Johan Santana traded to the New York Mets

gh123
JV Team

Johan Santana traded to the New York Mets

Post by gh123 »

The Mets have agreed to a trade with the Minnesota Twins to acquire Johan Santana for four prospects, pending the left-hander working out an extension with New York, sources told ESPN's Peter Gammons.

The Mets have been granted a 48 to-72-hour window to work out a new contract with Santana.

The trade agreement was first reported by USA Today on its Web site

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Mets give up outfielder Carlos Gomez, and pitchers Phil Humber, Deolis Guerra and Kevin Mulvey.

CHS Sports
Freshman Team

Post by CHS Sports »

this helps me rejoice for 2 reasons
1) He is my favorite pitcher regardless of team.
2) This helps me recover from last season's MAJOR collapse.
GO METS!

Lets go Cavs!
BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

nice

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Still have to reach the contract agreement. IMO, Johan is asking for WAY too much money over that amount of time. I dont think any pitcher should get a 6-7 year contract. One year into the contract something could happen and BOOM, you set off a string of injuries--such as Mark Prior.

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry:

Well, the Twins will be a laughing stock now.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Gomez, 22, spent 58 games with the Mets last season and likely will fill the Twins hole in center field. He's considered to be a five-tool player whose primary tools are his speed and above-average defense. There have been some questions concerning his offense during his four Minor League seasons as Gomez struck out 250 times in 1,251 at-bats with just a .339 on-base-percentage during that span.

Humber, 25, is the only other prospect in the deal who has seen time in the Majors. The Mets' first-round pick in the 2004 First-Year Player Draft has made five appearances for the Mets, including one start, over the past two seasons. He went 11-9 with a 4.27 ERA at Triple-A New Orleans last year, his first full season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in 2005.

Mulvey spent most of last season at Double-A Binghamton and was 11-10 with a 3.32 ERA in 26 starts there. Guerra, a 6-foot-5 right-hander out of Venezuela, struck out 66 batters while amassing a 4.01 ERA in 89 2/3 innings for Class A Advanced Port St. Lucie of the Florida State League last season. He will turn 19 in April.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

this dissapoints me. will be very hard for the Braves to win the nl east. the Mets are very strong with their rotation

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

the mets made a great deal.

Return to “Pro Sports”