Browns trade 2nd round pick to Packers

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Browns trade 2nd round pick to Packers

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Corey Williams goes to Cleveland and the Packers get the Browns number two pick.

This means as of now the Browns have no picks in the first two rounds.

Rumor on ESPN radio is Browns will Trade newly signed Anderson. No team was named at the time I was listening.

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Re: Browns trade 2nd round pick to Packers

Post by Gobigblacks »

I don't think that adding an overweight defensive tackle (Rogers) who has attitude, health, and work ethic problems is a good thing at all for Cleveland.

Williams was a good player from what little I saw of him but Rogers is a joke. He'll be on the sidelines getting oxygen more than playing in the game.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Look up folks.......the HORSE isnt dead!!! Still getting beat to death!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I haven't figured this out... are we going back to the 4-3? Don't Rogers and Williams both play DT? Who is going to play DE? Do one of these guys fit the 3-4 DE type?

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I agree what we need DL, but I am just trying to figure out if one of the two major acquisitions we made are going to play DE... I doubt Rogers is going to be a DE... Just saw Browns signed Stallworth to a deal as well!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

gahs4ever wrote:Browns let Orpheus Roye go; thus they see these moves as an upgrade.

Before free agency even began, the Browns first pick in this year's draft wasnt going to be until #56. Obviously (and I agree with them for what it's worth), they see more value in the two D-linemen they secured than anything that would have been available in the second and third rounds of the draft, and believe me....we need D-linemen BAD!

I agree to that. Ted Washington was the only descent one we had and his "big" behind kept getting tired and injured. Can't win games, let along championships, without defense.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:And the Browns front office continues to impress, getting DT Shaun Rogers from Detroit for Leigh Bodden and a draft pick.

Interesting in that Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati has maintained from day one the need to build a team through the draft and not free agency, but who has lost several key players TO free agency while not building much of anything.

Madeiu Williams is the last Bengal to leave town, but probably not the last.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

EDIT: Justin Smith of Bengals signs with 49ers.

I believe marven said the core of the team . which has been proven threw the years , with teams like new england ,indy, it has been proven that no team solely built with free agents never does as good as a team built in the draft and stuck together. yes you need free agents to fill holes. You can find the draft picks to these teams if you want them posted and the free agents they got . The winning history by far goes to a team built together. Most teams build with free agents have little wins , than fall on there face because of no young talent.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I think there will be a good def or off tackle with bengals nineth pick . As a bengal fan i would never start calling our team a POWER HOUSE. Bold words for a season that hasnt been played yet. You hopes are high , and things are looking better. But its how the ball bounces. Stienbach only played a half a season at best. I think he sat out for the browns for some games . williams got burnt so many times i nink named him toast. The rookie nodkie played better than williams . I think nodkie got 2 ints against the browns. I like justin smith , but a record low 2 sacks last year. Bengals had a lot of good players that were out almost all season. they shoud be back . polluck should be back , odell , brooks and others. 25 to 29 injuries all year,
But who says that wont happen again . I will just hope for my team now .

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Id say you are right . 9-7 will win the divison. How the teams play in there divison will be a factor. That will see who goes. You wont be able to lose twice to teams in there divison or we will be DOOMED. Cant wait to see what happens . this will be a interesting year.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

that cleveland line is looking like a road block

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I just want the playoffs...Id be happy with that alone....well, until the following season :lol:

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Do the browns host both the colts and patriots this year?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Riepo Man wrote:I just want the playoffs...Id be happy with that alone....well, until the following season :lol:

Keep dreaming. The conference championship goes through the Steel City this year and the Browns haven't done a great job of beating the Steelers as of late. I think come playoffs you guys will be setting at home again. Just think about the glory days......

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Browns really need a impact player on defense--need impact player at end and nose tackle real bad.Their outside linebackers aren't the best at rushing the QB.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

noreply66 wrote:The Browns really need a impact player on defense--need impact player at end and nose tackle real bad.Their outside linebackers aren't the best at rushing the QB.

Lets trade the remaining draft picks :roll: to move up and get Vernon Gholston..he's worth most if not all those late round picks

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Riepo Man wrote:
noreply66 wrote:The Browns really need a impact player on defense--need impact player at end and nose tackle real bad.Their outside linebackers aren't the best at rushing the QB.

Lets trade the remaining draft picks :roll: to move up and get Vernon Gholston..he's worth most if not all those late round picks

Yea...thats not gonna happen...

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

gahs4ever wrote:The only offensive lineman the Steelers had left, left town last week. You cant play Steeler football with no offensive line. I never thought Id live long enough to see the Browns with a better O-line than Pittsburgh, but that day has arrived.

In theory, the two D-linemen signed by the Browns are to get a better pass rush which would hide any deficiencies or weaknesses in the secondary.

If the Browns get any kind of defense at all, the North will belong in Cleveland. Actually, Im more concerned about the Bengals than Pittsburgh at this point.

The Bengals? Really? What have they done to move above Pittsburgh? I have to hear this grand theory.

That team is a ticking timebomb that is about to fully implode this upcoming season so i'm wondering what they have done to move above Pittsburgh.

Hurting Faneca was bad but having Ben and Troy long term are more important, plain and simple. If you had to choose between Fancea, Polamalu, and Big Ben - what one would you choose? Young franchise QB, young franchise playmaking safety or a guard that is in his 30's? I think we all know the choice there.

Pittsburgh's pass protection has been pretty bad for the last few years now so I don't understand how you think that line has been great every year. Willie Parker was leading the league in rushing before getting injured last year, so it's obvious that pass protection was the problem last year but like I said, I can't remember a time in the last few years when pass protection WASN'T a problem. Ben avoided many of those sacks early in his career but hasn't been able to do that the last two years.

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

What does a good offense get you if you have a poor defense? Nowhere. Cincy has proved that time and time again year after year the last few years. Pittsburgh's offense is not by any means "great" but the differences between Pittsburgh's D and Cincy's D are much greater than the differences between Cincy's O and Pittsburgh's O.

What has Cincy added? Antwan Odom and Darryl Blackstock? Wow, a guy who the cap-rich Titans let go in free agency and a guy who didn't even get a restricted free agent tender three years into the league? They lost Justin Smith, Madieu Williams and Landon Johnson on an already poor defense. That doesn't sound like upgrading to me.

Like I said before, Willie Parker was the LEADING RUSHER IN THE LEAGUE when he went down with injury. Alan Faneca wasn't creating every hole that Willie Parker was running through so you can't possibly say that no holes were being created for Willie. He's a good back but he doens't do it on his own - no back does. Mewelde will be a good third down back - better than Najeh. This is a guy who before last year had 37 receptions in 05 and 46 receptions in 06, not bad at all for a third down back type of guy.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

FalconFan wrote:
The Riepo Man wrote:

Yea...thats not gonna happen...

I think the browns are stupid enough to try it though

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:The Browns havent done anything stupid since Phil Savage came on board. Even as we speak Randy Lerner is trying to sign him to a contract extension.

I think you have had some qb problems , till anderson ;-)

Return to “Pro Sports”