2021 Cleveland Browns

cbolt
SEOP

Re: 2021 Cleveland Browns

Post by cbolt »

My man Peoples-Jones catches the long hail mary to end the half. Hope this gives them a spark but defense has got to do better on third down!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

injury plague has sunk in on us early.....hope the benefit from these injuries is that it happened early enough in the season to overcome these and get back on track the 2nd half of the season.

remember its not where you start

but

where you finish.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Every team has to go through this, county. Brownies do have an ungodly amount of injuries right now, but good teams find ways to overcome it. I thought the team had good team depth entering the season hearing all the talk. That theory is being severely tested right now! This coming game is a must win if they have any thoughts of another post season run. Broncos are a step down in competition compared to what they have been playing recently, so they have to win this. It will be tough with all the injuries and short week but good teams find ways to win these kind of games. I'm really starting to question the defensive coordinator. They didn't get near enough pass rush in these last couple games. Need more bumps at the line and less cushion on them receivers and more blitzing. It's risky esp. against running QB's like Murray but you have to take chances. The ravens blitzed the Chargers like crazy and we see what happened there. You let any QB in this league have time and get comfortable back there and he will pick your team apart! Pass rush is a must! Also all the blown coverages and miscommunication in the secondary has been a problem all year long. Too many unattended receivers in every game it seems. The defense is my biggest concern right now.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Mayfield, Chubb and Hunt all out! Even the good teams would have great difficulty overcoming this. A must win got that much harder! :cry:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wasn't a bad game with everyone out.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yes the offense was surprisingly good! They moved the ball with ease, but lets not kid ourselves the Denver defense is pretty bad! Running game didn't miss a beat. Defense was pretty good in the first half but fell into the same ol habit in the second half of not being able to get third down stops. Thank Goodness the offense was able to move the ball on the last drive and run the clock out. I was not confident the defense could stop them again. :(
It was a must win and they get the job done. Wish their bye week was coming up to get some of these injuries healed up.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

There go the playoff hopes! Brownies are done. Terrible loss. Too many dropped passes. Once again defense was great for a half but not the other. :(

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Could it be deja vu from last year when the Browns went on a tear as soon as Beckham was gone ? I don't see that happening this time around though. The schedule is much tougher to close the year out this time, but anything is possible I guess.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Go Browns !!

Return to “Pro Sports”