2010-2011 NBA Finals

gymrat88
JV Team

Re: 2010-2011 NBA Finals

Post by gymrat88 »

gahs4ever wrote:Actually gymratt it does. Cleveland haters (how do you like having that turned around) blamed Cleveland for not surrounding him with championship supporting cast. He then hand picked his new team with three All-Stars and at least two future HOFers, and they couldnt win.

As for Bosh and whose jock he cant carry, Bosh was all Miami had in the finals. If the other two had played to his level, there would be a game 7, or perhaps Miami would have already won.

I am not surprised about James lack of class demonstrated before game 6 and in the post game press conference, but Wade did surprise me in that regard. Their attempt at ridiculing Dirk was not well received; nor should it have been. Looked like high school kids.
Actually it doesn't. The Cavs failed to win a title because of a lack of supporting cast around LeBron and lack of coaching. The Heat didn't win the title this year because of a lack of confidence in their late game abilities. The only time LeBron EVER performed to the level in which he did in these Finals while in Cleveland was Game 5 vs. Boston last year. Even in Game 6 he had 27 points 19 rebounds and 10 assists.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

It was said they looked like high school kids. That is right on. The one from Akron should have went to college. He hasn't matured at all. The NBA is not the place to actually learn anything other than how to be more arrogant possibly.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

gahs- I can't believe you don't give Dallas any credit for the Heat's late game struggles and blame it all on Miami. The Heat also had close games if you recall against Boston and Chicago, and the Heat and primarily James closed them out. Game 4 vs. Boston: a 3 in front of their bench to take a 3 point lead, Game 5 vs. Boston where James scored the last 10 Heat points to win by 10, throughout the Chicago series with his defense on Rose and also clutch performances of Games 4 and 5 in that series. Did he seem to fail under the pressure of this series? Yes. But this series and the struggles of Cleveland are not related in any way. And give credit to Rick Carlisle for making great adjustments that won this series for Dallas: like starting JJ Berea who broke down the Heat D, playing zone defense to keep James and Wade out of the paint, playing a deep bench to exploit the lack of bench for Miami.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

You can love LeBron all you want gymrat88 but he choked he averaged 3 points a game in the 4th quarter of the finals. His arrogant altitude brought this on himself. He is still arrogant and hasn't learned from this. Just listen to his post game interview. Not only is he disliked by the fans but other players and basketball personnel were happy to see him fail. Wade would be better to separate himself from LeBron before he becomes disliked.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Charge wrote:You can love LeBron all you want gymrat88 but he choked he averaged 3 points a game in the 4th quarter of the finals. His arrogant altitude brought this on himself. He is still arrogant and hasn't learned from this. Just listen to his post game interview. Not only is he disliked by the fans but other players and basketball personnel were happy to see him fail. Wade would be better to separate himself from LeBron before he becomes disliked.
First of all, I agree with Dwayne Wade that the word "choke" is overused in sports. LeBron had bad games in these finals there is no questioning that, and there were times when he looked totally intimidated and frightened by the situations at hand. You people keep using the term "arrogant". NAME ME A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE WHO IS NOT ARROGANT! ALL pro athletes have a big ego, because it takes a big ego and arrogance to win, whether you like that or not. Michael Jordan: He was one of the most arrogant players to ever play Basketball. Also, you talk about LeBron's postgame comments: DID YOU LISTEN TO JORDAN'S HALL OF FAME SPEECH? It was one of the most pompous, arrogant speeches I have ever heard. You don't mention him because he won championships, and somehow winning championships is supposed to forgive your faults. You talk about LeBron's post game interview: when you are being called everything from LeQuit, LeChoke, to Witless, and The Frozen One, you are going to respond to that in a hostile manner. Especially when reporters ask you for 5 questions in a row about choking, quiting, and failing. Did he bring some of it on himself by not playing well and looking intimidated? Yes. But that doesn't give people a right to blast him AS A PERSON, which I have read a lot of on this forum. When you guys want to blast James' game, that's fine, because he deserves to be criticized after this series. But you and many other people take it a step further and blast his character, and him as a person.

This is a qoute by Tim Legler on LeBron's postgame comments, speaking to the context of people taking it like you guys have: "That's obviously how it's going to be depicted and portrayed because that's what people want to do right now: pile on, bury this guy while he is down."

