Quinn or Anderson?

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

gahs4ever wrote:Jim Brown wasnt a running back? This is a first. I cant wait to hear this.

What position did he play?

nevernimd, spoke too soon. he was a fullback. but i guess technically that is a running back even though the term running back is almost exclusively used for tailbacks today.

but he still wasnt the best, here's the top 5 IMO

1. Sanders
2. Payton
T-3. Brown and Smith
5. Sayers.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

1000 yards is nothing in todays NFL. I think that 1000 yards is not a good way to measure how good a back is. I think the 1500 yard mark is how we should measure backs today. :-D
as for anderson or quinn. I think they should keep anderson and trade quinn for draft picks and defense.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

What I can't figure out is why Emmitt gets the short end of the stick all the time. Just because you are not "flashy" why does that not make you the best? Emmitt was the most consistent, most endurable, and best rusher of all time. We all know guys who had great talent, but couldn't consistently give what it takes (at all levels). I love some of these other running backs, but anyone who quits when they are in their prime doesn't have what it takes to be THE BEST! Being a football player takes more than just talent... it takes what a lot of southeastern Ohio people should know about: Heart, Guts, Toughness, Passion, etc. That's why I think Emmitt and Peyton and Sayers and the guy from the Oilers are some of my all time faves...

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:What about em?

Any of them play 12 game seasons and still rush for 1000 yds as the norm? Any of them avg 5.2 ypg for a career?

You add four games a season to the nine years (that's right...only nine years) Brown played and tell me how many more yards he would have had in his career in the 36 extra games the others had that he missed?

But then Im still trying to understand what Dillon is doing on your list? He couldnt carry any of those back's jocks, and did you forget Sanders and Emmitt Smith?

Sanders and smith were in the post above me . Just look up :lol:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

In 1958 ( I was 1 year old ) The giants and clev were tied for the championship. Giants won 10 to 0 and held the great jim brown to just 8 yards rushing. No other great running back was held to so little yards in one game.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Dont know ?

Amen Corner
Varsity

Re:

Post by Amen Corner »

Brutus8907 wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Yeah, that's why the Browns have 16 HOFers in Canton including the best RB ever and the best coach as well. And there has never been another QB in pro history who played in 10 straight league championship games like Otto Graham has.

jim brown is not the best running back ever :roll: he wasnt even a running back :shock:

but as far as rushers are concerned, he's #8 on the all time list and at least 2 of the 7 ahead of him were better (maybe 3). Walter Payton and Barry Sanders for sure and you could make a valid argument for Emmitt Smith.

James Nathaniel Brown (born February 17, 1936) is an American former professional football player who has also made his mark as an actor and social activist. He is best known for his exceptional and record-setting nine-year career as a Fullback for the NFL Cleveland Browns from 1957 to 1965. He is widely considered the best running back of all time; in 2002 he was named by The Sporting News as the greatest professional football player ever. Uniquely, Brown was every bit as good a lacrosse player, with the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame stating that he was "widely considered to be the greatest lacrosse player ever." Sportswriter Bert Sugar named Brown #1 in his book The Greatest Athletes of All Time.

Brutus8907
All State

Re: Quinn or Anderson?

Post by Brutus8907 »

ok, that's somebody's opinion, worth about as much as that of you or I, maybe a little more because that person gets paid to write his opinions whereas we do it on here for fun.

i've given up on this issue because like gahs said, it's hard to compare athletes in such drastically different times

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

What team in their right mind would give up a 1 and 3 for him?

In listening to several sports talk shows where a lot of the NFL insiders are on none of them have said any team would be willing to do this.

So again I ask what team?

The new arena team in Cleveland? Maybe.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

No you do not understand because I know how it works. You brought it up now please let us know one team besides the new arena league team in Cleveland who would be willing to make that trade? I am leaning in the direction that now even they would do it being they have a very good arna quarterback already on the roster and Quinn would be only a back up there too.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Time is about up . Has Anderson sighed yet ?

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Well gahs its getting close. Is DA a browns yet . Or do they give Vinnie a call :lol: :lol:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:Vinnie is busy trying his cousin's murder trials in Alabama with his girlfriend, Marisa Tomei !!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Still no DA on the browns today . Did you read the dispatch sports on browns bengals yesterday about the draft. They said it will be browns,bengals and pitt in a heated battle for first.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

heres a thought

What IF anderson is a one year wonder?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Heres a thought. Trade BRADY and get a first round pick, and a couple lineman. Draft Gholston and spend this whole draft working on D line And O line. We got the backs, Qb and Receivers now give them some time and make some holes.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

2 days to go to sigh anderson. I think the bengals will grab gholston, if undrafted by no.9

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

quinn has my vote.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Good move by the BROWNS if ANDERSON is smart he takes the money.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Browns trade away 2nd round 2008 pick for Corey willams DT out of Green Bay

anderson signed a 3 year deal hour into FA

Return to “Pro Sports”