How many folks are sick of the Reds not makeing the playoffs

Coach93
Freshman Team

How many folks are sick of the Reds not makeing the playoffs

Post by Coach93 »

Just wondering how many folks around the southernohio are sick and tried of the Reds not makeing the post season?????????????????? :12223

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Re: How many folks are sick of the Reds not makeing the playoffs

Post by CharlieHustle »

:evil: I can tell you I am, all the front office wants to do is keep their money instead of buying decent players and winning, I don't think they understand that they get more money for winning the World Series. Trading Hamilton is one of the stupidest things thay have ever done. :evil:

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

First year of my life that I didn't go to a Reds game.

I ain't no frontrunner, but the goings-on at Pete Rose Way are a travesty.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

At least we aren't Pirate fans....
Also, Milwaukee Brewers are in the playoffs for the first time since 1982! Now THAT'S a long time.
BTW, here's hoping the Brew-Crew wins it all.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Joke about the Pirates all you want but they are probably closer to winning than the Reds are.The way to win is not through free agency in these types of markets,it's building from within, and the Pirates have already started that.They thought free agent quick fixes would get it done too at one time.Until the Reds finally realize that they will get no better than they are now.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I never went either.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Black Panther wrote:Joke about the Pirates all you want but they are probably closer to winning than the Reds are.The way to win is not through free agency in these types of markets,it's building from within, and the Pirates have already started that.They thought free agent quick fixes would get it done too at one time.Until the Reds finally realize that they will get no better than they are now.

That is how the wininng teams do it .

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

I agree about tradeing Josh Hamilton that was the biggest joke in the world what did we get for him a closer that had tobe operated on and shut down for the season. That was no surprise . Walt and Old Big Bob better get a clue and in hurry. I hope they can get some good players to go with Votto and Bruce and Phillips . And i hope to heck that David Weathers is gone he is horrible :lol: :lol: :lol: . The Red's do need a power guy to go with Bruce!!!!!!!!. I went to one game the frist game after the all star break and good old CoCO Cordeo came in in the 9 th and gave up a three run homer to David Wright thus the Reds lost 10 to 6 :evil: :evil: After that game i never seen so many folks so mad some were throwing there Red's hats in the urnils in the rest rooms no joke :lol: Something got to change how I long for the day's of the 1990 Reds and The Big Red Machine those were the day's and don't forget Charlie Hustle Aka Pete Rose :12224

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

You do have to remember that we got Edinson Volquez for Josh Hamilton. So personally i dont see that trade as being that bad. With us bringing up Jay Bruce, it did not seem that bad to me.

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

for the first time in a long time, i actually like the reds chances next year. the reds haven't had a group of good young talent like this in a while. IMO they are a few pieces away from contending. they need a good #5 starter, preferably a lefty. they need another good bullpen arm. they need a center fielder that plays decent defense and can hit lead off. imo they have everything else in place to make a run at the central title.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Not Me, I hate the Reds, Go Indians :122245

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I haven't gave a darn for baseball since they cancelled the world series......baseball is for kids.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

fuzzhead wrote:At least we aren't Pirate fans....
Also, Milwaukee Brewers are in the playoffs for the first time since 1982! Now THAT'S a long time.
BTW, here's hoping the Brew-Crew wins it all.

Yeah but we are going on 19 years without a World Series and 14 years (I believe) since our last playoff series, this is unexcusable for a Franchise with the history of the Reds, the front office needs to get their heads out of their, well you know, and start going after some key free agents, this team has some young pieces already in place, now they need some leadership out their with them. Before anyone says they had leadership with Griffey I would have to say you are wrong, Griffey in my mind lost his will to play in Cincy when they took that trip out to Seattle a couple of years ago, he seen what if felt like to still be wanted, and if any one wants to throw Dunn into the leadership catergory don't even get me started on that no talen waste of space, I just can't believe we could sucker someone into taking him. I know people are going to say that Dunn can hit the long ball, thats good but could he just put the ball in play once in a while, he swings for the fences everytime no wonder he is always close to the top with strikeouts. Now that I have that off my chest I feel better now.

Go Reds, here's hoping for a better 09.

Return to “Pro Sports”