Again, gahs and charge, you two and others on this thread keep saying things along the lines of how the "majority" hate him, or "everybody" dislikes him. Just because you are in the majority what makes you think that somehow makes it ok to continue to blast this guy not just as a Basketball player, but as a person? What's popular is not always right.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

He choked and is getting what he deserves. Yes he is such a great person making fun of Dirk and running down the very fans that made him the rich spoiled brat that he is. Please don't play a Jalen Rose with the attacking the personal life stuff. Why ESPN would even give Jalen Rose a job. I had to laugh today when he was attacking Skips character after he just got picked up for drunk driving. Dan Issel had to quick coaching to keep from beating this punk to a pulp. I would like to see them bring Jordan on the show with Rose.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gymrat88 wrote:gahs- I can't believe you don't give Dallas any credit for the Heat's late game struggles and blame it all on Miami. The Heat also had close games if you recall against Boston and Chicago, and the Heat and primarily James closed them out. Game 4 vs. Boston: a 3 in front of their bench to take a 3 point lead, Game 5 vs. Boston where James scored the last 10 Heat points to win by 10, throughout the Chicago series with his defense on Rose and also clutch performances of Games 4 and 5 in that series. Did he seem to fail under the pressure of this series? Yes. But this series and the struggles of Cleveland are not related in any way. And give credit to Rick Carlisle for making great adjustments that won this series for Dallas: like starting JJ Berea who broke down the Heat D, playing zone defense to keep James and Wade out of the paint, playing a deep bench to exploit the lack of bench for Miami.

Lebron sucked so bad in the 4th Quarter of the finals that Dallas just let him shoot whenever he wanted to. They let him take any shot he wanted because they knew he was and is a choker!

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Charge wrote:He choked and is getting what he deserves. Yes he is such a great person making fun of Dirk and running down the very fans that made him the rich spoiled brat that he is. Please don't play a Jalen Rose with the attacking the personal life stuff. Why ESPN would even give Jalen Rose a job. I had to laugh today when he was attacking Skips character after he just got picked up for drunk driving. Dan Issel had to quick coaching to keep from beating this punk to a pulp. I would like to see them bring Jordan on the show with Rose.
Jalen Rose is a great analyst and is one of the only objective ones on ESPN who doesn't like to make their living off of running marathons, fantacisizing about what it's like to play pro sports, and mindlessly bashing LeBron like Skip Bayless.

Let me give you a quick Sports Sociology lesson. When Bayless calls Chris Bosh "Bosh Spice", he's not just saying that he plays soft. He's challenging his masculinity as an individual, and also inferring that Women aren't meant to play Basketball because they are too soft. This is called gender ideology. And just because he gets picked up for drunk driving, that doesn't do anything to his character. It's called a mistake, and people learn from them.

Here's the thing with you guys and LeBron: you hold his game to the standards of Michael Jordan when nobody had the killer instinct or the will to win he had, and you hold his character to the standards of a saint. Yet you ignore other players who don't measure up nearly to the level of play of James and let a lot of other character issues with other athletes go. You just want to use any excuse you can to pick on this guy just to try and boost your own egos and what you think you know about Basketball.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I will take skip calling Bosh Spice any day over some idiot getting behind the wheel of a car driving drunk and taking a chance on killing some innocent person. Jalen Rose is a piece of crap, he tried to belittle Grant Hill for going to Duke. He ran his mouth to Dan Issel when he was his coach and Issel pinned him up against a wall and had to resign. Yea he is a great analyst alright trying to act like Jordan wasn't that good.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

If I was LeBron I would bash Cleveland too. After people talk so much crap about you that gives you the right to talk some smack back. If you watched game 6 and seen how immature Dashawn Stevenson was it was funny. Even Jeff Vangundy spoke up and said every talks about LeBron being immature but other guy on the court can do it and no one says anything to them. Its because the spotlight is on LBJ and no one else can see what the other immature players in the NBA are doing. But when it comes down to it I was watching on ESPN lastnight that the NBA rating are higher now than they have ever been because people still want to see LeBron. Also guess who had the highest jersey sales..............LeBron "KING" James. So as much as you people bash him he is still the most popular athlete in the world.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

There is a difference in being the most popular and the most disliked. He is the most disliked player in the NBA by fans, other players and former players. ESPN said the ratings were the highest because so many people watching was watching to see the Heat lose. You are living in denial and can't face the facts.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I think people really like him and just act like they dont

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Super Trooper wrote:I think people really like him and just act like they dont
Thats right. If he is not the most popular than why did he lead the NBA in jersey sales? So that people can spend 80 bucks on a jersey to burn it. NO. Its because like it or not he is the most popular athlete in the world. LeBron is talked about daily when the last time you heard a story daily about Kobe, Peyton Manning, or A-Rod? You dont that because everyone wants to know what going on with The KING. :122249

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Rebels on 3 wrote:If I was LeBron I would bash Cleveland too. After people talk so much crap about you that gives you the right to talk some smack back.

The monkey poo-slinging from Clevelanders didn't come until after The Brainfart, I mean The Decision.

He wanted to be the bad guy. Be careful what you wish for.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

gahs4ever wrote:Some of you people ARE living in denial.

He WAS arguably the most popular athlete in the world. NOW, without a doubt he is not only not the most popular in the world, but not even in his own NBA.

