Freshman Team

Re: Cleveland Browns offseason

Post by Troy »

I think 6 wins for next year.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Don't see their QB signing making a difference.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Still waiting for a sign and CRYING in the wilderness. I will not spend my hard earned dollars on them until they show me a real plan to relevance.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Hartline was a nice pickup to replace Gordon! Good speed and tall with good hands and most importantly no baggage.Problem is can anyone get him the ball ? :122247

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Hey the Brownies got them a quarterback,Thaddeus Lewis is coming back to Cleveland,yay! And the Browns can even get Trent RIchardson back since the Colts cut him,might as well bring as many the old Browns back as they can :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Remember the Colts mantra- Suck for Luck. The Browns new mantra is Bail for Cardale.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Well, one more month until Lucy pulls the football away from Charlie Browns. Or otherwise known as the NFL draft.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

dazed&confused wrote:Well, one more month until Lucy pulls the football away from Charlie Browns. Or otherwise known as the NFL draft.
Actually, after the draft it will be the renting of garments and the wearing of sack cloth and ashes for Browns fans.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I like the new unis,nice to see some color variation for change and Cleveland on the front! They will look better if they win :shock:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

After first round, two solid choices and no reaches. Progress!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Just checking in what does everyone think about the Browns up comming season

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

They will be deeper at nearly every position, EXCEPT QB. That will keep a low ceiling in place. Their best hope is the running game and the defense keep them in games. They will be boring to watch but reasonably competitive. The question is will they be a team that wins close games or loses them. I don't have much confidence in a 36 year old journeyman QB. Add to that a tougher schedule this year and I see them slipping to 6-10. The big question is, does Jimmy Truckstop stay the course? If not, more wandering in the wilderness.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Johnny boy lit the shoe up tonight with a glittering performance! They say he looked much better in the pocket tonight. Supposedly he has played well in practice also after a slow start.Hopefully he can turn it around and prove everybody wrong, but I not getting my hopes up yet as these scrimmages don't tell you much of anything.Also I hope its not a sign of things to come with the defense because McClown also threw a touchdown along with Johnny's TDS.I thought the defense dominated this scrimmage last year.I just found out the Browns held some people out in this scrimmage mainly on defense with which could explain the offense's success.Shelton had a good game on defense.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I know it's just two preseason games but I'm feeling more despondent than ever. For the life of me I don't know where this team is going to get points unless it's a pick six. This has to be Farmer's last year. No playmakers and our vaunted O-line was gutted by the Bills defense.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

In two game I have only seen two good drives.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't think I have ever seen so much blitzing in my life for a preseason game,Johnny needed that.He looked the best of anybody,thats a scary thought :122246 They would have scored a couple more TD'S if not for all the penalties,but the offense was struggling against a very good defense.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Brownies put a major beatdown on the Buccos,now if they can just transfer that to the games that count.McCown is one tough cookie that's for sure, but he better not push his luck.Never knew he was that nimble on his feet.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Some thoughts on last night's game-
This isn't a true test. The Bucs will struggle to win 4 games this season. There still isn't a receiver on the roster to take the top off a defense. If the defense doesn't have to spend a huge amount of time on the field, they can be a dominant force this year. Farmer & company have spent a lot of time building up the meat and potatoes portion of the team but there are just no playmakers. And McCown will not play the whole season. Johnny won't win the job, McCown will end up in the cart before November. Maybe 6 wins this season.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

[quote="dazed&confused" McCown will end up in the cart before November.[/quote]

I was thinking that too, Hey we still got Thaddeus to lead us to the promise land :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I think he'll be on another roster by then. Maybe the tattoo king can lead us to that promised land :122246

Return to “Pro Sports”