RD.1 BENGALS @TEXANS-------WHO-DEY

farmer
SEOP

Re: RD.1 BENGALS @TEXANS-------WHO-DEY

Post by farmer »

I think Zimmer would be a good head coach. One thing for Zimmer is his family and being in the right place for them. So maybe the extra of being a head coach is just not right timing for him. But if it is right doing it in Cincy would be a good fit since he would not have to move.

Gruden is a good coach. His brother has it made now. Getting paid well without the stresses of coaching. With the intensity he had as head coach being with ESPN may have been a life saver. Might be a good place to go to the Browns as Head Coach. I do not see him as an NFL GM anytime soon because that job you need to have some connections with others around the league. As to how things are done. Not many coaches have done well as GM. As with that I am not sure just how much Marv has had to do with the turn around for the Bengals lately. In bringing in players. But I can see Mike Brown giving up some control because of Jerry Jones and the Cowboys lately. Jerry Jones now says there will be big changes coming.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

As for the game I think the Bengals are playing well going into the playoffs as the Texans are not. I think this will come down to which QB makes less turnovers. Both offenses can score but some games struggle a bit. I think the Bengals learned from last year and will win this game.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I agree, turnovers will lose this game, I think it will be close and come down to the wire.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we simply must get more from our running game, my big fear is that our staff gets gutted , right on the cusp of being the afc north power for years to come,pittsburgh is old, ravens are getting old, cleveland is a long way off, and the bengals are young and hitting their stride.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:we simply must get more from our running game, my big fear is that our staff gets gutted , right on the cusp of being the afc north power for years to come,pittsburgh is old, ravens are getting old, cleveland is a long way off, and the bengals are young and hitting their stride.
YTB...the Browns are young but with the right coach and a different QB, they could be closer than you think.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i hope they are , i want the afc north , to without question , from top to bottom, be the best division in the nfl.
but frankly i just don't see it now, you can't change coaching staff's every 2 years, and get consistent.

Valley0123
Waterboy

Post by Valley0123 »

Considering Texas has struggled lately loosing 3 of their last 4 games and Cincinnati has won 7 of their last 8 games coming with a loss from Dallas which they were up 9 points late in the 4th quarter, I am going to take the Bengals 21-17!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hoping the Bengals can pull it out

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Man I have a good feeling about this one! I fully expect to win!! Who Dey????

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Really scary people are so confident in the Bengals winning this game,its usually when they flop,but I hope its all good!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HOUSTON YOU HAVE A PROBLEM
THE WHO-DEY TRAIN IS IN TOWN
AND THE ATRAIN IS HUNGRY , GENO ATKINS

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

A lot of people are thinking the Bengals will win this game. The Texans had a big led over everyone and let it go away at the end of the season. Which many feel they are not out of it yet. Where the Bengals are playing well at the end of the season. Young teams do better on the road because they are not worried about trying to get tickets for others to attend the game as well as other things. I do not think Schuab is the QB to get wins consistently in tough games.

This should be a good game.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

If we win this game will you "Marvin haters" give it a rest already?
(I'm look in' at you Bait!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who Dey??

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Told ya!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I figured it was too good to be true,at least it was closer this time and after the loss to Dallas just to be in the playoffs was a major accomplishment

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

frank-n-beans wrote:Told ya!
Yeah, you called it genius :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

Come Sunday Marvin Lewis will resign or be fired. Jon Gruden will be the next HC in Cincy come Monday or early in the week!!!!!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

lewis should have been fired years ago...what makes you think he will be now? yinz just made the playoffs two years in a row...this is the golden age of bengal football...

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Marvin did have a look on his face at the end of the game that it might be his last. I have not been a Marvin fan. The NFL is about results and Marvin does come up short.

Gruden is good but I like Zimmer more. But some of the best defensive guys lose a little bit when they move up to head coach. Zimmer they say really wants a HC job. The Bengals have always been different so Co -Coaches. Somewhat like the Colts ended up with when there coach went down. Just would hate to lose Gruden or Zimmer.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

do you think they gave marvin a sb or bust ultimatum? the bengals weren't winning or going to sb anyway.the bengals wont pony up the cash for jon gruden....jay gruden maybe...marvin is still your man to continue you in the golden age...three years in a row next year!!

Return to “Pro Sports”