2008 Cincinnati Reds

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

2008 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

I hope the Reds can have a solid pitching year and get up over the .500 mark.

What do you guys think they will do this year?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

13 UNDER .500

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Reds will have Aaron Harang,Bronson Arroyo, Matt Belisle, Homer Baily and Edinson Volquez. No lefties in the rotation.

With Aaron Harang the Reds went 24 and 10 in his starts and 48 and 80 in all other games.

Arroyo had 20+ quality starts but won only 9 games-- he just didn't get the run support

The rest of these guys need to improve command of their fastball

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

they picked up a lefty today,Jeremy Affeldt. he was in the bullpen in colorado but should have a shot at the rotation. he was in 75 games with a 4-3 record and a 3.51 ERA. Left-handed hitters batted .250 against him and right-handers hit .211

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

watch out for Baily, he's gonna be good. then the reds will trade him. but he'll be good while he lasts in cinci

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Thursday jan 24th from 6 to 8 pm , Dusty baker , ryan freel, reds broadcasters, mr red , will be at the grand central mall.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

ace63 wrote:Thursday jan 24th from 6 to 8 pm , Dusty baker , ryan freel, reds broadcasters, mr red , will be at the grand central mall.

They must have alot of confidence in Jay Bruce to trade Hamilton.

But I expect Bronson to rebound after a subpar year last year, and hopefully win the weakest division in all of baseball.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Jay bruce was the reds minor league player of the year . he will also be at the grand central mall,

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think the reds will be good this year not great. maybe 2nd or 3rd in the central. They have shown us that they are not willing to shell out big money for good pitching(starting pitching). Maybe they can dump Dunn Before the allstar break for a solid arm.With the line up we have we don't need Dunns strike outs.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

I wish we would have never got rid of hamilton. FINE PLAYER, and i agree we need to get rid of Dunn for a good starter. Wed dont need him striking out 300 times a year. We got some good young player like Norris Hooper, and Jay Bruce that can play in the outfield and turn into some pretty good major league players. I just hope that the pitching staff holds up and are bullpen has a good year, one way to get a good bullpen would be to get rid of Mike Stanton and Todd Cofey, I HATE THEM.

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtowntiger78
Riding the Bench

Post by gtowntiger78 »

I remember an interview Marty gave a couple years back, when the Reds' had Dunn, Griffey and Kearns in the OF, he said that the Reds chances of winning were very low due to the type of hitters they were and where they batted in the lineup(i.e. - to many K's). I'd have to say that he's been right on the money so far. If the Red's are .500 this year, I'll consider it a good year. The best thing is that after 2008, we get rid of Griffey & Dunn to free up some salary for KEY free agents. With the young talent coming up, I like the Reds in '09 and beyond.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

i wish the reds put more effort into trying to aquire eric bedard that wouldhave put them as the favorite in the division for sure

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

gtowntiger78 wrote:I remember an interview Marty gave a couple years back, when the Reds' had Dunn, Griffey and Kearns in the OF, he said that the Reds chances of winning were very low due to the type of hitters they were and where they batted in the lineup(i.e. - to many K's). I'd have to say that he's been right on the money so far. If the Red's are .500 this year, I'll consider it a good year. The best thing is that after 2008, we get rid of Griffey & Dunn to free up some salary for KEY free agents. With the young talent coming up, I like the Reds in '09 and beyond.

Its not a issue of freeing up salery. The Reds are going to have to spend more money period. Griffey doesn't make that much money, and if the Reds were going to get rid of Dunn then they would not have picked up his option.I give them two more years after this year to really start contending for the Central. That will give them time to see what there prospects can do and bring in the right players.
Griffey had a good year last season and I think that he can have two more just like that. There hitting is fine and there pitching is OK, the one thing everyone seems to overlook is there defense. It has been bad for a few years and they really need to work to improve that. I feel that they started to work on it last year. Lets hope they continue to do so this year. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I honestly feel they will be just fine in 2008. They are going to be a contender this year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

FalconFan wrote:I honestly feel they will be just fine in 2008. They are going to be a contender this year.

I think they will finish no worse than third. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Im thinking reds will be IN FIRST PLACE !!!!!!!!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Go REDS

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

ace63 wrote:Im thinking reds will be IN FIRST PLACE !!!!!!!!

You probably thought the same thing about the Bengals. ;-)

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

manwithplan wrote:
ace63 wrote:Im thinking reds will be IN FIRST PLACE !!!!!!!!

You probably thought the same thing about the Bengals. ;-)

I wish :-D :-D :-D

Return to “Pro Sports”