don't think that Lebron is even the best player on his own team.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

gahs-4ever, you are giving Lebron too much credit. He only scored 8 points last night not 14.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

James is Know MJ at this time!!! NO WAY NOT EVEN CLOSE.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Dallas has a 3-2 lead. Just win one in Miami but to do that the bench will have to come up big. LeBron has just been wandering around the floor the last couple of games. I hope he does it for one more game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

it is all fixed

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

noreply66 wrote:it is all fixed
Makes you wonder. Is ANYTHING in sports real anymore? Sometimes I feel like a fool being a fan. I'd go back to youth sports but I saw a T-Ball coach thrown out of a game there so ...................

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

noreply66 wrote:it is all fixed
Seems that way to me also. I watched LBJ pass the ball way to many times last night. If he would play like he did in Cleveland and take the ball to the rack this NBA finals would already be over with.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Bookie!!! 7

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Someone aske LBJ for change for a dollar and only got 75 cents back.

Apperantly he never gives the 4th quarter!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The Mavs need to go all out this next game and take the series. LeBron will probably have other chances before he retires but there have been other great ball players that never got a ring and I hope he remains in that class.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

He is a clown and "The Legend" has nothing to worry about. By the way I LOVE the commercial. He WOULD eat his lunch.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

LeBron and D. Wade making fun of Dirk after they just got beat to go down 3-2. Thats shows me a lot about their character. I hope they get blowed out in game six but the refs will probably never let that happen. Wade should have been called for a charge last game.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Making fun of Dirk on camera wasn't smart, but players do this kind of thing all the time in the locker room. You're really going to judge their character based on that when you have athletes going out and commiting criminal acts, yet you don't say a word about that? E:60 did a special on Dwayne Wade and his mother and after watching that and seeing what Wade went through as a kid I have a tremendous amount of respect for him not just as a Basketball player, but also as a human being. I don't understand how you people can judge LeBron's or Wade's character based on what you've seen from them. They have never been in trouble with the law. I can understand you folks criticizing LeBron's fourth quarter struggles, or the Heat's struggles on offense, but there is no need to bring them down as people. Are they arrogant? You betcha. But so is every other professional athlete: the difference is that the media invades their lives more because of their star power, therefore making it look like they are more arrogant than the others.

As far as the series, Dallas seems to be in command but I would not count out the Heat yet. Give the Dallas defense credit for slowing down LeBron. Shawn Marion guards him as well as any player that I have seen attempt to do so. Wade was guarded well by Bogans in the Chicago series and he was neutralized, and the same is happening in this series this time to James. Miami has to get more motion in their fourth quarter offense instead of just letting LeBron and Wade go 1 on 1 every possession. Dirk has been amazing on offense as usual, and I don't see that changing in Game 6. The players that will make or break Dallas are Jason Terry and J.J. Berea.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Dallas shouldnt have been counted out period. They have the most well put together team in the NBA and vets like Dirk and Kidd are hungry for their first title. The media was just riding the popularity wave of this Heat story and gave the team from South Beach the title before the series even started. With that being said I do think the Heat will salvage these next two games and win the title. They have been up in the fourth quarter in every game this series so both of the next two will undoubtably follow that trend. With the calls leaning their way at home, just like they did in Dallas, I think it will be slightly harder for the Heat to give up the lead like they have in everyone of their losses.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

gymrat88, I am talking about their character as basketball players. I don't know anything about their personal life and don't care to. Do you think Jordan, Bird or Magic would be making fun of a player that just put their team down 3-2 in the NBA finals? I think they would be mad and working hard to win the next game. Maybe that is why they all have multiple rings and Lebron doesn't have one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

HAHA!! GO MAVS!!!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

I thought it was really funny that D would make fun of Dirk playing through a 102 temp when D spent half of last game in the locker room crying about his hip. :cry: :cry:

Return to “Pro Sports”