same ol' bungles

Coach93
Freshman Team

Re: same ol' bungles

Post by Coach93 »

I been a Cinn. Bengals fan for ever but i'm just about sick of the whole franchise from the ownership to the coaches and players . Mr. Brown needs to get with it or get out . and as far as Marvin Lewis is concerned to heck with him it's time for new leadership. Bring back Sam Wyche i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If we don't win next week we are in trouble 0-3 bull crap. and the same goes for our pro baseball team that live right next doorto Paul Brown Stadium!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

cgllmom
Waterboy

Post by cgllmom »

Um, just wondering, did any of you all watch today's game? The Bengals played better than they have yet this season. They went into overtime against the defending Super Bowl champions! They have improved greatly and have alot to be proud of. Hoopefully they keep getting better week after week. But if not I still say Who-Dey!!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

They definitely played better than my Steelers today :122247
And the Ravens played better than anyone in the division.
And why can't the Browns score points all of a sudden?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I agree they played a lot better today that in the first two games, but I also agree that Lewis needs to go. If not him, then the offensive cordinator.

Someone explain the reasoning of this to me because I just don't understand it.

The Bengals get the ball back with less than two minutes to go in the game and are able to march it right down the field via the pass and get the game tying FG. (though with better clock management they would have had time to try a pass to the end zone there at the end if they hadn't squandered so much time on that last pass play)

Then after holding the Giants to a 3 and out to get the ball back in the OT, the try two straight runs between the tackles for no gain and then a pass that's incomplete or short of the 1st down(I don't recall exactly) and have to punt the ball back to the Giants. Why not continue to pass the ball like they did in the final two minutes of regulation and move down the field for the game winning score???? They just played right into the Giants hands and gave them the game because you just knew that Eli was going to take his team down and score on their second possession.

I am a die hard Bengals fan and have watched them through thick and thin, but's it getting the point that I can't hardly stand to watch the futility of their efforts anymore.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I agree they played a lot better today that in the first two games, but I also agree that Lewis needs to go. If not him, then the offensive cordinator.

Someone explain the reasoning of this to me because I just don't understand it.

The Bengals get the ball back with less than two minutes to go in the game and are able to march it right down the field via the pass and get the game tying FG. (though with better clock management they would have had time to try a pass to the end zone there at the end if they hadn't squandered so much time on that last pass play)

Then after holding the Giants to a 3 and out to get the ball back in the OT, the try two straight runs between the tackles for no gain and then a pass that's incomplete or short of the 1st down(I don't recall exactly) and have to punt the ball back to the Giants. Why not continue to pass the ball like they did in the final two minutes of regulation and move down the field for the game winning score???? They just played right into the Giants hands and gave them the game because you just knew that Eli was going to take his team down and score on their second possession.

I am a die hard Bengals fan and have watched them through thick and thin, but's it getting the point that I can't hardly stand to watch the futility of their efforts anymore.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT > I said the same thing. Why did he run the ball , that doesnt work very well and our passing game was clicking . I said if we give the ball back we will lose. :122247 I blame the off coor for that
loss. He did open up the offense for a while and it worked. Then he went back to run twice than throw. Palmer didnt think that was the right play called in too.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Also when the bengals were driving down field, Palmer changed all the plays that brat sent in . He should have in OT.

cgllmom
Waterboy

Post by cgllmom »

Yes, they should have ran passing plays in OT. That is what got them that far. I do agree with that. Something does need to change, unfortunately I don't have the answers or the authority to change anything. I really am happier as a fan today than I have been the last couple weeks. My little boy sent them an email yesterday and told Palmer to get fired up. He believes he caused them to play better. It is very cute! Big game this weekend, Go BEngals!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Pro Sports”