Talkin' Bucs 2012

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Talkin' Bucs 2012

Post by Orange and Brown »

Can't wait to see this series! We are gonna send you filthy dirty Pirates right back up the River where you came from!! GO REDS!!!! lol

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Unless a warning is handed out pre game tomorrow somebody on the reds will take one for hitting McCutchen tonight! No doubt that was intentional.Shame on Chapman for six weeks for that one!! Hope marty likes his new hair cut...

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

After salvaging one of three in the queen city the Bucs have taken 2 so far in a four pack series with ariz.And now are only 2.5 out of the division lead.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Won only one of three v.SD over the weekend.Big series v. LA this week...

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

After only winning one of four v.LA, the Buccos take down the Cards tonight,2-1.And with that win hold a two game lead for the second wild card."Raise The Jolly Roger!"
'

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The Bucs outlast the cards in a 19 inning marathon on Sunday.Final score 6-3.Mister B,did you watch it all? I did..."How Sweet It Is!"

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:The Bucs outlast the cards in a 19 inning marathon on Sunday.Final score 6-3.Mister B,did you watch it all? I did..."How Sweet It Is!"
No, I didnt see it all, just from the 14th inning on. And, I think the game has taken out whatever gas was left in our tank. Pitching arms are worn out. We laid a goose egg in San Diego vs the Swingin Friars as our starters gave up 7 first inning runs in the 3 games that cost us 3 wins and a sweep.

Still, I will accept this season as a HUGE step in the right direction. I just wanted us to have a winning a season and 9 games over .500 we should accomplish that. We still have an outside chance at a wild card spot but it is an outside chance at best.

3 game home series with the Cards starts tonight and we need to sweep to get back some big Mo and get our heads back into the game. We really need to win every series that is left on the schedule to make the post season. I would settle for playing the rest of the season above a 500 clip and hopefully we finish at least 10 games above 500 for the year.

Tonights game features the Cards best (Loshe 13-2) vs the Pirates best (Burnett 15-4). Tuesday's game has each team sending their #2 starters to the hill, Cards with Westbrook 13-9 vs the Buccos McDonald 11-6. Wednesday's game will be on ESPN. At the very least we need to win 2 of 3 with one of the wins being Wednesday's national TV game to get our heads straight heading to Milwaukee.

As always...

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Blow another one tonight....Ship is sinking...Got to plug the holes fast!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:Blow another one tonight....Ship is sinking...Got to plug the holes fast!
Right now, its a head game with the Buccos. Still trying to break that losing mentality.

Cards lead the season series 7-6 and are 3-1 at PNC Park this year.

Bucs are 3 games back of the Cards in the wild card hunt. This series is our last head to head matchup vs the Red birds and we need to win tonight and tomorrow. Cards are heating up and their only hope for the playoffs is the wild card just like us.

Bucco hitters need to stop trying to pull everything and just take what the pitchers give them like they did during June and July.

Trading Lincoln was not a good move in my opinion as we gave up alot to get basically nothing that will help us this year. Maybe Sanchez and Snider will develop over the off season but they bring nothing to the table this year for a playoff run IMHO.

Still, the organization is headed in the right direction for the most part. A late season push, even if we fall short of the playoffs, would have a HUGE impact for next year.

Westbrook vs McDonald tonight and I hope J-Mac has his control back and shows his early season stuff.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

GOING DOWN, DOWN, DOWN.....IN A BURNING RING OF FIRE.......

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I agree, letting Lincoln go was a bad move.And a head scratcher when it happened.Letting McGhee go I think was a bigger loss than expected.I think in some ways it seems we made trades at the deadline just to make them, other than the Rodriguez trade.I still think Derrick Lee would have made a world of difference on this team this year.We wouldn't have had to go after McGhee in the first place not to mention trading for Sanchez.Is Snider that big a upgrade over Presley? It's debatable at this point.One things for sure as bad as it may get I will never give up on them..."Im All In" As Clint would say....

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs 9 Cards 0

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

J-Mac comes thru with 7 solid innings (0 R, 2 H, 6 K and 1 BB) plus he threw 16 first pitch strikes to the 23 batters he faced, that is how you take command on the mound.

Alvarez pounds 2 HR including a 469' shot to dead center and little ol' Josh Harrison goes all Pete Rose on Cards catcher Yadier Molina as the Bucs show some signs of life.

Season series is tied at 7-7 with the Bucs 2 games behind the Cards in the wildcard chase.

Cards will send Joe Kelly (4-5 3.26) to the hill vs the Bucs Wandy Rodriguez (8-13 4.01) in the rubber game of the season series. Bucs need a win but I have my doubts as Rodriguez has not impressed me at all. The Bucs are just 1-4 in games he has started for us since we acquired him from Houston.

As always...

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I pulled out all the stops before last night's game...I shaved off my goatee I had since May. You got to do what you can do..right? ;-) :lol:

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

"El Toro" struck a few mighty blows the last two nights in Bucco wins...5-0 tonight! Good pitching as well.18 innings of shutout baseball.Good stuff! On to Milwaukee for the weekend..

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

That was a good game last night! It was neat to see the Bucks at home on ESPN!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Tough time for the Buccos as there haven't been many wins for them of late.

At least we took 2 of 3 from the Astros this week and gained a game in the wildcard race. Hopefully, we can do the same this weekend when the Cubs come to town.

Still, I haven't gave up on the team and still think we will finish the season with a winning record but it will tough as there is little wind left to fill our sails and the rum is gone. Why is there never enough rum?

As always...

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

They are young and very talented. If they add 1 or 2 pieces to the Roster and with this seasons experience they will have a real shot at competing for the Central........

Everyone saw a young team with a lot of heart and a lot of youth, and they have to learn how to win just like the Reds did. I want to see the Reds, Cards, and Buckos battle it out for the Division title every year right down to the wire.

When I was growing up as a Reds fan, the only thing worse than a Dirty Rotten Pirate was St. Louis! lol

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Swept by the lowly Cubs and now on the verge of being swept by the Reds with our current 5 game losing streak..

A winning season is in the balance. Bucs must avoid the sweep tonight to have the right mental approach to the last 21 games left in the season. 72-69 is our record and we go to Chicago for 3 after tonights game.

Burnett vs Bailey.

As always...

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Haven't given up on the season yet....But there is a key number that I'm watching real close right now...And that's 10.We need at least 10 more wins or this season will be a TOTAL LOSS! Real Pirate fans know what the signifigance those wins would mean.

Footballfan1
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan1 »

Pittsburgh showing their true colors. This team will be lucky to hit 82.

Return to “Pro Sports”