Bengals cant win without Burrows

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Re: Bengals cant win without Burrows

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Gray Cat wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:35 am
Pat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:13 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:19 am The Bengals didn’t play any starters outside of Chase & Hilton on defense. This game was meaningless to them. Chase only played long enough to break Chad Johnson’s record. Many guys out with covid or resting up for the playoffs. The Browns however did play most of their starters besides at QB, but Baker is a bum anyways. Do I think Burrow is the difference yeah sure he’s incredible. But this was your backup QB playing with other backups giving the Browns a run for their money.
Yea, the Browns shot their wad last year. And if Burrows would have played Cinnci would have won.
Is it Burrows or Burrow. Not that it really matters as the two seem to be used interchangeably.
It’s Burrows. Everyone in Athens county knows that

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Burrow unless he is owning something.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't the Bengals lose by more when Burrow played the first game?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

7 1/2 point underdog vs KC early line.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:59 am 7 1/2 point underdog vs KC early line.
Bengals can't win without their kicker....a kid from Ft. Payne, Al....(home of the country music HOF group Alabama).

Bengals 27
Chiefs 24...OT

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good luck Burrow !!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I'm from Southeastern Ohio !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

JOE---BURROW

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow just when I think it can't get any better it does! The defense was getting their doors blown off in the first half until that last play in the first half then they put a smackdown on the Homie bunch. Former OSU players had their fingerprints all over this game. Sam Hubbard is the most underrated DL in the NFL! Burrow had some big runs to keep drives alive! The offensive line played much better once they smelled blood in the water and knew they could win, and last but not least McPherson just keeps making big kicks! Great day to be a Bengals fan! On to the Super Bowl! I was really hoping they get a shot at the Niners to avenge them stinging losses from a time long ago.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

All I can say the Buckeyes had a blind eye talent wise when it came to Burrow !!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

To start with I really think Joe should have gone to a different school. Ohio State had been following a running QB system and they were not going to change. People around Burrow knew that and so did he. Don't know if he was talked into OSU or not. People probably thought with his talent he could change the system. If they would have put him in and allowed him to stay the whole game they could have found out. OSU is not a school that usually goes with a pro type QB. He made the right decision when transferring and it was at the right time. He was good the first year at LSU, but his second year showed what he could do with a whole year under his belt. I even thought going to Cincinnati wasn't his best choice, but it has turned out that it was. I just thought Cincinnati wasn't a solid team. It looks like Joe was the part of the puzzle they needed. Always been a Cincinnati fan from the start, but like many people the last several years have been very disappointing. If he stays health Joe will turn out to be Cincinnati's best and a top NFL QB. Biggest thing that worries me is will the team stay together.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

With Day being a more pro-style QB coach I wonder if he would have started Burrow? Then again Haskins was pro-style himself so we will probably never know. Plus Meyer might have had input from him on who to start. That's a good point reply about his second year. This is his second year with Bengals and I hope it holds to form.

Return to “Pro Sports”