T.O TO Bengals

ironmen1987
SE

Re: T.O TO Bengals

Post by ironmen1987 »

You don't drive a car 200,000 miles, take a different one across town to Walmart, then drive the original one to Florida and claim you "gave it a rest". They had talent in the backfield but didn't use it till Benson was already getting dinged up. Just another example of poor decision making that leads to their failure to advance.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Bengals sweeping the league was not lucky. How many teams can do that. And winning a close game shows that they donot give up. Beating pitt and ravens on there home turf is by no means easy. Cinci used benson , there main work horse. But didnt wear him out. He was out hurt for several games. scott and L.J ran the ball very well.
Bryant is a top long ball speedster. He will take henrys place. Matt jones is BIG and will be hit over the middle, He has a great pair of hands.
Cinci lost alot in the second half of the season. Lost a wr and both TE. The had at one time , only 4 starters on def. But thats part of the game. They only had one wr and he was double coverd. There making adjustments for the passing game. Next year will be harder with the schedule they have .

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

First it was Coles that was the answer. Now its a guy that hasn't been wanted once he got there and another one that was out of football last season. One hit wonders are not the way to build a team for the long haul.....

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Brat: Change at the pass
GEOFF HOBSON

Posted Mar 12, 2010

a a With the addition of a starter in Antonio Bryant and two other veterans in the mix for a roster spot in Matt Jones and the newly-signed Chris Davis, Bengals offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski is looking at a different receiving corps.

Which is just as well because he says all the receivers are going to be looking a different passing game than the one they saw in their playbooks last year. Bratkowski says it isn’t as massive as the overhaul he gave the running game last offseason, but it is significant as he tries to revive a pass offense that finished seventh from the bottom in the NFL rankings in yards per game.

“The players will notice the difference,” Bratkowski said. “It’s not as big as the changes we made in the running game last year, but the passing game is getting the same kind of attention we gave the running game in the offseason last year.”

Bratkowski is banking on the same results for the pass. After the Bengals finished 29th in rushing in 2008, the retooled running game broke a franchise record with eight 100-yard games on the way to a No. 9 league ranking. He wouldn’t be specific about the pass changes.

“We’re looking to match our quarterback’s strengths with our receivers in order to get bigger plays downfield,” he said.

Bryant is making his first Cincinnati media appearance later Friday afternoon in a conference call.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

With the Bengals expected to announce the re-signing of safety Roy Williams in the next day or two on the heels of tackle Tank Johnson's deal last week, defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer is looking at an intact unit that gave the franchise its highest ranking since Reagan’s first term.

Which makes the draft a lot more wide open than ever before on defense. Last year the Bengals needed a linebacker fairly high for a thin group. The year before that they needed a run-stuffing tackle. The year before that they needed a cornerback ...

“We don’t have to take a guy because we have to,” Zimmer said Saturday, looking ahead to the April 22-24 extravaganza. “We can take a guy because he’s the best guy there and that’s a pretty good place to be.”

Zimmer isn’t saying his No. 4 crew is No. 1 yet. He’s concerned about his best pass rusher coming off injury with right end Antwan Odom in rehab. “You never know about an Achilles." Zimmer will always say he’s looking for a cornerback, he wants them to rush the passer better, and he needs the broken legs of linebackers Rey Maualuga and Rashad Jeanty to knit.

“We’ve got some questions we have to answer,” Zimmer said. “But we know these guys and they know us and that’s a good start.”

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Updated: 7:30 p.m.

The Antonio Bryant of Friday sounds like the Antonio Bryant of a scouting report from a guy that worked with him during his rookie year in Dallas in 2002.

“Very intense. Very serious about the game,” the man said of Bryant shortly after the Bengals signed him to a four-year deal this week. “At some point in training camp after a defensive back has had his hands all over him, he’s going to come up swinging. He won’t back down. He’s got a mean streak, and that’s a good thing because it makes him extremely competitive.”

And Bryant hasn’t backed down in his brief time here. When he met with Bengals president Mike Brown and much of the football staff during his visit Tuesday he opened up about his controversial past. Then, in his Cincinnati media debut Friday on a conference call with the locals, he couldn’t hide his excitement about bringing his hard-nosed style to a stable defending division champion.

“Football is a testosterone sport. It’s not ballet, know what I mean?” Bryant asked. “I’m an edgy guy. I’m very edgy, but I think every player has to have some type of edge. That’s what defines your competitive nature and how you approach the game. I’m a little bit more physical than probably what they’re used to. You have to have each side of the scale to balance out the situation in the offense. I know there’s a lot of ins and outs in the offense and what I can do is bring a little more toughness to the game

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Looking at the schedule i'd say they will be pushed to finish .500 and thats if the defense can match last years numbers. That includes a loss to my Panthers in Carolina "rainy-boy" :122245 :122245 :122245

MM125
Riding the Bench

Post by MM125 »

ironmen1987 wrote:Looking at the schedule i'd say they will be pushed to finish .500 and thats if the defense can match last years numbers. That includes a loss to my Panthers in Carolina "rainy-boy" :122245 :122245 :122245

:lol: :lol: No way is that gonna happen, you are on here bashing the bengals for poor decision making and signing a one hit wonder, what do you call Jake Delhomme the guy is terrible and yet Carolina finally came to their senes to let him go after about 5 years of him wrecking them

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

You seem to forget that Carolina was like a roller coaster long before Jake. I would rather have a winning team every other year than one that made me wait 19 years to have something to cheer about..... Go ahead and trash my Panthers. We've made some awful draft choices, let players go that we really needed, and signed some really crazy deals. Before you do though, tally up the records and playoff appearances of both teams and let me know what you find out..... :)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Those in glass houses..............................................

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Saved you the work.... Since 1995 Carolina has won 113 games, Cinci 96. Car has 4 playoff appearances 3 NFC Championship games and a superbowl appearance, Cinci has 2 playoff appearances. Neither team is anywhere near dynasty status. Car has won at least 7 games 12 times, Cinci 8 times. I would say the biggest difference is that most years Cinci has had more talent but Carolina has done more with less. Sound fair to you???

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Owens---I would never have this nut on my team--just too much trouble

He thinks he is so good that he will always be pick up--every team needs to hang up on this guy

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

No one has picked him up yet. Some team will at a bargain price. No big money for him.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Dont know what it means, but T.O just bought a house in cinci. Hamilton county.

Return to “Pro Sports”