2020 Cincinnati Reds

superblue
All Conference

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Reds

Post by superblue »

Being an indians fan I won't comment on the reds. I agree 100% 0n your assessment about the umpires.. Technology has exposed the bad ones. I watch most of the tribe games, seen pitches located in the center on the strike zone box called balls. Low pitches called strikes, High pitches called whatever.. Also we have a lot of rookies doing games because some of the umps opted out for the season...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Reds have called up their prized shortstop prospect Jose Garcia on Wednesday. Garcia is the Reds #6 prospect and would have started at Double-A Chattanooga after never playing above Class A Advanced. To make room on the 40 man roster, reliever Pedro Strop was activated from the 10 day injured list and designated for assignment. Strop was one of the five free agents signed by the Reds in the offseason.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

About two hours after the NBA postponed all of the NBA games in Orlando today, The Milwaukee Brewers postponed their game tonight against the Cincinnati Reds.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

5:15 start today

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Milwaukee Brewers and the Cincinnati Reds will return to the field Thursday afternoon for a seven inning doubleheader beginning at 4:10 PM.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

A smooth and convincing seven inning doubleheader sweep was a prescription for what ailed Cincinnati, which claimed a 6-0 victory over Milwaukee in game 2 of a twin bill at Miller Park on Thursday. Now 13-17 at the shortened regular season's halfway point, the Reds took game 1 in convincing fashion as well, earning a 6-1 win to split the four game series against the Brewers. Nick Castellanos and Jesse Winker figured prominently in both games, combining to go 9-14 with 3 homeruns, 3 doubles and 7 RBI's in the doubleheader. On the heels of Sonny Grays five scoreless innings in game 1, game 2 starter Wade Miley gave the Reds zeroes for four innings, with one hit and one walk allowed and three strikeouts.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Best place for Votto to be in the doublehitter!!! Like both lineups!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Kind of like the 7 inning game thing. Gives the Reds bullpen fewer opportunities to blow a save.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Reds are halfway through the shortened season. They are 13-17 and 5 games back, playing at a .433 clip. Last year they finished at a .463 winning percentage. The Reds are regressing.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Omega wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:11 am Kind of like the 7 inning game thing. Gives the Reds bullpen fewer opportunities to blow a save.
True. !!!

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

A small sample size but the Reds are like 6-0 without Votto in the lineup. It's actually sad watching Votto get old right in front of our eyes.
Not sure what to do with him, he is still owed 82 million after this season. Does he retire and walk away from that money ? or does he continue to regress ? . I honestly believe he has too much pride to continue on this path and retires.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:58 pm A small sample size but the Reds are like 6-0 without Votto in the lineup. It's actually sad watching Votto get old right in front of our eyes.
Not sure what to do with him, he is still owed 82 million after this season. Does he retire and walk away from that money ? or does he continue to regress ? . I honestly believe he has too much pride to continue on this path and retires.
I agree 100% ! It's time to walk away.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cincinnati Reds Anthony DeSclafani was activated from the paternity list Friday. The 30 year old was placed on the paternity list this past Tuesday, but he will rejoin the team for the weekend after spending some time with his family. DeScafani could take the mound for game 2 of Saturday's doubleheader against the Chicago Cubs.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With starter Wade Miley going on the injured list and the Reds 2nd doubleheader in 3 days looming, Reds starter Tyler Mahle had quite an outing for the Reds in a 6-5 win over the Chicago Cubs. After allowing a pair of solo home runs in the 1st innings, they were the only 2 hits that Mahle gave up over 6 2/3 innings. He walked 2 and struck out 11 in a superb performance. The Reds had 3 solo homeruns tonight from Suarez, Winker and Freddie Galvis.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

How many homers does Suarez have on the year? I haven't been able to watch much.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:36 pm How many homers does Suarez have on the year? I haven't been able to watch much.
Trench, I'm pretty sure that Suarez now has 7 homeruns on the year. He got off to a very slow start, but has started to hit a lot better in the past couple weeks. I'm sure that Jesse Winker has 9 homeruns for the Reds.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Reds have acquired Tampa Bay Rays prospect Riley O'Brien in a trade for left-handed reliever Cody Reed on Friday. O'Brien, is a 25 year old right-handed pitcher, was added to the Reds 60 man player pool and will report to Plasco Park in Mason, Ohio. O'Brien was rated as the #20 prospect in the Tampa Bay organization.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Reds have Designated Phillip Ervin for assignment. Ervin, was the Reds first round pick in the 2013 MLB Draft, and was out of minor league options. He was only 3 for 35 at the plate this year with no extra base hits. The Reds have seven days to trade Ervin, or place him on waivers.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Castellanos leads the Reds with 10 HRS
Winkler 9
Suarez 7
Galvis 6

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cincinnati Reds Joey Votto was clearly not happy to be benched, but he's a numbers guy, and he knows his numbers just don't add up this season. He was asked if he was surprised to be benched ? I've been benched before for a single game, but I don't think I've ever sat out for multiple games. My tone may sound frustrated, but I'm responsible for that. We're in the performance business, we're in it to win. I've been a part of too many losses, and I need to be better for sure. It's a new experience for me.

Return to “Pro Sports”