"It's A Great Day For Hockey" 14-15 Penguins

mister b
SEOP

Re: "It's A Great Day For Hockey" 14-15 Penguins

Post by mister b »

Pens 7 Wild 2

The 2nd half of the season started tonight.

Pens new winger David Perron nets 2. That gives him 3 goals and 1 assist in his 4 games with the Pens.

Our 4th line had a good night.

Pens defenseman Olli Maatta is having season ending shoulder surgery.

On the road vs the front running Islanders Friday night then back home vs the Rangers on Sunday.

The playoff push is on. "Get in the fast lane grandma, the bingo game is ready to roll!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Islanders 6 Pens 3

Pens had the lead (3-2) after 2 periods but the Islanders score 4 in the 3rd to win it.

Terrible 3rd period by the Pens. "Well, I'll be cow kicked!"

Back home to face the Rangers on Sunday in a national tv game.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pens 2 Devils 1 in OT."Can I Get A Witness?!?!"

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

The Boys are on a nice run ,eh ,outstanding goaltending :-D Go HABS !!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Pens 2 Oilers 0

Pens get their first goal seconds into the 2nd period and then add another with just seconds left in the same period.

Fleury gets his 7th shutout of the season.

Pens continue their great Western Canada road swing in Calgary Friday night.

"LOOK OUT LORETTA!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pens douse the Flames in Calgary tonight,4-0.Second straight shutout for Fleury."The Kitchen Is Closed!"

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pens 4 Detroit 1."Holy Cheese And Crackers!!"

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The Pens give St.Louis the Blues 4-2."Buy Sam A Drink And Get His Dog One,Too!!"

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Find me a better goalie or (MVP) than Price ;-)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Pens 3 Sharks 2 F/SO

Always watching the Pens even though I haven't posted in a long time. This Pens team is very difficult to watch play.

I am tired of hearing the Pens announcers, especially Jay, keep saying that this team is built for the playoffs. I just don't see it. What I see is an early exit from the post season. I hope that I am wrong.

Injuries have hurt us. Matta and Dupuis lost for the season. Letang with the concussion. We need to get healthy, fast.

We played last night with just 5 defensemen due to roster restrictions and salary cap issues.

Fleury has been our saving grace this season. Leads the NHL in shutouts.

Our offense blows. No flow to it.

6 games left in the season. 2 home and 4 road. Getting ready for the Cup run beard.

LETS GO PENS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Flyers 4 Pens 1

Another game in which injuries (Malkin, Letang), dumb penalties and inconsistent play lead to a Pens loss.

With only 5 defensemen on the ice, we just wear down. All 5 played at least 20 minutes. Salary cap issues caused this situation to only get worse. Our GM let us down.

Only 5 games left in the regular season. We are an awful 9-14-4 in our division.

We need a win in the worst way Saturday @ Columbus.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I think Mike is a good coach and Jim is a good GM but I think they made a big mistake in firing Dan and Ray.Why not hold out one more year and go after who they really wanted in Mike Babcock? Got to get things back in order somehow.I still cant get over the fact they are so up against the cap they cant call up a minor league defenseman at the nhl minimum.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:I think Mike is a good coach and Jim is a good GM but I think they made a big mistake in firing Dan and Ray.Why not hold out one more year and go after who they really wanted in Mike Babcock? Got to get things back in order somehow.I still cant get over the fact they are so up against the cap they cant call up a minor league defenseman at the nhl minimum.
I agree 100%

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Jackets 5 Pens 3

Pens go up 2-0 only to turn the puck over time and again in their own zone to allow the Jackets to steal a win.

Jackets won their 9th straight. Pens drop to 3-7-1 in their last 11 and could possibly not make the playoffs. Not good for one of the NHL's elite teams.

Its April and the playoffs have unofficially started. Pens need to play with great desperation from this point on.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

It's time to panic Mister B....These past two games just make you want to vomit....Hopefully the Pirates can cure some ill's tomorrow....

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:It's time to panic Mister B....These past two games just make you want to vomit....Hopefully the Pirates can cure some ill's tomorrow....
I agree. Sadly, Buccos came up short on opening day. 161 games left in this marathon.

Pens can clinche a playoff spot with a win in regulation tonight vs the Sens. OT win won't do it.

Right now, the Pens hardly look like one to the NHL's elite teams. They look more like a team that is looking forward to a long off-season.

LETS GO PENS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Pens coach Mike Johnston could very well be on the hot seat regardless of how this season plays out IF Mike Babcock isn't rehired in Detroit.

Pens could very well make Babcock an offer he can't refuse and give Johnston a very nice separation package.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Sens 4 Pens 3 F/OT

Unreal. Pens blow a 3-0 first period lead in a must win game.

Sens out shoot the Pens 21-3 in the 3rd period on. They fire 44 shots on the Pens goal. They won on every front tonight, shots, hits, face offs etc.

Sens are 11-6-3 when they give up the first goal. Pens are now 1-5-1 of late when they score first. We can't hold a lead. Of course, when you play not to lose instead of trying to win, this is what happens.

If it wasn't for our goalie Marc Andre Fleury, we wouldn't be in the hunt for a playoff spot. He faced 44 shots tonight and I only saw him beat once. The other goals were a short handed goal off a skate or a defensive breakdown.

We are a very tired, exhausted team.

Friday night is a must win game for us at home vs the Islanders. Win in regulation, we're in. Regular season ends Saturday @ Buffalo. Have to win Friday.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Very disturbing loss...As all have been of late..I was going to watch to Bucs game Fri. but I'll be watching the Pens now instead.Got to hope the Rangers can pull off a win Thurs.as well.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Friday night is a split screen night.

LETS GO PENS and BUCS!!!

Return to “Pro Sports”