You can blame Cleveland for being naive enough to think that James was a man of his word, and you can blame them for feeling betrayed (and they were). All Cleveland is guilty of is worshipping the fool when he wasnt worthy of their praise; I dont care how many games he won or how many MVPs.

He IS the most hated athlete in the NBA and he has no one to blame but himself for that. When him and Wade went off on their coughing spells for the camera it was Dirk who cautioned his team mates NOT to respond or retaliate. That is class; something those two Miami thugs could learn something about.

The one I felt sorry for was Bosh who stumbled and fell on the way back to the locker room because he was sobbing so hard. He is the one Heat fanes now want to get rid of and he was the only one who showed up for Miami. I can understand that illogic out of people who think the sun rises and sets in James. Your entitled to your opinion as I am mine, but it seems like an awful lot of people who live around this country who are not from Cleveland seem him the same way I do.
There you go again with the personal insult: "those two Miami thugs". So you're telling me that making a joke about someone makes you a thug? Because if that's the case then I guess everyone one Earth at one time or another have been guilty of being thugs. Has James brought some of the hate on himself? Some, but not all of it. I would argue that 75% of the venom spewed towards him is created by the media, and fans who just want someone to pick on.

To use your word: I'll tell you what looks like thug behavior: burning somebody's jersey in the street. This is what I blame Cleveland for: all you hear from that place is CONTSTANT WHINING (Not to be confused with constant winning) about how they can't win a championship. I think what Clevelanders need to do is just shut up. You want to talk about Heat fans being bandwagoners, Cleveland fans get on the bandwagon of any team who might beat the Steelers, Heat, or any of their other rivals. The term "Mavaliers" is the biggest joke I have EVER heard. I don't think Dirk Nowitzki gives a crap about Dan Gilbert and his asinine personal vendetta against LeBron. You want to know why Gilbert is upset and why Cleveland business owners hate LeBron? MONEY! They never cared about LeBron as an individual or what he did for their city, IT WAS ALL ABOUT HOW THEY COULD USE HIM! BTW- I don't rule out the racism factor in some of the hate spewed towards James, or the way SOME, NOT ALL Clevelanders viewed LeBron. I think to some LeBron was like their slave who was going to go out and win them championships and make them look good. I'm not a Cleveland hater, I'm not a Cleveland fan and I don't have blinders on, therefore I can see the forrest for the trees.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:122246 Some people are obsessed with his highness king James^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey did you all know that Lebron walks on water and we are not allowed to say bad things about him. Millions of people couldn't possibly be right. Now all you jealous Haters just leave that poor innocent man alone. He didn't do anything at all to bring any of this on himself!! You haters should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Orange and Brown wrote::122246 Some people are obsessed with his highness king James^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey did you all know that Lebron walks on water and we are not allowed to say bad things about him. Millions of people couldn't possibly be right. Now all you jealous Haters just leave that poor innocent man alone. He didn't do anything at all to bring any of this on himself!! You haters should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:
I'm not obsessed with any athlete. I think this guy for the most part is unfairly treated. What's popular is not always right. Just because LeBron haters are in the majority, why does that give them a liscense to bash this guy? Answer that question for me.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

gymratt88, Cleveland is a blue collar city that supports their sports like no other city. They have had a team pulled out from under them and they fought to get a team back. So when LeBron left the way he left by smacking them in the face did you and LeBron really think this city of fighters would take it laying down? If he didn't want the city of Cleveland to hate him, he should have treated them with more respect when he left. After all they did help make him some of his millions. It cracks me up that you are on here crying about how Cleveland treats him, when he brought it on himself. If you smack someone in the face you can expect it back. You are obsessed with LeBron and in denial.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Charge wrote:gymratt88, Cleveland is a blue collar city that supports their sports like no other city. They have had a team pulled out from under them and they fought to get a team back. So when LeBron left the way he left by smacking them in the face did you and LeBron really think this city of fighters would take it laying down? If he didn't want the city of Cleveland to hate him, he should have treated them with more respect when he left. After all they did help make him some of his millions. It cracks me up that you are on here crying about how Cleveland treats him, when he brought it on himself. If you smack someone in the face you can expect it back. You are obsessed with LeBron and in denial.
Yes you are so right, just because I defend someone means I am obsessed with them. :roll: Cleveland needs to get over it! All we are talking about here is sports. If your life totally revolves around sports, then I can tell you right now it's not going to be a happy one. He was a free agent, and what he did was totally legal. The Decision was arrogant, but it wasn't intended to rub anything in Cleveland's face, it was about making LeBron the center of the attention in the sports world. The only reason Cleveland folks think that it was intended to rub it in their face is because they have an inferiority complex about their sports teams, created mostly impart by Art Modell. He didn't smack anybody in the face, it was a business decision, and you and other LeBron haters and Cleveland lovers want to bring emotion into something that's not emotional in nature.

Return to “Pro Sports”