All State

Re: Superbowl

Post by boogerred »

New York Giants and New York Jets

pepper blevins
Waterboy

Post by pepper blevins »

I think the titans and the giants will be the teams in the super bowl this year.

GIANTS-21
TITANS-17

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

I got a question guys, this years Superbowl is at Tampa Bay. Has there been many teams to be host to a Superbowl with there team in the game? TB isn't doing that bad this year but I don't see them getting threw what now is a tuff NFC, but ya never know.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

The Titans were dominated by the Jets!!!!

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

i think Giants and Jets as well.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

the JETS the JETS

ARE NOT GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. I still dont even think they are the best team in there division right now, they split games with the Pats.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Just_A_Fan wrote:I got a question guys, this years Superbowl is at Tampa Bay. Has there been many teams to be host to a Superbowl with there team in the game? TB isn't doing that bad this year but I don't see them getting threw what now is a tuff NFC, but ya never know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Su ... _champions

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Just_A_Fan wrote:I got a question guys, this years Superbowl is at Tampa Bay. Has there been many teams to be host to a Superbowl with there team in the game? TB isn't doing that bad this year but I don't see them getting threw what now is a tuff NFC, but ya never know.

i BELIEVE that in '02, the Buccaneers beat the Raiders in Tampa

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Too early for me to make a Super Bowl pick, but my darkhorse in the AFC right now would have to be Indianapolis. They keep getting better and better as they get healthy and they're 4-2 on the road. They have an easy schedule from here on out, with their toughest game remaining coming against Tennessee in Week 17 who might not have anything to play for by then.
If the Colts keep the 5th spot in the AFC, they'll face the Broncos - who will likely be the worst team in the playoffs (by far, I might add). This is where the Colt's ability to win on the road will come into play.
If they beat Denver, they could be playing Tennessee (who they'll be familiar with), Pittsburgh (who they've already beaten), or the Jets who are a very inexperienced playoff team.

rivercat
Freshman Team

Post by rivercat »

Bigtimehitter, I think the Buccaneer Super Bowl victory was in San Diego.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I agree, to early to say...alot can happen in the next 4 weeks.

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

Giants, Pats rematch 8)

for you fuzz :122249

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Patriots won't even win their division

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

If they win the rest of their games, and the Bretts lose they will :)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

cghornet10 wrote:Giants, Pats rematch 8)

for you fuzz :122249

If that happens, I'll give up two of my three worldly loves: Beer and watching football.... just kidding about the football part.... and the beer part, too.
It's been a crazy season, especially in the AFC. Anything could happen.
Believe it or not, the road to the AFC East Championship/Wild Card spot could be determined by the 6-6 Buffalo Bills who play Miami, New York and New England in the next four weeks. Personally, I have no respect for Buffalo, but who knows what they're capable of....

The Colts are almost certainly going to get to the magical 11-win mark this year with games against Cincinnati, Detroit, and at Jacksonville the next 3 weeks.
Out of the Pats, the Jets, and the Dolphins, I'd lean with the Patriots as the team with the best chance to make the playoffs. They've got the West Coast games at Seattle (2-10) and Oakland (3-10), then a game at Home against Arizona (who has a losing record in non-divisional games), and finally they finish up against the Bills. Combined record of remaining opponents: 18-31 (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)....
The Team with the toughest schedule remaining is Baltimore, who takes on Washington tomorrow at home, then gets another home game against Pittsburgh (9-3) in a matchup that could decide the AFC North. They then go to Dallas (8-4) and finish the season against J-Ville (4-8). Combined record of remaining opponents: 28-20.

After New York's little debacle at home against Denver, I'm putting them on pick lock-down/upset alert. They've already lost the likes of Oakland on the West Coast and now they've got San Fran (4-8) in Cali tomorrow. The good news is that Brett Favre has never lost to San Francisco in the regular season, but I don't trust this bunch as far as I can throw them.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I think Indy will play Carolina in the Superbowl and Indy wins it.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

i think the panthers vs titans and carolina wins there first super bowl

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

Pittsburgh vs Carolina.

tarheels18
Freshman Team

Post by tarheels18 »

rockhillbasketball wrote:Pittsburgh vs Carolina.

i don't think pittsburgh will make it if big ben keeps getting hurt every game.

Return to “Pro Sports”