Reds 2012

boogerred
All State

Re: Reds 2012

Post by boogerred »

Wonder if Billy Hamilton can play shortstop at the major league level? 103 sb last year, WOW!!!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Have fun without Votto.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

BBallin fool wrote:Is it just a rumor??? Votto for Rays starting pitcher James Shields???
If this is done in this, or possibly the next off season I may never watch the Reds again!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Best not trade Votto it will come back and bite you like the Hamilton deal did!!!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

The Reds are worried that Votto is signed for only two more years and they that he'll be too expensive for them to resign long term!!! But trading him even up for Shields ( who is very good) is absolute craziness!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Hope the Reds don't give Yonder Alonso away for nothing alot of talk Cleveland & Whitesox hes only 25!!! and one hell of a hitter.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

How about they can dusty baker first

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Winter meeting start today!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BBallin fool wrote:Is it just a rumor??? Votto for Rays starting pitcher James Shields???

You would think the Reds would have learned from the Volquez for hamilton trade not to do something stupid like that again.

How can you jsutify trading a guy that will more than likely knock in over 100 runs for you as well as score over 100 runs for a guy that might pitch in 25 games. Win maybe 15 of them, but wouldn't win a one of them if it wasn't for a guy like Votto producing runs for the team? I jsut don't understand teams that trade hitting for pitching, especially a top hitter like Votto. if it was Stubbs, then I say go for it.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:

You would think the Reds would have learned from the Volquez for hamilton trade not to do something stupid like that again.

How can you jsutify trading a guy that will more than likely knock in over 100 runs for you as well as score over 100 runs for a guy that might pitch in 25 games. Win maybe 15 of them, but wouldn't win a one of them if it wasn't for a guy like Votto producing runs for the team? I jsut don't understand teams that trade hitting for pitching, especially a top hitter like Votto. if it was Stubbs, then I say go for it.
While I agree with you in theory. Shields is 20x's the pitcher Volquez was when the Reds made the trade for him.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

updates!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Not 1 thing was done??? Just because Pujols is gone does not mean your going to win the Div.man they need some help!!!

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

Rumor has it that Shields is out of the picture now too. So not only did we miss out on Willingham, we haven't made a single move yet. However, we did improve the AA coaching staff. "Winning...."

I will give up on the Reds if they sit back this entire offseason.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

Breaking News: Red's just acquired Mat Latos from the Padres for Volquez, Alonso, Boxberger, and Grandal.

If you ask me the Reds gave up too much for a #2 pitcher. I like the trade if it's Shields or someone more proven, but not Latos. Oh well, hope it all pans out for us. I can't complain too much, at least they didn't sit back all offseason.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

I think Jocketty felt the pressure to do something. Latos is a good pitcher but giving up four players was a little much. I wouldn't have complained if it were Volquez, Grandal, and Alonso. Boxberger was on track to be the Reds future closer/set up. I like the fact that Latos is under team control for a few years though. Hopefully Great American Small Park is kind to him.

If Homer Bailey continues to improve like he has been and actually stays healthy they will have a pretty decent rotation. I like the rotation of Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Arroyo, and Leake. If Bailey doesn't pitch well or gets injured Wood, LeCure, or ??? can fill in. Even though they traded away alot of talent they didn't have to give up any pitching so they still have good depth.

The Reds are still in need of a closer and LF so it will be interesting to see what they do next. I wouldn't be surprised if they filled the holes from within the organization.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

They also need a SS. Cozart still has to get better to be a solid SS. I just hope we do some damage in the NL Central this year.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Cozart was on fire before he got injured so hopefully he can pick up where he left off. I'll take him over Janish anyday.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

GREAT move. Got rid of Volquez (thankfully) Alonzo and Grandal weren't gonna play for this team. Boxberger is tough to give away but Latos is worth it.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Stubbs Will he go or stay?

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Chances are Stubbs will stay. Trading him would create a hole in CF that they can't fill. I think Heisey will get alot of playing time in LF unless they sign a FA or trade for a better player.

They are rumored to be going Jason Kubel, a left handed OF who played for the Twins the past few years. I think he would be a cheap addition that could pay off if he could put up the same numbers from 2009: .300 AVG 28 HR 103 RBI. Lifetime he's a .271 batter. Since Heisey can't hit lefties I think they would make a great platoon.

They are also looking for more pitching so a cheaper starter like Zach Duke would be good for depth.

Return to “Pro Sports”