Should the Steelers sit Roethlisberger

boogerred
All State

Should the Steelers sit Roethlisberger

Post by boogerred »

Big Ben has been horrible the last three games. He has thrown one TD pass and eight picks. Is it time for the Steelers to sit him down to recover and give Leftwich the nod?

madpolecat
All State

Re: Should the Steelers sit Roethlisberger

Post by madpolecat »

i say let Leftwich continue his audition for another team next season.

Play the Big Marshall Guy!

Go Herd!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The problem is stemming from quite a few things, IMO. Firstly, it seems that Pittsburgh's coaches refuse to play typical Pittsburgh Steeler football. They abandon the running game completely sometimes and it seems like they can't comprehend that Parker is NO BETTER THAN MOORE. Same kind of running back, gives you the same options. But Pittsburgh isn't running the ball enough, anyway.
I've said on here time and time again that Roethlisberger (nor any other Steeler QB for that matter) has any business throwing more than 25 passes a game AT MOST unless there are some VERY trying circumstances.
It's not all Roethlisberger's fault - almost any QB in the league would look just as bad if they had Pitt's line "protecting" them. But Ben holds the ball WAY too long sometimes as well.

Here's what's happened with Roethlisberger in Pitt's 3 losses:

V. Philly: 34 drop-backs; 9 sacks, 13-25, 131 yards, 1 INT

V. NY Giants: 34 drop-backs; 5 sacks, 13-29, 189 yards, 4 INT

V. Indy: 44 drop-backs; 2 sacks, 30-42, 284 yards, 3 INT

What's the best cure for INTs and sacks? RUN THE FOOTBALL!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

If he is hurt hell yes!!!

ratm
Waterboy

Post by ratm »

If he is hurt or gets hurt, then he should be. But after this last game aganist the Chargers, no turnovers and more then 300 passing yards. Then he should stay in.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

well i think ben should stay in. Hes a proven player. He has been playing hurt too.
The other qb was let go for bad playing. The game is tonight . It wont be on tv, nfl network only . But i think nfl.com will show the game. And chad wont play for missing a team meeting. Also both off tackles are out hurt and 2 tackles will start there first nfl game . Its looking bad for cinci, I think custer stood a better chance of winning and he lost. I might head to the sports bar and watch . bengals qb will get sacked in double digets. :(

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

That "sports bar" idea sounds pretty good, Ace. I might make a trip to B-Dubs myself!

ratm
Waterboy

Post by ratm »

Very true. But Roethlisberger seems to rush injuries and not get enough healing time. When he is hurt that is.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GO STEELERS!!!

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

oh about that dixon guy they should give him a try too.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The rest of the NFL probably wishes they would. :lol: :lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

More balanced offensive attack means good things for the Steelers.
Did anyone see Wes Welker get laid out? Hardest hit I've seen all year - harder than Ward's hit on Rivers. The penalty was bogus.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

BIG HIT!!! GO STEELERS.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Avg/Gm: 37.3 drop-backs; 5.3 sacks, 19-32, 201.3 yards, 2.6 INT

Now compare Big Ben's stats from tonight with the above averages in the Steelers' three losses.

I believe Big Ben dropped back 33 times, got sacked 1 time, and only threw 1 pick.
If they can get a decent running game established, the defense can do the rest.
Ben doesn't need to be an all-pro, just play mistake free.

shakennotstirred
Waterboy

Post by shakennotstirred »

penalty was definitely warranted. i bet there will be a $20-30000 fine to go with it. i like pitt and wanted them to win but that was bush league. it was like taking a gun to a knifefight.

as for big ben, bet you're glad they didnt. he reminds of favre in the way of toughness and manning in the way he manages games.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Avg/Gm: 37.3 drop-backs; 5.3 sacks, 19-32, 201.3 yards, 2.6 INT

These are Ben's averages from the Steelers' three losses.
Here are his averages from their three-game winning streak:

36.3 Dropbacks; 1.6 sacks; 22-35 completions-attemps; 241 yards/game; .33 INT/Game

Oh, BTW, in these three wins the Steelers are averaging 135.3 yards per game (4.13 yards per carry). A 135.3-yard average would be good enough to rank 6th in rushing offense in the NFL currently. However, the Steelers are only averaging 106.7 yards per game rushing (3.7 average).
*In their three losses, Pittsburgh averaged a pathetic 61.0 rush yards per game (2.7 yards per carry).
Can't put the blame on Ben for something that's not all his fault. It's the coaching staff/the running game's ineptitude that causes 90% of Pittsburgh's problems.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Taking out Welker was a good move. The Patriots had nothing after he left. By the way, it was a clean hit.

shakennotstirred
Waterboy

Post by shakennotstirred »

cheap shot. not a fan of all the protection rules.

fairland08
Waterboy

Post by fairland08 »

Get a life people!!! Ben is the best thing that has happened to the Pittsburgh Steelers since...Neil O'Donnell left town!

He is 1 win away from winning more games than any quarterback in NFL HISTORY in their first 5 years...That means...not even Bradshaw...Montana...Marino...Favre...Brady...Aikman... have never achieved this feat...and oh yeah...since all you Marshall fans are all hot over Leftwich...he doesn't even belong in this conversation...

Just because Byron lost some weight...and can stand and throw a ball to wide open recievers means nothing! Don't get me wrong he is wearing the Black and the Gold...if he comes in...I'm all for him...but Ben is a history making QB...get over it!!! All you Marshall fans are just mad that Ben is still beating Byron...just like he did in college....

Pittsburgh is winning...it may not be pretty...but Steeler football never is...Bruce Arians is our problem! Not Big Ben!

fairland08
Waterboy

Post by fairland08 »

Oh yeah...The O-Line is pathetic!!!! Not only is Ben about to set the record with 50 wins in 5 seasons...he has been sacked twice as much as any quarterback in the league in that time...O-Line...do your job...and maybe...Ben is facing 60 or 70 wins instead of just 50....because when we lose....it's usually only by a TD or FG....which Ben could score...if he had time to drop back...better yet...if he had time to breath...

Go Steelers! Go Ben!

Return to “Pro Sports”