affeldt-3.5 era in COLORADO
Cordero-we all saw what he did in the central

and as for dunn

what more can you ask for

100+rbi
100+ walks
40+homeruns
and his average is moving up as he continues to work on his hitting
as well as his feilding.....i have family who work in the reds organization and i know its hard to belive but they tell me that hes one of the hardest working guys on the team....always taking extra batting and fielding practice...

as for the starters

harang-should get 20 wins
arroyo- bounce back with run support
homer-better control=better homer
belisle-same prognosis as homer
hamilton trade idiot -dont care----maybe blanton from a's

another 30-30 year from phillips would be great also

thats the reds in a perfect situation--not very realistic---but could happen

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I agree with all of that except for Harang getting 20 wins. I think it will be closer to 14. The bullpen will let him down a lot this year.
GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
orange crush
JV Team

Post by orange crush »

well he got 14 or more this year with out cordero or afeldt....i think hell increase ......

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I think th reds will be okay with there pitching . Hopefully get some good surprizes. But it will not be outstanding pitchers .

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Re: 2008 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Frank Reagan »

I know a lot of people on here are singing the praises of prospects Bailey, Cueto, Votto and Bruce and that's fine as prospects. I'm more of a what have you done in the bigs kind of guy. There are a ton of prospects that haven't panned out and the Reds have had more than their share. I know, I know, they've also had their share that have been traded to come back and bite them. It is a crap-shoot. To me, I'd rather have had a guy like Bedard (before the trade to Seattle) or have someone like Blanton, that have proven themselves in the bigs than a load of "prospect talent" like Bailey, Votto, et al. I know comparing the Reds to the Yanks, Dodgers or Red Sox is unfair and not equitable, but those teams trade tons of prospects for name, proven, big leaguers and win. Why are Reds front office guys and fans so scared to trade a Bailey or Bruce for a proven commodity?

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

What about the rumors of the Reds wanting Lofton for the CF/leadoff spot? Any thoughts?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Catching for the Reds

David Ross--17 homers--.203 average

Javier Valentin--Struggles to control the running game

RH@OU
Waterboy

Post by RH@OU »

XandOs wrote:I know a lot of people on here are singing the praises of prospects Bailey, Cueto, Votto and Bruce and that's fine as prospects. I'm more of a what have you done in the bigs kind of guy. There are a ton of prospects that haven't panned out and the Reds have had more than their share. I know, I know, they've also had their share that have been traded to come back and bite them. It is a crap-shoot. To me, I'd rather have had a guy like Bedard (before the trade to Seattle) or have someone like Blanton, that have proven themselves in the bigs than a load of "prospect talent" like Bailey, Votto, et al. I know comparing the Reds to the Yanks, Dodgers or Red Sox is unfair and not equitable, but those teams trade tons of prospects for name, proven, big leaguers and win. Why are Reds front office guys and fans so scared to trade a Bailey or Bruce for a proven commodity?

This is exactly what the Yankees are trying to get away from. Notice they won't part with Hughes, Chamberlin, Kennedy. This is because although a trade for someone like Bedard would be good it has two negative effects.

1. You don't get to keep him that long. You may get a guy like Bailey for a guaranteed 7-8 years. But, with Bedard he's a free agent in a year or two. So, he could head off to any team.

2. It's tons cheaper. To resign, or even keep these big name guys it costs a lot of money. Young talent can do just as well for almost nothing.

Not too mention Bailey, Cueto, and Maloney could all be on the Bedard/Blanton level one day. So, why not have 3 of them instead of 1? The Reds have not developed pitching or a farm system for years, and it's about time they did. They haven't won in years either, coincidence? Also, the Dodgers have one amazing farm system. They don't just bring in big names. They have a stout farm system and a knack for doing productive signings. I like the Reds not making any silly trades. The signing of Fogg today is good.

The Reds WILL contend in 2008.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

Reds signed RHP Josh Fogg he is 60-60 with a 4.90 ERA lifetime

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

burp

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Is opening day at the end of march ?

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

noreply66 wrote:Catching for the Reds

David Ross--17 homers--.203 average

Javier Valentin--Struggles to control the running game

reds also signed C Paul Bako played for dusty in chicago

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I think Ross will come around. He has a lot of upside.
GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

the lineup for the first spring game

Freel cf
Hopper lf
Phillips 2b
Encarnacion 3b
Votto 1b
Bruce rf
Keppinger ss
Bako c
Green dh
Affeldt p

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Reds lost yesterday to the Phillies in a spring training game 8-1. Ohh well, alot of baseball yet to be played and I don't really look to hard at the outcome of these spring training games anyway.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

i had forgotten that the reds picked up fransico cordero over the winter he had 44 saves last season with the brewers. that will help the bullpen big time with weathers now helping get the game to the 9th

and what happened to pedro lopez he played shortstop for a while and got beamed in the face. i havent heard much about him since

Mandolin Player
Waterboy

Post by Mandolin Player »

The Reds look better than last year, we hope so . Hope everyone stays injury-free and maybe Dusty Baker can teach Adam Dunn to field and not walk to the ball or watch it go over his head. Maybe he picked up some speed.

grizzly
Freshman Team

Post by grizzly »

as i've said before, if the reds remain healthy and the young talent comes through, THE REDS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Corey Patterson will be in center. The Reds will win 75 games this season.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Mandolin Player wrote:The Reds look better than last year, we hope so . Hope everyone stays injury-free and maybe Dusty Baker can teach Adam Dunn to field and not walk to the ball or watch it go over his head. Maybe he picked up some speed.

Give Dunn a break. What do you expect out of him??...He plays left field which is traditionally the weakest fielder on the team. He is just fine.

Return to “Pro Sports”